• GetBack
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied
    Originally posted by kash27
    Alicia Tweeted

"Beyond excited for tomorrow... I have a surprise for you!!! It's gonna be a #AKNewDay ;-)"
    I can't wait for this!!! :x

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I hope the title isn't A New Day, it reminds me of Celine's 2002 album and Monica's latest album!
    Who?

#AKNewDay

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I hope the title isn't A New Day, it reminds me of Celine's 2002 album and Monica's latest album!

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    ready

Leave a comment:

• kash27
    replied
    Alicia Tweeted

"Beyond excited for tomorrow... I have a surprise for you!!! It's gonna be a #AKNewDay ;-)"

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I am so excited. I know her music is about to be fire................... I can't take it. IMO in terms of albums, she has delivered better than anyone with their first 4 albums.. imo

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Love how enthusiastic and excited she is!

I wonder is "A New Day" the album title?

Leave a comment:

• Wardo
    replied

I feel just so...[sigh]... crazy excited!

So do I!!!

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    #AKnewday

She's coming!!! Amazing vid!

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Guys, please no need to start a stan war. Alicia and Beyoncé are two different singers, no need to compare them. Sales aren't everything. Look at Spice Girls album sales, can you say that they put out the best quality music on cd?
    Are you serious? They are a pop group, something fun, light, friendly to all audiences, that's what they are, that's why they sold a lot even with shallow lyrics or zero serious issues tackled in their music.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Guys, please no need to start a stan war. Alicia and Beyoncé are two different singers, no need to compare them. Sales aren't everything. Look at Spice Girls album sales, can you say that they put out the best quality music on cd?

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Originally posted by whan
    Originally posted by Rocksteady09
    Are people seriously comparing an album that came out in 2001(when album sales were still healthy)to an album that came out in 2003(album sales on the decline)?!? Considering Alicia Keys had a 3years head star as a solo artist, i would expect her to ahead in album sales. Amazingly, Beyonce has accumulated album sales with a short amount of time compare to some artists who've been out longer than her(solo wise)internationally, Beyonce album sales a lot more consistent than Alicia's.
    Anyhow i hope Alicia can give us some versatility with her next album and step up her vocal game. I don't want a rehash of her past albums.
    The Diary of AK is released later than Dangerously in Love. And as you expect, Alicia sold almost 9m copies more than Beyonce internationally.
    I was speaking about Alicia debut album that was being compared with DIL by a poster. Like i stated earlier ALicia had a 3yrs head started with the solo career, so i would expect her to be further in sales domestically, but the difference isn't much going by soundscan numbers.
    Actually sondscan didn't count BMG sales.
    (SIAM sold 7.3m copies in US)

And I also don't think we can comapre directly as the release date is differnt.

but still SIAM is 2nd best selling album in 2001's release ww (and #1 in US).
    And DIL is 9th best selling album in 2003's release... It's quite big differnce..
    I won't say she's bigger star.. just she sold more albums and that's fact..
    Precisely my initial point about not comparing both albums(sales-wise),since both albums came out at different times. Of course Alicia sold more albums considering she had a 3years head start as a solo artist. However, when comparing total albums sales domestically(soundscan)the difference isn't huge. I do agree she isn't the bigger star,Bey got her beat in other entertainment avenues(tour grosses, movies, etc)

Leave a comment:

• whan
    replied
    Are people seriously comparing an album that came out in 2001(when album sales were still healthy)to an album that came out in 2003(album sales on the decline)?!? Considering Alicia Keys had a 3years head star as a solo artist, i would expect her to ahead in album sales. Amazingly, Beyonce has accumulated album sales with a short amount of time compare to some artists who've been out longer than her(solo wise)internationally, Beyonce album sales a lot more consistent than Alicia's.
    Anyhow i hope Alicia can give us some versatility with her next album and step up her vocal game. I don't want a rehash of her past albums.
    The Diary of AK is released later than Dangerously in Love. And as you expect, Alicia sold almost 9m copies more than Beyonce internationally.
    I was speaking about Alicia debut album that was being compared with DIL by a poster. Like i stated earlier ALicia had a 3yrs head started with the solo career, so i would expect her to be further in sales domestically, but the difference isn't much going by soundscan numbers.
    Actually sondscan didn't count BMG sales.
    (SIAM sold 7.3m copies in US)

And I also don't think we can comapre directly as the release date is differnt.

but still SIAM is 2nd best selling album in 2001's release ww (and #1 in US).
    And DIL is 9th best selling album in 2003's release... It's quite big differnce..
    I won't say she's bigger star.. just she sold more albums and that's fact..

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    TDOAK has outsold DIL world wide. I am a Beyonce die hard fan but some of yall need to stop. If someone outsells another artist, it doesnt make the artist who sold less a bad artist. In terms of Europe, Alicia has sold over 10 million albums which is probably the same as Janet Jackson. In terms of sales, Alicia is just as much of a star as Beyonce...... DIL has sold around 8.5 million and TDOAK has sold around 9.2 million................... BTW who ever said Alicia needs to chansge it up???????? Jusdt don't listen to her music. She is an ARTIST..... She will create whatever she wants and us as fans have to either like it or hate it. Thats what artistry is all about.

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLamb
    According to wikipedia (I know the most reliable source)

Alicia Keys: Worldwide
    Songs in A Minor 12million
    The Diary of Alicia Keys 9million
    As I Am 6million
    The Element Of Freedom 4million

Beyonce: Worldwide
    Dangerously In Love 11million
    B’Day 7million
    I Am… Sasha Fierce 7million
    4 2.1million
    Wikiepida is not the most reliable source..
    TDOAK outsold DIL according to Mediatraffic.
    http://www.mediatraffic.de/2000-2009-album-chart.htm
    I won't say it's exact numbers.. but still it is way more reliable..

I also don't care if who's better seller..
    Both are already hugely successful..
    just fact is fact..
    Mediatraffic isn't reliable either, they go by points instead actual sales. Plus they don't account for all worldwide sales.

Leave a comment:

• Rocksteady09
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whan
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLamb
    According to wikipedia (I know the most reliable source)

As I Am 6million

B’Day 7million
    4 2.1million
    Wikiepida is not the most reliable source..
    TDOAK outsold DIL according to Mediatraffic.
    http://www.mediatraffic.de/2000-2009-album-chart.htm
    I won't say it's exact numbers.. but still it is way more reliable..

I also don't care if who's better seller..
    Both are already hugely successful..
    just fact is fact..

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    i don't care who sold more, B or AK.. I personally always prefered Alicia. Her songs move me more. Her Unplugged record is still unmatched by many and therefore outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller
    replied
    According to wikipedia (I know not the most reliable source)

As I Am 6million

B’Day 7million
    4 2.1million

Leave a comment:

• whan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X