Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hype
    replied
    I'm currently giving HERE another chance. I haven't really listened to any of the songs all the way through yet. I'm hungry for new Alicia now.

Leave a comment:

• tyguy723
    replied
    Re: Alicia Keys

They could meet halfway and do some odd Neo-soul/R&B Country/Folk album lol

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

It would be either fire or disaster

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied

Alicia and Miley? Hmmm, that's interesting.
    I can't imagine what sound they are going for, but I know I want Miley to stay away from urban. Pop/country suits her way better.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    [tweet:1k5x2fmp]https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/988942472658276352[/tweet:1k5x2fmp]

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Didn't she sign a new recording contract?

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I'd love some new music from her soon. But if it's like Here she can keep it.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjamin
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Just read that new music is coming soon.
    She can keep it if it's anything like Here
    Where did you read that?
    Thatgrapejuice

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjamin
    Where did you read that?

I think 'Here' was quite nice. 'In Common' is the best song she's released in years. I still don't understand why it wasn't a hit.
    In Common was a great song, it's the most "mainstream" song she released after GOF. Too bad they didn't bother with sending it to Pop radios. Could've been a decent hit in that format.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I just listened to HERE after a long time, she should do something about her voice. It's deteriorating and the high notes she does sound like she's straining her vocals, she has to get her voice checked. :-? :-?

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Where did you read that?

I think 'Here' was quite nice. 'In Common' is the best song she's released in years. I still don't understand why it wasn't a hit.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied

It’s good but I can see why it didn’t make the final cut.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    from the "AS I AM" sessions - "When You Were Gone"

[youtube:12427o3r]5x1FAiIq_pQ[/youtube:12427o3r]

Sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    ^I don't think so. The whole Swizz Beats/Mashonda thing did. And her music gotta little wack.
    I don't think general audiences cared about that, Alicia's personal life wasn't really talked about outside BET audience.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied

^I don't think so. The whole Swizz Beats/Mashonda thing did. And her music gotta little wack.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Her heavy involvement in politics and social issues really clouded the excitement towards her as an artist. I remember that mega cringe-worthy TIDAL speech she gave when the platform launched, then she quietly dropped her support as soon as it bombed big time. Also, I don't understand why every time she would make an appearance in some awards show, she does so many serious mini-talks, it made her look dull. The likes of Madonna and Janet do the same too once in a while but they didn't get boring and uninteresting. :-? :-?

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied
    Alicia Keys Eyes New Recording Contract (EXCLUSIVE)

Since breaking out in 2001 with her debut single “Fallin’,” Alicia Keys has spent her career at Sony Music labels J (now defunct) and RCA, releasing six studio albums as well as live collections and remix compilations. Now, with her recording contract up imminently, Keys and her management are actively shopping for a prospective new deal that could be outside of Sony Music, sources tell Variety.

Keys’ manager Johnny Wright, who also represents Justin Timberlake and Incubus, is leading the charge and fielding offers which include a bid from Warner Bros. Records. It’s no coincidence that Tom Corson, a veteran of RCA and J, was appointed co-chairman and COO at WBR, taking the position at the top of the year.

At RCA, chairman Peter Edge is Keys’ keyman, as it were, and is also keen on keeping her in the family. For much of Keys’ career, Edge and Corson were closely aligned. In 2011, then-Sony Music CEO Doug Morris named Edge and Corson chairman/CEO and president/COO, respectively, and the two functioned as a team, with the former focusing on A&R and the latter on operations.

How do you gauge Keys’ viability in light of a disappointing last studio effort, “Here,” released in November 2016? Some might view the singer and songwriter as a prestige artist, albeit one with over 18 million albums sold in the U.S. and three Billboard Hot 100 No.1s, but her performance at the Clive Davis pre-Grammy gala on Jan. 27 showed a talent that reaches far beyond torch singer. Indeed, in honoring Jay-Z, Keys demonstrated her hip-hop chops as she delivered a medley of “Can’t Knock the Hustle,” “Hard Knock Life,” “Izzo (H.O.V.A.),” “Run This Town,” and her duet with the rapper, “New York State of Mind.”

“The price went up” after her Clive Davis performance, notes a source of her prospects for a new record deal.

Two nights before the Davis gala, Keys and her husband, Swizz Beatz, were honored by the Recording Academy’s Producers and Engineers Wing at an event held at the Rainbow Room atop New York’s Rockefeller Center. “To all the creatives in the building, may we all continue to be inspired,” said Keys from the podium. “May we all continue to be brave, may we all continue to be unafraid of being our brightest best selves. … There is no limit to what we can do and how far we can go.”

Reps for Keys and RCA declined comment.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Happy Birthday

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    [tweet:23nn99no]https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/938198952498860032[/tweet:23nn99no]

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Alicia Keys Recalls the Early Days of Her Career in New Clive Davis Documentary: ‘I Remember Feeling So Inspired’

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by ludichris
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I listened to Here again and it's mega-boring, I guess my first listen was because of excitement!
    The album is a new classic to me. The lyrics and subject matters are magnificent and what we need more of. I heard more things with each listen.

I found Girl on Fire to be boring but not HERE.
    I'm going to listen again, I just love the lyrics from the first half of the songs, I just don't like the other songs (many from the second half) on first album.

"Blended" is one of the best ones she came out with, pardon my ignorance but I never heard of a song that spoke about this topic (of having families with stepchildren and step-parents, etc). It was great to hear her perspective on it.

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I listened to Here again and it's mega-boring, I guess my first listen was because of excitement!
    The album is a new classic to me. The lyrics and subject matters are magnificent and what we need more of. I heard more things with each listen.

I found Girl on Fire to be boring but not HERE.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X