Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated
    replied
    so did she just scrap In Common? that sucks. I loved that song. and i love this new song too.

Leave a comment:

• Lucasperry
    replied
    When i thought i could not love her more!
    [youtube:1bn8md9p]uecqf7n64j4[/youtube:1bn8md9p]

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bulwieboo
    New Song!

Alicia Keys - She Don't Really Care (New Music Live)
    [youtube:2ojk6kw9]97QoeJ3W-IA[/youtube:2ojk6kw9]

I love it!
    This is so hot. I need it.

I feel like her album is gonna get pushed back until next year unless they are doing a Nov. release. I've been kinda looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    How come I didn't hear this before?
    What an amazing song!

[youtube:3mvisgkc]pCiYoBoyUYU[/youtube:3mvisgkc]

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    EXCLUSIVE: Alicia Keys is playing a surprise NYC show October 9 (plus, here’s a sneak peek of her new album)

In our cover story on Alicia Keys (you can pick up your copy tomorrow), we're lucky enough to exclusively announce that the venerable New York songwriter plans to play a big secret show on her home turf on October 9. (In town, she’s also performing during the Tidal X concert at Barclays Center on October 15, as well as at the Black Ball charity event at Hammerstein Ballroom on October 19.) Details on the location of the hush-hush gig are staying, well, hush-hush, but we’ll be sure to update you with 'em as soon as we can.

The writer of the feature, Eve Barlow, was also allowed to listen to a few tracks form Keys’s upcoming LP. Here are Barlow’s first impressions of a few yet-to-be-titled tracks:

The feminist one
    This is a soulful take from a woman’s point of view, speaking to “queens” worldwide in Brooklyn, Harlem, the Bronx, Somalia, Cairo, the U.K. and beyond. It’s a commentary on how women all seek the same thing no matter where they’re from. Keys sings, “She don’t really care, she want diamonds in her ears.”

The political one
    With an opening picked on acoustic guitar, this song presents a world in which we value war and consider love obscene, encourage each other to hate and are divided by difference: “We’ve got it twisted in this lucid dream,” Keys notes. By the next verse, she untwists it: “What if sex was holy and war was obscene? What a wonderful dream.”

The social-commentary one
    Keys recalls The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and references Sam Cooke’s “A Change Is Gonna Come” on one ferocious piano-led gospel cut, drawing scenes of modern life with lines like, “We all got children, products of the ghetto, mama cooked the food, daddy did the yellin’.… Don’t blame me, I’m just giving the facts?/?If you ain’t in the battle, how you gon’ win the fight?”
    Source: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/ex ... bum-092716

Leave a comment:

• Mikerocha
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaInfo1
    Originally posted by intosoul
    Maybe the label doesn't want to release the album and Alicia just wants to perform her new music since the album should have been out already? I hope this doesn't turn into a "Hard II Love" mess
    They probably though In Common would've popped off and it's throwing them off. Besides "Doesn't Mean Anything", all of her first singles have been pretty huge.
    She signed with Guy Oseary.
    He messed up Madonna's recording career and U2's.

Don't expect any good career move with the charts as target.
    She will now be part of Guy Oseary's touring force. That's all he focuses on.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by intosoul
    Maybe the label doesn't want to release the album and Alicia just wants to perform her new music since the album should have been out already? I hope this doesn't turn into a "Hard II Love" mess
    They probably though In Common would've popped off and it's throwing them off. Besides "Doesn't Mean Anything", all of her first singles have been pretty huge.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I think it's already as messy as H2L era if not messier

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I don't know and get what she's trying to do with all the messy single releases and no news of an album. I know one thing though, the album will flop big time unless she does a proper release with a proper lead single and promote it.

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    Here's the full Aplle music concert "Blood on me" is not her new song. It's Samphas song (Sampha is the guy who joined her on stage). It starts around @26:25

[youtube:1f4379hf]L6wMYN7ua6c[/youtube:1f4379hf]

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    ^I like it a lot, but it's far from her best material IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    What do you guys think about this song?
    [youtube:2imn6d1d]fHczyuOwAss[/youtube:2imn6d1d]
    For me this is the best, she released recent. @2:19-2:50 part is just perfect

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    She Don't Really Care sounds really good. I like what I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    She Don't Really Care is my favourite one so far... I don't really like The Gospel tbh

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    Thanks for posting! Seems to be a really good album, I like all of the songs so far.

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    Another new song!

Alicia Keys - The Gospel
    [youtube:39lpzwxn]1C6fSdmecg0[/youtube:39lpzwxn]

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    When is this album coming out ?

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    She is a Queen but she don't really care

Sounds nice!
    Is she talking about the album at the beginning of the album? That it's coming so so so so so sooooon?? Release tomorrow already?!?

Leave a comment:

• tyguy723
    replied

Wait She Don't Really Care is a slow bop

Leave a comment:

• MJH
    replied
    She don't really care about her hair.

Leave a comment:

• Bulwieboo
    replied
    New Song!

Alicia Keys - She Don't Really Care (New Music Live)
    [youtube:c8jwi7fg]97QoeJ3W-IA[/youtube:c8jwi7fg]

I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Lucasperry
    replied
    Originally posted by Lety
    If I Ain't Got You is #15 on US iTunes.
    Apple Music Festival has a great effect.
    Girl On Fire, No One and Fallin' are in Top 100 too.

I know right, this is so weird haha
    If i ain't got you #15 Girl on fire #43, No One #52 Fallin #71
    So happy for her.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    I just watched bits and pieces of The Voice. It takes some getting used to seeing her with hardly any make-up. But I think it's great she shows us women can be beautiful without.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    She sang a short part of IIAGY on The Voice:

https://www.facebook.com/aliciakeys/?fref=ts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X