Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocksteady09
    replied
    Are people seriously comparing an album that came out in 2001(when album sales were still healthy)to an album that came out in 2003(album sales on the decline)?!? Considering Alicia Keys had a 3years head star as a solo artist, i would expect her to ahead in album sales. Amazingly, Beyonce has accumulated album sales with a short amount of time compare to some artists who've been out longer than her(solo wise)internationally, Beyonce album sales a lot more consistent than Alicia's.
    Anyhow i hope Alicia can give us some versatility with her next album and step up her vocal game. I don't want a rehash of her past albums.

Leave a comment:

• LJC123
    replied
    This has to be her best live vocal everrrrr! Absolute babe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yaw1j7X ... re=related

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Music is music no matter the sells. Alicia can sell a album better than Beyonce (atleast in US). The Diary of AK outsold Dangerously in Love around the world.... As I am had 1 top 10 hit and 3 top 10 R&B hits. it still sold 3.8 million in US and 6 million around the world. IASF has 4 top 10s and other multiple top 40s. Like 7 singles and sold 3 million in US with 7.5 million around the world.

Leave a comment:

• Hype
    replied
    Originally posted by Wmosi
    As I Am outsold I Am Sasha Fierce
    no, it didn't? As I Am is on 6mil, IASF is on 7mil

The Element Of Freedom was a return to form for her after As I Am, which wasn't that good.
    I hope she takes it back to music she did during SIAM & Diary, those albums are both incredible.

Leave a comment:

• tada
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Originally posted by Charmbracelet
    I hope she comes this Autumn with new music, her music suits the Autumn/Winter months so well (and I cannot wait any longer)
    This is so true!
    yes, the fall is pefect. I guess early November would be the best possible release date
    First single should follow UN-THINKABLE pattern, i mean very urban and typical song of her

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Charmbracelet
    I hope she comes this Autumn with new music, her music suits the Autumn/Winter months so well (and I cannot wait any longer)
    This is so true!

Leave a comment:

• Charmbracelet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Her version of Dreaming is lovely.

Can't wait for the new album.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesssxD
    I want another Nas collab
    That would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    You like Nas?

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    I just listened to it.

Dreaming is no masterpiece but it's a cute song. And it's a lot better than Beyonce's version.

Beyonce can sing her tail off but her vibrato can be extremely hideous...

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym
    I loved it, I even bought it off iTunes earlier.
    YAAAS, it's amazing, so underrated

Originally posted by Titan3510
    Dreaming? Isn't that a Beyonce song?
    Ch... do not even compare that horrible wretched mess to the masterpiece that is Alicia Keys - Dreaming. Look at the last page, I posted it

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    Dreaming? Isn't that a Beyonce song?

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    I loved it, I even bought it off iTunes earlier.

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym
    truthless, stop trolling. If you hate Alicia why are you even here? Stop trying to start stan wars.
    waiting for you to reply about Dreaming... (do not dare shade it)

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    truthless, stop trolling. If you hate Alicia why are you even here? Stop trying to start stan wars.

Leave a comment:

• whan
    replied
    A big big facepalm.
    Guess you aren't aware of the fact, that these albums were released in different years. I agree with the first two albums of both. But i don't see how As I Am outsold I Am Sasha Fierce. Is that just US based or WW? WW I Am Sasha Fierce was stronger. TEOF was released in 2009... 4 was released 2011. A big difference don't you think? As sales declined heavily.
    TEOF was released 1 and half years earlier. I think still TEOF did slightly better, but both did very similarly.

actually I was quite disappointed as TEOF could sell more. She only relased 3 singles.. and The album was back to #2 in UK when the last one relased..

Leave a comment:

• truthless
    replied
    Many big names flopped last year...

Thats why i'm worried about Alicia.

Originally posted by Wmosi
    Originally posted by truthless
    I see her flopping.

Unless she comes with a mainstream lead single.

Beyonce did good with 4 in the USA. But thats it. So i don't consider Alicia Keys being more successful than Beyonce. Could be a tie between these two, or just weaker sales for Ms. Keys.

Worldwide? I don't know. She was really strong in the UK last era. She could do well there with some little promo.
    Lmao.

Alicia's always been bigger than Beyonce, at least album sales-wise.
    SIAM outsold Dangerously in Love.
    Diary outsold B'Day.
    As I Am outsold I Am Sasha Fierce..
    TEOF outsold 4.
    A big big facepalm.

Guess you aren't aware of the fact, that these albums were released in different years. I agree with the first two albums of both. But i don't see how As I Am outsold I Am Sasha Fierce. Is that just US based or WW? WW I Am Sasha Fierce was stronger. TEOF was released in 2009... 4 was released 2011. A big difference don't you think? As sales declined heavily.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    How amazing is Another Way To Die w/ Jack White, she needs to incorporate more guitars into her music
    absolutely. a great songs.. with great production.

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    How amazing is Another Way To Die w/ Jack White, she needs to incorporate more guitars into her music

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by truthless
    I see her flopping.

Unless she comes with a mainstream lead single.

Beyonce did good with 4 in the USA. But thats it. So i don't consider Alicia Keys being more successful than Beyonce. Could be a tie between these two, or just weaker sales for Ms. Keys.

Worldwide? I don't know. She was really strong in the UK last era. She could do well there with some little promo.
    Lmao.

Alicia's always been bigger than Beyonce, at least album sales-wise.
    SIAM outsold Dangerously in Love.
    Diary outsold B'Day.
    As I Am outsold I Am Sasha Fierce..
    TEOF outsold 4.

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    Originally posted by RightToDream
    If she did work with Bon Iver, I hope he just helped with the production, because her voice with his atmosphere would be incredible..
    Yeah, it'd be the only collaboration I'd be interested in hearing. Her sound hasn't changed much since Songs In A Minor, and her last 3 albums have all been very similar, so I'm hoping for something fresh with this album.
    I mean I get what you're saying but I wouldn't say that her sound hasn't changed much...

She's been moving away from hip hop soul with each album. That's part of the reason why Element of Freedom was so popular in the UK: it was lighter and it sounded more like an easy-listening adult contemporary album...

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    If she did work with Bon Iver, I hope he just helped with the production, because her voice with his atmosphere would be incredible..
    Yeah, it'd be the only collaboration I'd be interested in hearing. Her sound hasn't changed much since Songs In A Minor, and her last 3 albums have all been very similar, so I'm hoping for something fresh with this album.

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X