• Nippian93
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Of course her happiness is more important than what we want. If that's the route she'll take on from now on, good for her. I might still check her future releases but she doesn't appeal to me anymore, i lowkey unfanned her.

Leave a comment:

• Lioha
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy
    I can't believe she went from being one of the biggest female artists of her generation to a flop artist who makes boring music. She didn't even tour this album, wonder if it's about lack of interest from public or she wanted to end the era asap? She needs to step up her game if she wants commercial success again.
    Music lovers are so selfish)
    So often we forget that music stars are human beings and personalities at first.
    And at some point, when they are OK with public pressure, label pressure, fear of not being popular, they start to record music what they want, they may not tour etc.
    I'm sure that the family is the most important thing for Alicia. That being happy is more important than being popular, that being true to herself is most important than being relevant.

Of course I would be glad if she was successful now. But her personal happiness is way more weighty than my greedy desire for chart positions and riaa certifications.

Also I like her recent album so I'm absolutely okay with her not being successful as she was before.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I can't believe she went from being one of the biggest female artists of her generation to a flop artist who makes boring music. She didn't even tour this album, wonder if it's about lack of interest from public or she wanted to end the era asap? She needs to step up her game if she wants commercial success again.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/07/alici ... ange-hair/

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied
    Hope new album is listenable

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Here isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's obviously not very mainstream-sounding. It's just that as a brand, she really got boring. There's not anything to look forward to in how she presents her music, and she comes across as so preachy with all these poems and advocating some causes, etc. Maybe it's because she got older now or she just showed her actual normal self.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Her personality be and a bit corny. I don't know if i can **** with her anymore.

She has to deliver.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    Sogns In A Minor - Why Do I Feel So Sad?
    The Diary Of Alicia Keys - If I Was Your Woman / Walk On By
    As I Am - Lesson Learned
    The Element Of Freedom - Love Is Blind
    Girl On Fire - Brand New Me
    HERE - Girl Can't Be Herself

"HERE" is her worst album for me.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Eamon
    ^ I love The Element of Freedom. Her best album IMO. I liked Girl on Fire too but no where as much as TEOF. Here was a mess. In Common was such a good single and the type of fresh song that she needed to come out with but the rest of the album was unlistenable. It ranged from safe, typical, boring AK to just a downright mess.
    I completely agree!

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied
    Songs in A Minor - Butterflyz
    Diary of A. Keys - Wake Up/Slow Down
    As I Am - Teenage Love Affair
    The Element of Freedom - Unthinkable

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    My fav track from each album:

1. Songs In A Minor - Goodbye
    2. The Diary - So Simple
    3. As I Am - Lessons Learned
    4. TEOF - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
    5. Girl On Fire - Fire We Make
    6. Here - In Common

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93
    I am excited, I usually like her songs.
    Did you like Here album? The last Alicia album i truly enjoyed was The Elements of Freedom.
    Yes, more than The Element of Freedom.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    ^ I love The Element of Freedom. Her best album IMO. I liked Girl on Fire too but no where as much as TEOF. Here was a mess. In Common was such a good single and the type of fresh song that she needed to come out with but the rest of the album was unlistenable. It ranged from safe, typical, boring AK to just a downright mess.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93
    Did you like Here album? The last Alicia album i truly enjoyed was The Elements of Freedom.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Alicia Keys To Leave ‘The Voice’ / Says Next Album Is ‘Halfway Done’

For two seasons, fans of NBC’s ‘The Voice’ have enjoyed seeing ‘A Woman’s Worth’ singer Alicia Keys lend her expert 2-cents as judge to the show’s talented hopefuls. Now, the singer/songwriter says it’s time to bid the show adieu.

Taking to Entertainment Tonight, Keys revealed she will not be returning for next season’s run alongside resident judges Miley Cyrus or Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton, and Adam Levine as she is directing her full attention to the completion of her yet-titled 7th studio effort.

Telling viewers she is ‘halfway done’ with the process, tuck in to hear the Grammy-winner dish on the follow-up to 2016’s ‘Here’:
    http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/05/alici ... ming-soon/

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Pop Crave? @PopCrave 10h10 hours ago
    Alicia Keys reveals in a recent interview that this will be her final season coaching on "The Voice".

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    John Legend, Alicia Keys, Donald Glover & Demi Lovato Honored With Time 100 Most Influential People Essays

In writing about Keys, Scandal star Kerry Washington praises the singer's landmark 2001 debut, Songs in A Minor, for infusing the "landscape of hip-hop with a classical sensibility" and becoming an "avatar for millions of people, always remaining true to herself." That drive to be a beacon has continued with Keys' recent #NoMakeup movement, which Washington says makes perfect sense since "Alicia doesn't hide her truth, her flaws, her dreams of her journey."

Washington continues, "It is that authenticity and vulnerability that endear her to us. We are drawn to her honesty, we respect and adore her, and in doing so, we move closer to embracing our own true selves."
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... eys-essays

Leave a comment:

• firefairyangel
    replied
    Originally posted by NoSleeep
    I hate when artists drop the first single off the album track list these days because it didn't top the charts. People definitely aren't gonna buy this record. She should have kept In Common on there and released a hot second single. Not this Blended Family album track. Just not first single worthy, and certainly not comparable to the kind of work she was putting out at the beginning of her career. If she's in full control of this album roll out, it's akin to self sabotage.
    I couldn't agree more.

At least I see a lot of promo about the album. I thought that Spotify was pushing it to me since I follow her, but I saw today a feiend's account that doesn't even listen her and he got a recommendations by Spotify of a playlist with her in the cover, containing two of her new songs.
    I hate the fact that In Common and Hallelujah weren't on the final album! I'm one of the few who still buys physical albums, although much more rarely recently, so it really annoys me when songs are only available by download. Those two songs specifically were the most memorable for me, and I much rather would have had those than the interludes.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    on April 7, "Vault Playlists Vol. 1" was uploaded to her Spotify site...

and it includes the studio version of her 2011 iHeartRadio Festival live performance of "A Place Of My Own", however it's titled " Place To Call My Own"

https://open.spotify.com/album/5CyqXyKJeRU4PGTahuE4i5

also includes "No One (Acoustic)", "Stolen Moments" and "If I Ain't Got You (piano & vocal version)".

I am so happy there is finally a studio version of "Place To Call My Own". Been waiting since 2011 for it. One of AK's very best tracks tbh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X