Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alicia Keys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31


    Alicia at the Golden Globes
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

    Comment


    • #32
      Happy Birthday Alicia!!


      I cant imagine a day without your music, your incredible talent and your ability to inspire.
      You are more than just my fav. You my hero girl. I love you sooo much!
      Happy 30th Birthday!
      Here for Alicia Keys only.

      Comment


      • #33
        Happy Birthday Alicia. One of the most talented artist ever.
        Fifa 11 ftw

        Comment


        • #34
          Happy B'day Alicia!!!
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

          Comment


          • #35
            Check out this site me and the rest of the other AK fans put stuff together!
            http://happybirthdayalicia.tumblr.com/

            Comment


            • #36
              Beyonce, Jay Z and Gayle King at Alicia's 30th Bday party!





              Here for Alicia Keys only.

              Comment


              • #37
                She looks gorgeous!

                Comment


                • #38
                  For some reason, I classify Alicia, Beyonce and Mariah as a trifecta.
                  Whitney, Celine and Mariah are another trifecta for me.

                  I really like Alicia Keys. She reminds me a lot of someone I once knew who, like Alicia, was bi-racial.
                  can you commit to be my everything?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    She looked so pretty at the Golden Globes!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      New album this year:

                      http://www.rap-up.com/2011/02/17/exc...ing-this-year/

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RapUpPlayer
                        WOO

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by RapUpPlayer

                          fantastic news. I can't wait for it.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Woooo!
                            I hope it'll be a similar style to "Speechless"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Woooo! Didn't expect an album this year.

                              Something in the style of 'Speechless' would actually be great, I love the feel of that song. I would also love some really atmospheric songs, without them being a carbon copies of 'Un-thinkable', which may be my favourite song of hers.
                              late.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                She's the Queen of RnB.
                                Alicia is Top5 artst of Billboard decade.
                                and #1 artist of Billboard RnB decade.
                                she got 14 grammy awards.
                                such a great career, I'm proud of her

                                Comment


                                • #46
                                  At new album!

                                  Hopefully its FIERCE.

                                  Comment


                                  • #47
                                    I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I'm not. I hope it's something different. All her albums sound essentially the same. :-?
                                    DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

                                    Comment


                                    • #48
                                      Originally posted by ForeverYoung
                                      I'm looking forward to it and at the same time I'm not. I hope it's something different. All her albums sound essentially the same. :-?
                                      I'm sorry but The Diary of Alicia Keys and The Element of freedom sound nothing alike actually, the two that sound similar are the diary and songs in A Minor.

                                      Comment


                                      • #49
                                        I want more uptempo R&B from her

                                        Comment


                                        • #50
                                          Somehow, i have a feeling, this album will be more pop. No, not dance but just more pop/rock ballads/mids.

                                          Comment


                                          • #51
                                            I want more Karma!

                                            Comment


                                            • #52
                                              Originally posted by RapUpPlayer
                                              Somehow, i have a feeling, this album will be more pop. No, not dance but just more pop/rock ballads/mids.
                                              I so hope NOT!!
                                              Its gonna be throwback. Krucial already tweeted they are going oldschool. Hopefully more Soul oldschool than Pop.

                                              Either way, this album will definetly determine if she will still be a major album seller for R&B Music.

                                              She better not mess it up!
                                              Here for Alicia Keys only.

                                              Comment


                                              • #53
                                                I don't think the album will be depressing or about breakups or failed love. I think she's in such a positive place right now that it will reflect in her music.
                                                Which I'm sad to say I'm gutted about because we all know Alicia writes heartbreak so amazingly well!

                                                Comment


                                                • #54
                                                  "Element Of Freedom" was steering more towards the Pop direction, and I'd prefer her to revert back to her earlier sounds with this next record. I don't want "The Diary..." Part II but I do prefer her more soulful/R&B outputs and I think her voice is absolutely perfect for it. I also hope we get more tracks with just her and her piano, and perhaps some more complicated piano melodies. She can play the guitar too and I'd like to hear something in the same vein as "Butterflyz" as well.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #55
                                                    I absolutely hate when people say TEOF wasn't successful. It was one of the Top 10 selling albums in 2010 w/o a hit single, until Unthinkable. I think people just say it wasn't successful because she didn't have a top 20 this era. It was greatly successful and produced her biggest R&B hit to date. It was definitely her biggest era in the UK as well. I rarely question Alicia; she has been consistent and staying away from heavy trends since she came out. The new album IMO will be great, esp since it seems she's taking her time with it, unlike the very rushed TEOF. IMO As I Am sounds NOTHING like any of her other music, and I'd prefer that originality in her new album. love her, she's one of the few great artists we have today.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #56
                                                      Originally posted by Wonderwoman_se
                                                      I absolutely hate when people say TEOF wasn't successful. It was one of the Top 10 selling albums in 2010 w/o a hit single, until Unthinkable. I think people just say it wasn't successful because she didn't have a top 20 this era. It was greatly successful and produced her biggest R&B hit to date. It was definitely her biggest era in the UK as well. I rarely question Alicia; she has been consistent and staying away from heavy trends since she came out. The new album IMO will be great, esp since it seems she's taking her time with it, unlike the very rushed TEOF. IMO As I Am sounds NOTHING like any of her other music, and I'd prefer that originality in her new album. love her, she's one of the few great artists we have today.
                                                      TEOF sold 940k in the UK (3x Plat), 1.5 Million in the US and 4 Million WW. She sold high in all major music markets around the world without a substantial hit, not many artists can do that. I agree with you sarah, i hate when people act like it flopped?!

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #57
                                                        Whoever said 'Freedom' was a flop (I've never actually heard this myself), needs to put down the crackpipe. In the UK, its chart run was so unexpectedly phenomenal. This album pushed Alicia into the UK Top 5 (#1 no less) for the first time ever. It rolled out hit after hit!

                                                        The Element of Freedom turned Alicia from amazing singer/songwriter to R&B legend.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #58
                                                          TEOF is one of my favoutite albums of the past 1 and 1/2 years. I played it to death.

                                                          wait till you see my smile is one of my alltime favourite songs.
                                                          My Chart

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #59
                                                            Originally posted by Plym
                                                            The Element of Freedom turned Alicia from amazing singer/songwriter to R&B legend.
                                                            Yeah! She doesn't necessarily need to prove anything any more and yet she'll still put as much effort into her record as if it was her debut album being released. Both Eve and Jennifer Hudson worked with her recently and both have said that it was an honour to work with her, and that she's someone that they both look up to and are inspired by.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #60
                                                              Originally posted by stevyy
                                                              TEOF is one of my favoutite albums of the past 1 and 1/2 years. I played it to death.

                                                              wait till you see my smile is one of my alltime favourite songs.
                                                              Same. Its the only Alicia album I really adore.

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X