Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForeverYoung
    replied
    Alicia has some great stuff and she's talented no doubt but I hardly see variation in her music. All her albums run together that's why I can't listen to her as often as I listen to other artists.

Looking back at my post I probably were too harsh on her Look, I will definitely check her next album out, obviously there will be some cool songs on there - she's working with Jeff Bhasker with whom she wrote TSWABH with again - I just doubt she's gonna stray away from her usual direction lyris and sound-wise.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Alicia needs to work on her songwriting and her vocals.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I do too. I like TEOF. I think she was able to go places she never did before. I did not like the single choices though. I would have had TSWABH, LIB, LIMD, and PIIALS. I want more soulful music this time. Going back to her "Diary" days. AIA was okay to me, not her best. It should have been Grammy nominated I know that.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    I think her first three albums were incredibly varied, musically & stylistically... it's The Element Of Freedom era, when things began to get samey, & the fact that the lead single sounded like No One 2.0 didn't help either.

I have high hopes for her next album, though.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    She sounded great during the concert. it was just that performance was by far her worst ever.

Leave a comment:

• ForeverYoung
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan
    Anyone seen her performance at the iheartmusic fest. She performed a new song.
    Yes.
    It's called "A Place Of My Own". Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIJSePtMCE

I knew her voice got progressively worse with each era but I didn't mind the hoarseness. It actually added emotion to her songs. HOWEVER watching this performance above I just can't. Her vocals for the first time grate on me to no end. Very hoarse and raspy. :-?

With regard to the song, I find it a total non-event and in terms of feel pretty much in line with most of the material in her albums. I've said it before that I find her discography incredibly samey and repetitive and if "A Place Of My Own" is any indication of her next album, I'm not really looking forward to new music from her.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Anyone seen her performance at the iheartmusic fest. She performed a new song.

Leave a comment:

• kash27
    replied
    I forgot to post alicia features on the chorus of Mateo's 'Say it so'

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    OMG Im in need of Alicia. I hope radio starts playing R&B again.

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Wmosi
    Originally posted by jamesssxD
    12.Butterflyz (shout-out to jamesssxD!!)
    Yesss my jam I'm glad Typewriter is in your top 12 because it's in mine too even though we have just basically heard it but it's AMAZING.
    Typewriter SHITS.No idea why it didn't make the original album's tracklist. 'Juiciest' (from the Anniversary Edition)>>>>

YESSS at Dragon Days making an appearance.One of the best tracks on Diary.The instrumental gives me so much life.

Love is Blind, This Bed, Pray For Forgiveness, Try Sleeping..., Unthinkable & Love Is My Disease are definitely the best tracks on TEOF.I didn't like the album when it was released...it had way too many ballads.I love it so much now though! :cool:
    Ikr? If it was on Songs In A Minor it probably would of snatched Butterflyz wig by now!

Dragon Days is amazing, I love the lyrics.

All the tracks you mentioned are my favourites off TEOF & Like The Sea aswell. I love Speechless too I'm hoping the next album is in the vein of that.

Idk why but her songs so make me feel like I'm in New York

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Yesss my jam I'm glad Typewriter is in your top 12 because it's in mine too even though we have just basically heard it but it's AMAZING.
    Typewriter SHITS.No idea why it didn't make the original album's tracklist. 'Juiciest' (from the Anniversary Edition)>>>>

YESSS at Dragon Days making an appearance.One of the best tracks on Diary.The instrumental gives me so much life.

Love is Blind, This Bed, Pray For Forgiveness, Try Sleeping..., Unthinkable & Love Is My Disease are definitely the best tracks on TEOF.I didn't like the album when it was released...it had way too many ballads.I love it so much now though! :cool:

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied
    I just started to discover her music!

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied

My Top 12 would be:
    1. Unthinkable
    2. Butterflyz
    3. Pray for Forgiveness
    4. Feeling You Feeling Me (I know it's an interlude but amazing)
    5. Troubles
    6. Typewriter
    7. Dreaming
    8. Prelude to a Kiss
    9. Dragon Days
    10. Streets of New York
    11. Love Is Blind
    12. Girlfriend

Leave a comment:

• Pompeii
    replied
    Okay, thanks! I'll definitely give those a listen.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by RudeBoi
    ^^You definitely should!! I think you'll love them. :cool:

Have you listened to her albums in full, apart from the singles??
    Not really. I've only listened to the Element of Freedom, which is one of my favourite albums of 2009. I always planned on listening to her other albums though, but I never really felt the urge to listen to them.

I love "Lesson Learned" and all tracks from TEOF in your list though.
    Cool!
    At least you're not groping in the dark or something.

I'd rank her albums like this...

1. Songs In A Minor
    Standouts: Girlfriend, How Come You Don't Call Me, Fallin, A Woman's Worth, The Life.

2. The Diary of Alicia Keys
    Standouts : Karma, You Don't Know My Name, If I Ain't Got You, Samsonite Man, Diary.

3. The Element of Freedom

4. As I Am
    Standouts: No One, Like You'll Never See Me Again, Superwoman, Teenage Love Affair.

They're all amazing records, though.Her earlier stuff is a lot more Hip-Hop/Soul than TEOF.

Leave a comment:

• Pompeii
    replied

Not really. I've only listened to the Element of Freedom, which is one of my favourite albums of 2009. I always planned on listening to her other albums though, but I never really felt the urge to listen to them.

I love "Lesson Learned" and all tracks from TEOF in your list though.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pompeii
    replied
    ^^ Never heard of a few of those songs, I might have to give them a listen.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    I've been listening to Queen Alicia non-stop the past week or so, and i think she's about to become my fave female artist at the moment. :cool:

My Top 12 Alicia Keys Tracks
    1. Girlfriend
    2. Diary (MTV Unplugged version)
    3. You Don't Know My Name
    4. The Life
    5. Troubles
    6. Lesson Learned (w/John Mayer)
    7. Typewriter
    8. Love Is My Disease
    9. Samsonite Man
    10.This Bed
    11. Like You'll Never See Me Again

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    I hope she'll be back soon... no matter if that's a Greatest Hits album or new studio album

I would love to see sound like songs How come you don't call me, some songs from The diary of Alicia Keys...

I still don't have favourite Alicia's album, I love them all in the same way!

but my fav her song is still If I ain't got you!

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied
    I want another 'Diary' (the album).
    Her best album, in my opinion, followed by Songs In A Minor.
    Dragon Days, Feeling You Feeling Me, Streets of New York, Karma >>>>>>>
    YESSSS!

Diary, If I Was Your Woman >>>> :cool:

Her debut was amazing too!
    Troubles and The Life are better than anything on The Element Of Freedom (my least favourite Alicia album).
    Mhm! Except Unthinkable. I stan hard for that song, but Troubles & Butterflyz are also up there

& that is a stunning pic, Alicia looks beautiful, Demi looks like she just pooped & a typical Jennifer face. Alicia >>>

Leave a comment:

• Charmbracelet
    replied
    She looks amazing on that magazine cover with Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore:

It goes from best-worst on this photo. Demi looks weird.

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    YESSSS!

Diary, If I Was Your Woman >>>> :cool:

Her debut was amazing too!
    Troubles and The Life are better than anything on The Element Of Freedom (my least favourite Alicia album).

Leave a comment:

• HBIC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X