Alicia Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TIfan
    Seems like every since ESOM came out, all she cares about is the chorus for each song.
    yeah I feel the same

I miss "The Diary.." times :-?

Comment

• I was a teen when I first heard If I ain't got you, but she wasn't big then, at least that was my impression. She slayed me with karma and nowadays I'm in love with You don't know my name!

I always appreciated her as a musician, because she educated herself for that and her writing skills are amazing! That is why I got her last album and I can't say I liked it a lot. The whole girl on fire didn't sweep me off my feet, to this day I have trouble with the lyrics of the song. I liked Tears always win, Brand new me and That's when I knew. Luckily, since my bf appreciates her, I got her discography and now I'm enjoying the rest of her music

To me, her male equivalent is John Legend.
      DANITY KANE

Comment

• I'm ready for a new album. Although I feel GOF is a good album, to me its not a Alicia album. No R&B artist comes close to her when it comes to making great albums.
        Diva!!!

Comment

• She was actually very popular when she came out, for a new act to win 5 Grammys and have her debut album reach 8x Platinum, that is huge!

Comment

• Is Indonesia really the only country where "If I Ain't Got You" is really ICONIC?

I mean, I barely see anyone else mentions that song whenever there is a topic about iconic songs or songs that will be remembered 10 years from now.

Comment

• If I ain't Got You is iconic here in US as well. It still gets played on older stations and lets not even talk about American Idol. Its so incredible how Alicia self wrote and self produced that song.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• I'd say If I Ain't Got You is her second most known song behind Fallin. It still is pretty loved in the US. Especially R&B stations.

Comment

• It's one of the go too songs for people to sing on talent shows too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                    I'd say If I Ain't Got You is her second most known song behind Fallin. It still is pretty loved in the US. Especially R&B stations.
                    You forgot about No One, sis.
                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by abi
                      Is Indonesia really the only country where "If I Ain't Got You" is really ICONIC?

I mean, I barely see anyone else mentions that song whenever there is a topic about iconic songs or songs that will be remembered 10 years from now.
                      I guess it was massive hits in Asia. "If I ain't got you" is one of the most well known songs for western acts in Korea. It's her biggest hits by far here.

Comment

• "If I Ain't Got You" is her most popular song worldwide, it really stood the test of time.

Comment

• My favourite Alicia Keys songs that weren't singles:

The Thing About Love
                          I Need You
                          Where Do We Go From Here
                          Through It All
                          Rock WIth You
                          If I Were Your Woman / Walk On By
                          That's When I Knew

"The Thing About Love" might be her best song.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                            "If I Ain't Got You" is her most popular song worldwide, it really stood the test of time.
                            That's quality right there and I can see it being appreciated for a long time!!
                            DANITY KANE

Comment

• Yes baby!! Did you guys know Alicia self wrote and produced "If I Aint"????? She is one of the few female artist who can self write and produce her own songs. So far, not many women have accomplished what she has creating her own music.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

• She's really a musical genius, not everyone can write an R&B classic alone!

Comment

• ^^^ Let alone produce!!!!
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• She's da shet. I just hope Girl on Fiyer was just a slight blimish in her discography for now on (not and bad album...but not on the level of her other albums).

Comment

• Fallin' and You don't know my name are effing masterpieces.
                                      I so love Try sleeping with a broken heart too <3
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• You Don't Know My Name, Unbreakable and IIAGY are absolutely masterpieces. Crafted in a way music often isn't nowadays.
                                        I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• In my opinion, "If I Ain't Got You" and "Fallen" are the most iconic R&B songs of the last 25 years.

I hope her new album is better than GOF. GOF was a good album but again, nothing like her first 4.

For me, when it comes to albums released this century so far, " No One" comes close to Alicia and Norah Jones.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• "Unthinkable" is a brilliant R&B masterpiece too! I want new music soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                              "Unthinkable" is a brilliant R&B masterpiece too! I want new music soon!
                                              One of my top favs by her. Amazing. Butchia could never.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                                Fallin' and You don't know my name are effing masterpieces.
                                                I so love Try sleeping with a broken heart too <3
                                                My top 3 are Fallin', You don't know my name and If I ain't got you <3
                                                I like Try sleeping, too, like a lot of her other songs, but the last two I mentioned in the first sentence are battling always for no. 1
                                                Right now I am in a You don't know my name phase.
                                                DANITY KANE

Comment

• Karma! ?
                                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Any news on the new album?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X