No announcement yet.

Alicia Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She looks amazing on that magazine cover with Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore:

It goes from best-worst on this photo. Demi looks weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wmosi
      Originally posted by jamesssxD
      Originally posted by Wmosi
      I want another 'Diary' (the album).
      Her best album, in my opinion, followed by Songs In A Minor.
      Dragon Days, Feeling You Feeling Me, Streets of New York, Karma >>>>>>>
      YESSSS!

Diary, If I Was Your Woman >>>> :cool:

Her debut was amazing too!
      Troubles and The Life are better than anything on The Element Of Freedom (my least favourite Alicia album).
      Mhm! Except Unthinkable. I stan hard for that song, but Troubles & Butterflyz are also up there

& that is a stunning pic, Alicia looks beautiful, Demi looks like she just pooped & a typical Jennifer face. Alicia >>>

Comment

• I hope she'll be back soon... no matter if that's a Greatest Hits album or new studio album

I would love to see sound like songs How come you don't call me, some songs from The diary of Alicia Keys...

I still don't have favourite Alicia's album, I love them all in the same way!

but my fav her song is still If I ain't got you!
        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I've been listening to Queen Alicia non-stop the past week or so, and i think she's about to become my fave female artist at the moment. :cool:

My Top 12 Alicia Keys Tracks
          1. Girlfriend
          2. Diary (MTV Unplugged version)
          3. You Don't Know My Name
          4. The Life
          5. Troubles
          6. Lesson Learned (w/John Mayer)
          7. Typewriter
          8. Love Is My Disease
          9. Samsonite Man
          10.This Bed
          11. Like You'll Never See Me Again
          12.Butterflyz (shout-out to jamesssxD!!)
          Photoshoot fresh... I'm about to call the paparazzi on myself.

Comment

• ^^ Never heard of a few of those songs, I might have to give them a listen.

Comment

• ^^You definitely should!! I think you'll love them. :cool:

Have you listened to her albums in full, apart from the singles??

Comment

^^You definitely should!! I think you'll love them. :cool:

Not really. I've only listened to the Element of Freedom, which is one of my favourite albums of 2009. I always planned on listening to her other albums though, but I never really felt the urge to listen to them.

I love "Lesson Learned" and all tracks from TEOF in your list though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudeBoi
                  ^^You definitely should!! I think you'll love them. :cool:

Not really. I've only listened to the Element of Freedom, which is one of my favourite albums of 2009. I always planned on listening to her other albums though, but I never really felt the urge to listen to them.

I love "Lesson Learned" and all tracks from TEOF in your list though.
                  Cool!
                  At least you're not groping in the dark or something.

I'd rank her albums like this...

1. Songs In A Minor
                  Standouts: Girlfriend, How Come You Don't Call Me, Fallin, A Woman's Worth, The Life.

2. The Diary of Alicia Keys
                  Standouts : Karma, You Don't Know My Name, If I Ain't Got You, Samsonite Man, Diary.

3. The Element of Freedom

4. As I Am
                  Standouts: No One, Like You'll Never See Me Again, Superwoman, Teenage Love Affair.

They're all amazing records, though.Her earlier stuff is a lot more Hip-Hop/Soul than TEOF.

Comment

• Okay, thanks! I'll definitely give those a listen.

Comment

Yesss my jam I'm glad Typewriter is in your top 12 because it's in mine too even though we have just basically heard it but it's AMAZING.

My Top 12 would be:
                      1. Unthinkable
                      2. Butterflyz
                      3. Pray for Forgiveness
                      4. Feeling You Feeling Me (I know it's an interlude but amazing)
                      5. Troubles
                      6. Typewriter
                      7. Dreaming
                      8. Prelude to a Kiss
                      9. Dragon Days
                      10. Streets of New York
                      11. Love Is Blind
                      12. Girlfriend

Comment

• I just started to discover her music!
                        P=MC2's Top 20
                        Originally posted by Merci
                        Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesssxD
                          Yesss my jam I'm glad Typewriter is in your top 12 because it's in mine too even though we have just basically heard it but it's AMAZING.
                          Typewriter SHITS.No idea why it didn't make the original album's tracklist. 'Juiciest' (from the Anniversary Edition)>>>>

YESSS at Dragon Days making an appearance.One of the best tracks on Diary.The instrumental gives me so much life.

Love is Blind, This Bed, Pray For Forgiveness, Try Sleeping..., Unthinkable & Love Is My Disease are definitely the best tracks on TEOF.I didn't like the album when it was released...it had way too many ballads.I love it so much now though! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
                            Typewriter SHITS.No idea why it didn't make the original album's tracklist. 'Juiciest' (from the Anniversary Edition)>>>>

YESSS at Dragon Days making an appearance.One of the best tracks on Diary.The instrumental gives me so much life.

Love is Blind, This Bed, Pray For Forgiveness, Try Sleeping..., Unthinkable & Love Is My Disease are definitely the best tracks on TEOF.I didn't like the album when it was released...it had way too many ballads.I love it so much now though! :cool:
                            Ikr? If it was on Songs In A Minor it probably would of snatched Butterflyz wig by now!

Dragon Days is amazing, I love the lyrics.

All the tracks you mentioned are my favourites off TEOF & Like The Sea aswell. I love Speechless too I'm hoping the next album is in the vein of that.

Idk why but her songs so make me feel like I'm in New York

Comment

• OMG Im in need of Alicia. I hope radio starts playing R&B again.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

• I forgot to post alicia features on the chorus of Mateo's 'Say it so'

Comment

• Anyone seen her performance at the iheartmusic fest. She performed a new song.
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                    Anyone seen her performance at the iheartmusic fest. She performed a new song.
                                    Yes.
                                    It's called "A Place Of My Own". Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIJSePtMCE

I knew her voice got progressively worse with each era but I didn't mind the hoarseness. It actually added emotion to her songs. HOWEVER watching this performance above I just can't. Her vocals for the first time grate on me to no end. Very hoarse and raspy. :-?

With regard to the song, I find it a total non-event and in terms of feel pretty much in line with most of the material in her albums. I've said it before that I find her discography incredibly samey and repetitive and if "A Place Of My Own" is any indication of her next album, I'm not really looking forward to new music from her.
                                    DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• She sounded great during the concert. it was just that performance was by far her worst ever.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

• I think her first three albums were incredibly varied, musically & stylistically... it's The Element Of Freedom era, when things began to get samey, & the fact that the lead single sounded like No One 2.0 didn't help either.

I have high hopes for her next album, though.

Comment

• I do too. I like TEOF. I think she was able to go places she never did before. I did not like the single choices though. I would have had TSWABH, LIB, LIMD, and PIIALS. I want more soulful music this time. Going back to her "Diary" days. AIA was okay to me, not her best. It should have been Grammy nominated I know that.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Alicia needs to work on her songwriting and her vocals.
                                            Diva!!!

Comment

• Alicia has some great stuff and she's talented no doubt but I hardly see variation in her music. All her albums run together that's why I can't listen to her as often as I listen to other artists.

Looking back at my post I probably were too harsh on her Look, I will definitely check her next album out, obviously there will be some cool songs on there - she's working with Jeff Bhasker with whom she wrote TSWABH with again - I just doubt she's gonna stray away from her usual direction lyris and sound-wise.
                                              DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• I agree with both your points!

I think tracks like This Bed, Love Is My Disease & TSWABH were new ground for her, and i'd have loved if she'd gone all-out & pursued that sound further.

TEOF got bogged down by the As I Am-esque ballads at the end (All the way from Distance & Time to Pray For Forgiveness).

I definitely want the soul back in her music... the 'Troubles' Alicia needs to return.iveness).

I definitely want the soul back in her music... the 'Troubles' Alicia needs to return.

Comment

• Are we getting a new Alicia album this Christmas? I miss her, the music industry is somehow empty without her as no one fills up her spot, not even Adele.

"A Place Of My Own" is so great, really breathtaking.

Comment

• Alicia is gonna have to come out swinging because R&B barely get plays these days and there are so many soul singers out now.
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X