No announcement yet.

Alicia Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BET 'Black Girls Rock!' (airing November 4th)

Comment

• her outfit was kinda weird

Comment

• Alicia and Janelle, beautiful!

Comment

• I'm not feeling the hair :-?
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS-JqZM8 ... re=related

Love her version of O Holy Night. Full of soul.

Comment

• Bought today my ticket for her London show

Comment

• Originally posted by flowers
                Bought today my ticket for her London show
                cool! i got mine for Manchester!

Comment

• Originally posted by lenor
                  Originally posted by flowers
                  I got mine too! 10th row!

Comment

• Originally posted by kash27
                    Originally posted by lenor
                    which city?? what block did u get??!

Comment

Originally posted by kash27
                      London, Block A1!

Comment

• Originally posted by kash27
                        London, Block A1!
                        omg lucky get!! i really wanted one of the front blocks, but the best avaialble was Block E Row B, right in the centre!

still great seats but ive never been right at the front before, but they must have all sold already thru pre-sale!

Comment

• [quote=lenor]
                          Originally posted by "flowers":1x01mjft
                          London, Block A1!
                          omg lucky get!! i really wanted one of the front blocks, but the best avaialble was Block E Row B, right in the centre!

still great seats but ive never been right at the front before, but they must have all sold already thru pre-sale![/quote:1x01mjft]
                          I literally bought them at 9.01 during the pre-sale, I can't believe i got them though lol. I was once 3rd row and had a meet and greet that same night. Now that was the best concert experience!

Comment

• sounds great! i figured all the die hard AK fans probably bought them 1st thing!

still, pretty happy with my seats tho! when i saw her itunes festival performance, i just knew i had to see her in concert!

Comment

sounds great! i figured all the die hard AK fans probably bought them 1st thing!

still, pretty happy with my seats tho! when i saw her itunes festival performance, i just knew i had to see her in concert!
                              My friend went to that and another friend went to the 1xtra and they both said they have to go to the next tour!

Comment

• Here's her performance on The X-Factor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7klyuYj9e0I

Comment

• As for now,

Songs In A Minor > Diary > As I Am = Element >>> Girl on Fire

Comment

• http://cookiesofpop.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... -keys.html

P!nk sings Alicia's Girl on Fire LIVE on BBC Radio
                                    Madonna, The QUEEN of POP...The Best Selling Female Artist of ALL TIME

Comment

• She looks fiiine

Alicia Keys shines at her charity's ball

Comment

• I have some friends that went to the Black Ball last night and said it was amazing, there's a video going round of Alicia and Bonnie Raitt singing 'I can't make you love me'.

Comment

• I've always respected Alicia and liked a few singles but never really sought her out. Even in the days when I loved Rihanna and Beyonce and other female r&b/pop, I avoided her because my tastes were more pop based (though for some reason I was always a Mary fan) but now my tastes have changed and are more rock, alternative and singer-songwriter.

However, I decided to give Girl On Fire a listen and I seriously enjoy it and see the hype and talent she's had for so long. One that would've made my fave albums of 2012 list had I heard it sooner. The funny thing is that the single IMO is probably the weakest track here, even though I can understand why "Girl On Fire" was sent to radio

Now that I've heard and enjoyed the latest album, where do I go next in her discography?
                                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                                            I've always respected Alicia and liked a few singles but never really sought her out. Even in the days when I loved Rihanna and Beyonce and other female r&b/pop, I avoided her because my tastes were more pop based (though for some reason I was always a Mary fan) but now my tastes have changed and are more rock, alternative and singer-songwriter.

However, I decided to give Girl On Fire a listen and I seriously enjoy it and see the hype and talent she's had for so long. One that would've made my fave albums of 2012 list had I heard it sooner. The funny thing is that the single IMO is probably the weakest track here, even though I can understand why "Girl On Fire" was sent to radio

Now that I've heard and enjoyed the latest album, where do I go next in her discography?
                                            Jooohn! I can't believe you loved this album, because for me is by far her weakest.

Seriously, go straight to her debut. That's her brilliance. Her piano was so inside her music, and the flow of the tracks is impressive. It's like you're spending a night with her in NY, just out of this world.

I want to read your thoughts about Troubles, the Life, Never Felt This Way...

After that, The Diary is an amazing album and she was still really sticking to the R&B. As I Am is wonderful because her voice is quite different and she presents interesting influences. Lesson Learned, I Need You, The Thing About Love are gems.

The Element of Freedom is quite good too, and she surprised me a lot with Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart. Her discography is very consistent (even the Unplugged has its beauty), for me it's a shame she took this Girl on Fire route.

Comment

• duly noted, I'll track out Songs In A Minor next.

I'm not a fan of Limitedless at all, it sounds like one of those really bad filler tracks from Rihanna's A Girl Like Me era and I also don't really like New Day either but the rest of it is strong. I especially love the Mary-ish "wise woman" songs like Brand New Me and Not Even A King and the smooth r&b tracks like Listen To Your Heart and Fire We Make.
                                              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• I miss her long hair. She was flawless with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                                  I miss her long hair. She was flawless with it.
                                                  yeah, me too but this is a change! she looks very sexy

Comment

• Alicia Keys Sued Over 'Girl on Fire': Is It Based on a Blogger's Ear?

After reading that the Grammy-winning singer had supposedly re-purposed his song "Hey There Lonely Girl," Earl Shuman files a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire" is currently featured prominently in an American Express commercial and this week sits at No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 . It's also the subject of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed last week in California federal court.

The plaintiff is Earl Shuman, an accomplished songwriter who in 1962 co-authored the composition, "Lonely Boy," a song which itself reached No. 2 on Billboard's chart after being recorded by Eddie Holman as "Hey There Lonely Girl."

Shuman believes there's something about Keys' song that sounds too familiar. Unfortunately, his lawsuit is rather bereft of important details, substituting an entertainment blogger's ear in lieu of any demonstration of substantial similarity between "Girl on Fire" and "Lonely Boy/Girl."
                                                    That's not to say there won't be people out there who won't compare the two songs (here and here ) and spot a likeness, particularly in the way that Keys intones three notes while singing the words, "lonely girl."
                                                    One of the people who noted a supposed similarity was Roger Friedman at Showbiz411, who wrote in late November of what he believed to be an uncredited sample. "In the middle of the song, Alicia sings a couplet or so from Eddie Holman’s 1970 classic 'Hey There Lonely Girl,'" he wrote . "The song was written by Leon Carr and Earl Shuman, who are both gone to rock 'n' roll heaven."

After Friedman's post went up, Shuman apparently contacted the writer to note that he was still alive. Friedman responded by acknowledging this, questioning why Keys hadn't cleared rights, and to say that Shuman had a "good lawyer" on the case.
                                                    A lawsuit was indeed filed, and -- surprise -- the complaint quotes a substantial portion of Friedman's original post, including a sentence that appears to have now been removed: "Keys only uses two seconds of the original, but it helps makes her record," he wrote.
                                                    If true, one would think that Shuman's assumed good lawyer would have no problem spelling out the alleged infringement.

nstead, in Shuman's lawsuit against Keys, Sony Music Entertainment and others, the plaintiff points to Friedman's blog, saying, "While the Showbiz411.com statements that Shuman has 'gone to rock and roll heaven' and concerning 'two seconds' of use are not accurate, Plaintiff alleges that the above observations by Showbiz411, in their essence, apt."
                                                    Shuman's lawyer attaches a copy of his client's songsheet, but hardly goes into any discussion of Keys' song except to spend a few graphs on its international success and the allegation that it includes a drum sample from another song.
                                                    My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

Working...
                                                    X