Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.l.A.

M.I.A.

Discuss this political and outspoken wonder! M.I.A.!

Her music is very fresh and there is simply noone quite like her!
    She has a great ability to touch on important issues with her intricate style and wove them together with pulsing and mad beats that will buzz in your brain!!

I love her 'Kala' album as it does not have one bad track on it! 'Arula' was a grower for me but I love it alot now. MAYA is just brilliant!

My Top 10 Most played:

1) Bamboo Banga
    2) Jimmy
    3) Bingo
    4) Space
    5) Come Around
    6) Paper Planes
    7) Big Branch
    8) Internet Connection
    9) Bucky Done Gun
    10) Amazon

Here's the place to gush over her (not literally! well each to their own), rant about her, moan about her, waffle on forever about pointless crap or actually inform others of something useful! x
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Once again, its Arular!

I just love her! She is in my top5 favourite artists of all time. I love her voice, swagger, lyrics, experimentation, diversity and relevance. Her albums are always a treat.

My Top 10 songs by her are...

1. 20 Dollars
    2. Bucky Done Gun
    3. Come Around
    4. World Town
    5. XXXO
    6. Paper Planes
    7. Galang
    8. Bamboo Banga
    9. Bird Flu
    10. Boyz

She is a true artist. I can go on about her for days.

For me, I find Kala as her best album, followed by Arular and then MAYA. And yes, I love MAYA a lot, so you can understand how much I love Kala.

Comment

I love this girl!
      Will You Still Love Me When I Got Nothing But My Aching Soul?

Comment

it's M.I.A.

Comment

Originally posted by greek_boy
          it's M.I.A.
          I know that!

It won't allow me to put all capital letters in the topic title!? :x

Comment

M.I.A. was a big hit amongst my friends with her song "Paper Planes".

I really like this girl!
            You're like a bad penny =)

Comment

Originally posted by jonasmileynlt
              M.I.A. was a big hit amongst my friends with her song "Paper Planes".

I really like this girl!
              Glad you like her, she really is more than Paper Planes as I'm sure you're aware!

I can post some tracks from her if you'd like!? Do you have favourites?

I love how even though she maintains her amazing style on each record, they do all have a different sensibility to them! She one of the few artists that I love that don't technically 'sing'

Comment

I'll be honest I never really gave myself a chance to like her until I heard she was working with Christina Aguilera, so I then went on to listen to her back catalogue and I must agree she is an amazing, creative and talented artist.
                Plus to top it off she is outspoken and headstrong which I love in people
                Beyhive #5491

Comment

I love her attitude and her music. She's a genius.

Comment

Shame we can't have M.I.A. as it's meant to be!

I discovered her back on '05 on the back of seeing "Galang" on The Box and have been a fan ever since. I just find her so unique and I was a little bit disappointed actually when "Paper Planes" became a hit and she was uncovered to the masses - I liked having her as an artist none of my friends knew.
                    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

I only love "XXXO" and Paper Planes, I love her style and personality, but her music - mmm NEXT!

Comment

My top 10:

1. XXXO
                        2. It Takes A Muscle
                        3. Fire Fire
                        4. Teqkilla
                        5. Paper Planes
                        6. Illygirl
                        7. Jimmy
                        8. Pull Up The People
                        9. Believer
                        10. Tell Me Why
                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

amy studt - 3rd album (release 2011) 13 new tracks! >>

Hmmm interesting top 10 it looks like MAYA is your favourite album at the mo! I'm guessing her newest album is the first album you heard from her? I really love the bonus tracks on MAYA at the mo apart from Internet Connection (which is already a fave) especially Caps Lock and Believer! Looove them! Haha

Comment

Love this girl. I just wish there were more artists on her wavelength, constantly experimenting with their sounds and switching things up.

My favourites are Fire, Fire and Big Branch by a long shot. Love Big Branch's lyrics:

"You can **** a man, mack a man, tell him that ya gay, tell him real love ain't on BET. Sex is so cheap, I get it at KFC, and when it's meaningless, do the R&B"

Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                              Love this girl. I just wish there were more artists on her wavelength, constantly experimenting with their sounds and switching things up.
                              Thank God then for Björk & Goldfrapp and the female artists who begun doing that already in 1978: Kate Bush!!
                              Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                              and you are no exception

Comment

Yup...M.I.A+Bjork+Kate Bush=My Life...all are so unique,fresh and innovative in their own way...

Comment

M.I.A. at the 2010 Scream Awards

Comment

I love M.I.A., my top 10 is:

1. Bird Flu
                                    2. XR2
                                    3. Teqkilla (remix with Nicki Minaj)
                                    4. Hussell
                                    5. World Town
                                    6. 10 Dollar
                                    7. Born Free
                                    8. Internet Connection
                                    9. Jimmy
                                    10. It Takes A Muscle

I love Kala & Maya, Arular is my least favourite from her although some tracks on there are amazing

Comment

Bingo is soooo good! I am so feeling it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
                                        Bingo!! I loooove it, it's in my top 5 most played from her!! <3 <3 <3 x 1 million

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                                          Bingo!! I loooove it, it's in my top 5 most played from her!! <3 <3 <3 x 1 million
                                          I know!!! Its super funky.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                                            I know!!! Its super funky.
                                            BinGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yepp!
                                            I agreee with you 2 - one of her best tracks!
                                            Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                              I was a little bit disappointed actually when "Paper Planes" became a hit and she was uncovered to the masses
                                              its always like that. when you like a great artist who is rather underground and then all of a sudden becomes popular and closer to mainstream its just... :-? its always been happening to alot of my fav artists and then I always have so mixed feelings, bcos I should be happy for their succes but then again many ppl will know them from outside the music scene they belong to and they are in danger of selling out & becoming commercial sadly it does happen to alot of great artists when they become wellknown to a wider audience.

of course it didnt happen to MIA, Im happy her music didnt change & she didnt become commercial. she has awesome attitude & loads of talent. she truly is something original & I love her for that. I dont wanna make a top10 bcos I like all of her songs all for different reasons. but if I had to choose one fav, Id go with Born Free all the way. genius song, its so freaking real & I love the beats & also its my fav music video of hers. I know its not a hit song, but thats the part I like the most about her when she goes political & the way she expresses herself that way.
                                              grant me wings that I might fly
                                              my restless soul is longing

Comment

Originally posted by marcsi
                                                Originally posted by Thriller
                                                I was a little bit disappointed actually when "Paper Planes" became a hit and she was uncovered to the masses
                                                its always like that. when you like a great artist who is rather underground and then all of a sudden becomes popular and closer to mainstream its just... :-? its always been happening to alot of my fav artists and then I always have so mixed feelings, bcos I should be happy for their succes but then again many ppl will know them from outside the music scene they belong to and they are in danger of selling out & becoming commercial sadly it does happen to alot of great artists when they become wellknown to a wider audience.

of course it didnt happen to MIA, Im happy her music didnt change & she didnt become commercial. she has awesome attitude & loads of talent. she truly is something original & I love her for that. I dont wanna make a top10 bcos I like all of her songs all for different reasons. but if I had to choose one fav, Id go with Born Free all the way. genius song, its so freaking real & I love the beats & also its my fav music video of hers. I know its not a hit song, but thats the part I like the most about her when she goes political & the way she expresses herself that way.
                                                Hiya, great to hear from another fan! Born Free is amazing I agree, it's so agressive and abrasive! I agree people have said her last album was somewhat of a sellout but I don't agree.

Comment

/\/\ /\ Y /\ is her least commercial sounding album. Trust me. Even Arular had more mass appeal than /\/\ /\ Y /\

Comment

I really like Arular and Kala, but I was done soon with Maya. It doesn't sound as fresh as Kala and Arular. For me, it gets lost in those industrial sounds and i DO think it's very mass appealing. Weird, I know, but I can see that people will listen to this quicker than to Arular or Kala, because of songs like XXXO, It Takes A Muscle and Tell Me Why.

Comment

um giving download links is banned right?

then Im just asking have u checked her Vicki Leekx mixtape? pretty raw. as much as I supoort the wikileaks project (maximally), I freaking love this girl's stuff. stays true to her style & quality <3
                                                      grant me wings that I might fly
                                                      my restless soul is longing

Comment

I just realized, isnt this song by Ciara very inspired by M.I.A.?

Wants For Dinner
                                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnvylV7-Dw
                                                        Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

"Maybe it's just us or maybe it's just me
                                                          We can have discussions while we are playing wii

Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Hmmm...The Ciara track. Well I can see some influence, but only if I strain too hard. Kind of 'It Takes A Muscle'-ish. But the vocal style..naah! M.I.A won't double her voice for backup vocals.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X