Christina Aguilera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
    Sadly it’s not easy to be a fan of Xtina.

I agree everything after B2B was a hard time for her fans and for herself.

KGB greatest hits was messy.

We had rough time with Bionic and all the negativy around album and herself. It must be the hardest time for Xtina in her life. Lack of success, any kind of positivity and hard times in her personal life especially.

I remember Xtina after giving birth. She rarely got outside of her house, and when she did she looked very distant, very empty, not present and very sad and depressed.

We enjoyed Bionic although.

We also enjoyed Burlesque ost and it was well received, although it was hard for me to see her not wanting to promote the movie and ost, you could see she didn’t want to be there.

Then we had Xtina as judge on The Voice which was huge success. Still there was a lot of negativity towards her looks, outfits and attitude.

Then came nightmare called Lotus.
    I was convinced it could be her best album. She had great perspective for doing the best album in her career, so many stories to be told. She got divorced, she became single parent, she was coming from rlly hard period of her life, national anthem, arrest, all the labels that she’s fat, her outfit choices… and we got shouty dated songs and production. Also she never performed Your Body live! That was a crime.

All of a sudden X lost a lot of weight and she had a hit song with Say Something and positive reactions towards her came slowly back, and then she got pregnant.

Then we’ve waited for new music for soooo loooooong. Too long.

Liberation was announced and Accelerate was released and it killed all the anticipation and any chance for doing good on charts.

Her look was again one of the subjects cuz she did her lipa enormous and she had some other fillers or botox also.

The album was fine, was it worth of 6 years waiting?
    Hell no, but it was decent album. Again, there was lack of promotion and her best songs on album never came to audience and to life.

The positive thing around this Liberation tour was tour, then The Xperience in Vegas and finally The X Tour she did in Europe.

She connected again with audience and fans and got great reviews.

After that she announced some music in vault that never happened.

Announcing spanish era that much earlier before releasing was such a wrong move.

Finally we got La Fuerza. Great EP and 4 music videos.
    Wow, but again she ignored any kind of promotion.
    Why is she doing that, I don’t know.

I appriciate her so much as person cuz she’s very private, loves being home, loves being with her close ppl and family. She has all the money in the world but I don’t see her as superficial, she doesn’t even like to travel much.
    I guess she struggled in before with some sort of anxiety and depression and that was she reason for closing her walls around her and staying at home.

Also she stopped with lip fillers, hopefully forever!

Let’s hope for great times w Xtina in future, great music and less pauses in between.

EP2 come to us this month, please!
    I agree with everything

I think that the problem with this fanbase (not all of course) that you focus too much on the negatives rather than the positives. Life is easier when you focus on the positive.

Her 2012-2018 hiatus was too long for fans. But if she were my mom, I'd rather her spend time with me. Everyone is different, and she didn't have to do what most celebrities do when they have young children.

If you think that she will release a smash hit one day or start hard promoting her music, then... well, I have to disappoint you.
    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Sat May 14, 2022, 20:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
      Sadly it’s not easy to be a fan of Xtina.

I agree everything after B2B was a hard time for her fans and for herself.
      Exactly. We can dress it all up however we want, but nothing ever really seemed to pan out the way it was supposed to after the end of BTB era.

KGB was clearly a label cash-in because Bionic was taking too long. The track listing was messy, the lead single good but not great, and she did commercials at the time that had better concepts than the music video for the song.

Bionic didn’t land how it was supposed to. The album lacks a real lead single, NMT video wasn’t great and after the second week drops and tour cancellation, she more or less abandoned the album.

Burlesque promo was a contractual obligation and that was that. Her heart wasn’t in it.

Lotus was clearly an album the label demanded from her as a form of damage control. At this point it had been six years since she has a real hit and I guess the label forced Your Body on her - which was supposed to be a sure hit, being a Max Martin song, but then she never performed it which I’ve always assumed was her attempts at a protest.

The problem is the label were right in their thinking, if not their approach. Based on her publicity from The Voice it was the perfect time for a damage control era but she just didn’t deliver. Lotus isn’t as bad as most fans make out and has a few gems, but it’s pretty clear she didn’t want to make it.

Then the six year gap imo was inexcusable. I love Liberation but it was not a comeback album, and here we are four years later watching her treat her Latin comeback like a game.

I think I could get on board with all of it if the music was consistently good and worth the wait. Commercial success at this point doesn’t bother me - I genuinely don’t care about sales or follow charts. But nothing she releases ever seems to justify the wait.

That’s why I call her a part time pop star. Her heart hasn’t really been in it for a very long time and she never commits herself 100%.
      Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Why is this song #1? Pa Mis Muchachas or Santo should be #1 wtf

But on the other hand, MLJ is a Christina song, exactly

Comment

• Isn’t it her most played song?

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
            Isn’t it her most played song?
            Yeah, over 600k stream per day but... Lady Marmalade is #21 on this playlist even though this song is streamed 160-180k times a day

Comment

• I wish she had recorded a solo version of Lady Marmalade for her greatest hits album.

Comment

• In commercial terms? It's very good she didn't, because then KGB (album) wouldn't be platinum in the US

The biggest crime is that CHUD was not included in this compilation

Comment

• I’m seeing the May 27th Date more and more…

fingers crossed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                    In commercial terms? It's very good she didn't, because then KGB (album) wouldn't be platinum in the US

The biggest crime is that CHUD was not included in this compilation
                    The track listing is a mess. I’d have preferred a solo version of Lady Marmalade recorded and included in the greatest hits just as another incentive, and the fact she sings it solo live anyway. I’d have like that more than Dynamite/YAWYA.

To be honest I’m surprised she hasn’t released a live album yet either. Maybe her label will give us the Stripped Tour audio for Stripped’s 20th?

Comment

The track listing is a mess. I’d have preferred a solo version of Lady Marmalade recorded and included in the greatest hits just as another incentive, and the fact she sings it solo live anyway. I’d have like that more than Dynamite/YAWYA.

To be honest I’m surprised she hasn’t released a live album yet either. Maybe her label will give us the Stripped Tour audio for Stripped’s 20th?
                      Genie 2.0 > GIAB
                      You Are What You Are (Beautiful) > Beautiful
                      Dynamite is 6/10

I'd like a live album. Maybe someday she will released...

Comment

• Btw

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Mon May 16, 2022, 17:21.

Comment

Genie 2.0 > GIAB
                          Every time.

I wasn’t really a fan of GIAB. I don’t think I really became a fan until COOB was released. I remember loving LM but it probably wasn’t until Dirrty dropped I knew I was with her for live.

Comment

Every time.

I wasn’t really a fan of GIAB. I don’t think I really became a fan until COOB was released. I remember loving LM but it probably wasn’t until Dirrty dropped I knew I was with her for live.
                            I was too young to remember her debut (of course, later I got to know these songs, because they were on mtv or on the radio) But as a little kid, I remember LM and NWTBL very well on the radio. And then a real storm on the radio with all the Stripped singles. In hindsight, I think I heard Candyman on the radio the most.
                            So to this day I am surprised that this song was only # 25 in the US. But you know, I don't live in the US

Comment

• I know there is a little time difference between COOB and NWTBL in terms of release, but I'm only a little older than Reflection 1998, so even that time gap for a child is significant.

Comment

Btw

“I want to take a moment to clear something up and tell the story, which is very fun: DISCLAIMER: I’m not the author of “La Reina” by X. That one was written by my bros @@@@@ but I do appear as “Calan” on the video. That day there were 2 videos recorded for 2 songs: La Reina and another one in which I am the co-author. X is a goddess, she wanted the writers to show up with her on the video, can you believe it? So then, @ and I were waiting to film the other video but the shoot was delayed and the guys suggested that we join in so we wouldn’t be bored hanging around. We told them that if they appeared in our video, we would appear in theirs. And so it was! The 6 of us appeared in both videos. Needless to say, we had a blast, and I think it shows!”

His instastory;
                                https://www.instagram.com/yoelhenriq..._unavailable=1

Comment

I know there is a little time difference between COOB and NWTBL in terms of release, but I'm only a little older than Reflection 1998, so even that time gap for a child is significant.

I didn't realise you were that young, you missed Debut and Stripped in real time, I'm sorry for you!

Great that there is already another video filmed, E.P 2 has to be coming soon.

I'm guessing the other video's song is in a similar vein to La Reina which would be great.

Comment

• Comment

• She is looking very good today!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• LOL at the whisky promo haha. What a mess.

But.. NEW VIDEO? Yaaaaaaaas!
                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
                                              LOL at the whisky promo haha. What a mess.

But.. NEW VIDEO? Yaaaaaaaas!
                                              If this girl isn’t talking shit Christina will soon have two new videos ready to go with the other one filmed on the same day as La Reina.

Who would have thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

If this girl isn’t talking shit Christina will soon have two new videos ready to go with the other one filmed on the same day as La Reina.

Who would have thought!
                                                I know I'm boring, but I hope they shot a video for Lloras Por Na or for the song ft. Rosalia.

Comment

I know I'm boring, but I hope they shot a video for Lloras Por Na or for the song ft. Rosalia.
                                                  I want the final version of Lloras Por Na but the first single needs to be something no one has heard as most fans have heard the Demo.

I’m most excited for the Christian Nodel duet though interested to see what her and Tini have done together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I want the final version of Lloras Por Na but the first single needs to be something no one has heard as most fans have heard the Demo.

I’m most excited for the Christian Nodel duet though interested to see what her and Tini would do together.
                                                    Oh yes, you are right.
                                                    I am also interested in the new version of Lolita (I don't know if this song will be on the album)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X