Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    She should release something like Bionic, that album will stand the test of time.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    The thing is that whatever it was it probably would feel like Liberation 2.0. I'd love that. But knowing how she mixes up things with every new release I'm afraid those songs will end up being overhauled and I just hope it's not something like Flopus.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post

I think this one is lost forever. That vault combination had been lost probably
    She probably forgot she said it to be honest, she well known to say things are gonna happen them nothing happens. I’m not expecting anything till 2022 sadly.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

She still has the vAuLt AlBuM and the SpAnIsH aLbUm.
    I think this one is lost forever. That vault combination had been lost probably

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Do we know what she’s up to? Any new album in the works? Always gutted that duet with Pink wasn’t released.
    She still has the vAuLt AlBuM and the SpAnIsH aLbUm.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Do we know what she’s up to? Any new album in the works? Always gutted that duet with Pink wasn’t released.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Very nice of Christina to post about femicides in Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• ilearnedfromthebest
    replied
    I swear there must be totally first demo of Beautiful for what Christina sung. You can hear the drumkits in first seconds from her headphone and in "dont you bring me downnnnnnnn....UMMMMM....todayyyyyy".

Leave a comment:

• AlmondBreeze
    replied
    Flawless

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Xtina has been doing a good job celebrating Bionic’s anniversary on social media! It’s very cleverly done.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Thalia, Paulina Rubio, Christina Aguilera Open Up About Landmark 2000 Albums: Exclusive

CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Mi Reflejo (Sept. 12, 2000)

Mi Reflejo was Aguilera's first, and only, Spanish language album.

"I remember when I was first coming up, there was a big debate around me on changing my last name because all the businessmen around me thought it was too long, too complicated, and too ethnic," she says. "'Christina Agee' was an option, but that clearly wasn’t going to fly. I was dead set against the idea and I wanted to represent who I really was. Being Latina, it is a part of my heritage and who I am.

‪"There was another time in my childhood when I was being asked to legally change my name to my stepfather’s to be legally adopted and I was again dead set against it," Aguilera adds. "I've been fighting for my last name my whole life."‬

‪She lived up to that last name, recording Spanish versions of her hits like "Genie in a Bottle" and "Come On Over Baby (All I Want is You)." "I was excited to bring a new life to [these songs] and reinvent some things," she says. "I was allowed to create and express new ad libs and vocal runs that I wasn’t given the freedom to do on the original record. Everything sounds better in Spanish. Let's be honest."‬

‪What Aguilera enjoyed the most about Mi Reflejo was the new songs she recorded for the album like the heartbreaking "Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti."‬

‪"I recorded [the album] in Miami with Rudy Pérez, who really took me under his wing," Aguilera says. "He helped coach me when I was unsure. He didn't cage me into a specific stereotype, introducing me to classic boleros like 'Contigo En La Distancia,' which I still include in my setlists and love singing to this day."‬

‪Before going big with "Despacito," Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi featured on Aguilera's "Si No Te Hubiera Conocido." "I was taken with his vocal ability, talent, and charm," she says. ‬
    Mi Reflejo peaked at No. 1 on both the Top Latin Albums and Latin Pop Albums charts. "It was a beautiful thing to experience success in different markets and have a diverse fan base that grew in appreciating who I am," Aguilera says. "I am very proud of my Latin Grammy [for Best Female Pop Vocal Album] in honor of that album. My message, as in all my music, stands for being fearless to explore who you are. It's never too late to open a new door. Although it's scary to dive into territory that isn't your first language, it still doesn't erase who I am and how I want to express myself in all aspects of what intrigues and inspires me."

As for that next Latin music album from Aguilera, she's ready to be more personal with it. "I am getting back to my roots and exploring who I am now as a grown woman who doesn’t have to cover my own English material in Spanish, but as a woman who can draw from my own personal experiences and express that with honesty," she says. "Having survived decades in this business, I am proud to tell the truth about what that means to me."
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rk-2000-albums

Leave a comment:

• ljw200103
    replied
    I was hoping for a signed Bionic vinyl to buy

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Loving her lack of energy. Go girl give us nothing.

Leave a comment:

• ljw200103
    replied
    BIONIC is a piece of art!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SurfPop
    replied
    IMO Bionic is a masterpiece... my 2nd favourite from her as I can't really move Stripped from its position as my all-time favourite album from any artist.

However, I believe I listen to Bionic more often than Stripped

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Bionic is not my favourite album by her, apart from a couple tracks that I like, but it's part of her discography and she has ever right to celebrate it. Plus it has been certified Gold in the US so it did ok actually over time. Plenty of artists would kill for a gold cert these days.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Well, there's nothing wrong about celebrating her unpopular albums. Not to mention, she never disowned it. I think if social media was strong in the 2000s and 2010s, she would not have flopped that bad. She still has a solid fan base and she wants to make them happy obviously.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I don't get why we are talking about chart succes etc. Bionic may not light up the charts, but is an amazing record. There are 1000s of albums that never even saw the album charts that are far better than what is actually on top. I mean you can dislike the album, but to make such bitter statements is just odd. I love that Christina stands behind her art, she also used plenty of Bionic during her tour last year and I love her for that.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Someone is desperate for a justice moment. Does she still think it was ahead of it's time or does she finally realize it was simply a terrible album?
    Maybe you just have bad taste girl. Hate to see it.

This album STOMPs on a lot albums ho's releases today.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied

Celebrating a notorious and legit flop (cause that really was the pits) after all these #justice moments? I'm sure she wants her moment, but no one cares for that dreadful album.
    She got 1,800 questions on Twitter, its sad when “no one” cares isn’t it.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Celebrating a notorious and legit flop (cause that really was the pits) after all these #justice moments? I'm sure she wants her moment, but no one cares for that dreadful album.
    First of all, why are Tori Kelly fans coming in here? Second, what desperation? We, Christina fans, did our campaigns in 2013 and the album entered the real Billboard 200 list.(not everyone can relate). Thirdly, we are sorry that you have a tragic taste in music.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

Maybe you know her better

Justice moments are overrated anyway, an album sells ~ 3000 copies, does not even re-enter Billboard 200, people are just bored, and boring.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post

How exactly is she desperate ? She is going to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of her albums, like she (and we, the fans) did when the debut was about to turn 20, nothing more, nothing less.

She asked people to send her questions, so you can always ask whether she still thinks the album was ahead of its time.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

Someone is desperate for a justice moment. Does she still think it was ahead of it's time or does she finally realize it was simply a terrible album?
    How exactly is she desperate ? She is going to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of her albums, like she (and we, the fans) did when the debut was about to turn 20, nothing more, nothing less.

She asked people to send her questions, so you can always ask whether she still thinks the album was ahead of its time.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by ljw200103 View Post

So excited about this!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
    That's crazy. I've been playing this album a lot lately.
    Me too. Great album, bad timing

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied
    Bionic... Ahead of its time. Incredible album.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    That's crazy. I've been playing this album a lot lately.

Leave a comment:

• ljw200103
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post

So excited about this!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X