• Show
Clear All

• Noahh
    replied
    Alicia Fans!! Vote for The Forgotten Single of "As I Am" HERE

Leave a comment:

• truthless
    replied
    The performance at the Super Bowl was a borefest to be honest. I stayed up more to watch the Super Bowl, and then Alicia came up. I thought, okay it's going to be really really good. But yeah.. I thought, when she's gonna stop/ or when will this one end?

And the piano was so unnecessary...

Leave a comment:

• kash27
    replied
    Originally posted by RunDevilRun
    I was reading New York Post and I came into this
    B-listers such as Jessica Biel, Alicia Keys and Emma Stone command more than $60,000, while C-listers like Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez get about $30,000.
    It was about celebrities getting paid to watch the runway shows on Fashion Week.
    WTH??? Alicia is a major artist.
    I wouldn't pay to much attention to that

Leave a comment:

• RunDevilRun
    replied
    I was reading New York Post and I came into this
    B-listers such as Jessica Biel, Alicia Keys and Emma Stone command more than $60,000, while C-listers like Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez get about $30,000.
    It was about celebrities getting paid to watch the runway shows on Fashion Week.
    WTH??? Alicia is a major artist.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    She did a great job. I was a bit nervous about it but everything was great. The crowd was incredible.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by kash27
    i thought she did it beautifully, if you were expecting extremely high notes and endless runs then I'm sorry but you ain't getting that.
    Yeah Alicia never been known for that so Idk why some people were expecting it.

I thought she did good. I wasn't blown away or anything (or was I expected to be). I'm just that she didn't screetch during it.

Leave a comment:

• Isurrender
    replied
    I thought she sounded extremely hoarse.

Leave a comment:

• kash27
    replied
    i thought she did it beautifully, if you were expecting extremely high notes and endless runs then I'm sorry but you ain't getting that.

Leave a comment:

• lenor
    replied
    i thought she did great! she made it her own!

there was no unnecessary yelling or riffs and runs etc which is what i was worried about! it was nice.

Leave a comment:

• K5000
    replied
    Disappointing rendition by Alicia. I thought she started on too high a key. Supremely talented musician but I was expecting more uumph! :-?

Leave a comment:

• Isurrender
    replied
    Has she lost her voice?

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Not long before she sings the US National Anthem. I hope she does it justice.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I'm pretty sure Alicia will go to the Philippines again for a concert, she has done it for The Diary of Alicia Keys and As I Am, and since she got pregnant in 2010, she didn't really tour for The Element of Freedom. I'm sure she go here again to bring her Girl on Fire music to us in Asia!

Leave a comment:

• K5000
    replied
    Alicia Keys really knows how to promote herself and her music. She always has.

Her promotion this era has been crazy, for example the UK, she came once in Oct to promote the single, once in Nov to promote the album and is in the UK next week to promote again. Then she'll be on tour there later this year.

Few American artists promote so relentlessly abroad.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I am so happy with how she is promoting the era! I see her everywhere unexpectedly! I wish this album scans at least 1 million copies in the USA throughout its chart activity!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by hugom2c
    She'll be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl
    Wish they did a duet with Beyoncé

Leave a comment:

• Hugo
    replied
    She'll be singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl

Leave a comment:

• danbarj
    replied
    She has been looking beautiful at recent press events.

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Originally posted by tada
    Originally posted by JustForMe
    I finally bought my copy of Girl On Fire and enjoyed it immensely.
    great for you!
    <3
    She's a class act, a very inspirational lady.

Leave a comment:

• tada
    replied
    Originally posted by JustForMe
    great for you!

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kash27
    replied
    I don't think they will win at all.

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    Alicia Keys Sued Over 'Girl on Fire': Is It Based on a Blogger's Ear?

After reading that the Grammy-winning singer had supposedly re-purposed his song "Hey There Lonely Girl," Earl Shuman files a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire" is currently featured prominently in an American Express commercial and this week sits at No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 . It's also the subject of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed last week in California federal court.

The plaintiff is Earl Shuman, an accomplished songwriter who in 1962 co-authored the composition, "Lonely Boy," a song which itself reached No. 2 on Billboard's chart after being recorded by Eddie Holman as "Hey There Lonely Girl."

Shuman believes there's something about Keys' song that sounds too familiar. Unfortunately, his lawsuit is rather bereft of important details, substituting an entertainment blogger's ear in lieu of any demonstration of substantial similarity between "Girl on Fire" and "Lonely Boy/Girl."
    That's not to say there won't be people out there who won't compare the two songs (here and here ) and spot a likeness, particularly in the way that Keys intones three notes while singing the words, "lonely girl."
    One of the people who noted a supposed similarity was Roger Friedman at Showbiz411, who wrote in late November of what he believed to be an uncredited sample. "In the middle of the song, Alicia sings a couplet or so from Eddie Holman’s 1970 classic 'Hey There Lonely Girl,'" he wrote . "The song was written by Leon Carr and Earl Shuman, who are both gone to rock 'n' roll heaven."

After Friedman's post went up, Shuman apparently contacted the writer to note that he was still alive. Friedman responded by acknowledging this, questioning why Keys hadn't cleared rights, and to say that Shuman had a "good lawyer" on the case.
    A lawsuit was indeed filed, and -- surprise -- the complaint quotes a substantial portion of Friedman's original post, including a sentence that appears to have now been removed: "Keys only uses two seconds of the original, but it helps makes her record," he wrote.
    If true, one would think that Shuman's assumed good lawyer would have no problem spelling out the alleged infringement.

nstead, in Shuman's lawsuit against Keys, Sony Music Entertainment and others, the plaintiff points to Friedman's blog, saying, "While the Showbiz411.com statements that Shuman has 'gone to rock and roll heaven' and concerning 'two seconds' of use are not accurate, Plaintiff alleges that the above observations by Showbiz411, in their essence, apt."
    Shuman's lawyer attaches a copy of his client's songsheet, but hardly goes into any discussion of Keys' song except to spend a few graphs on its international success and the allegation that it includes a drum sample from another song.

Leave a comment:

• tada
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    I miss her long hair. She was flawless with it.
    yeah, me too but this is a change! she looks very sexy

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I miss her long hair. She was flawless with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X