• Lioha
    replied
    Little Big Town totally nailed this!
    [youtube:1icy2bfl]yhcHT3GM_6c[/youtube:1icy2bfl]

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by luckyONE
    I think we won't get the album on August 26th? :-?
    Yeah I doubt it now. Nothing is sticking.

I see October with a new single next month.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    I think we won't get the album on August 26th? :-?

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    LQ preview of "She Don't Really Care"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH55ojChnHm ... akeysworld

About the new album: "It sounds very early-’90s New York hip-hop. It make you think of Nas’s album "Illmatic". That’s what popped into my mind."
    So stuff over hip hop beats?...eh I dunno if I''m crazy about that description.

But I like the two songs I've heard so I'm here for it...and that clip was kinda cute.

Leave a comment:

• Kaloki
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up going completely cuckoo

Stop all this change the world shit and just do an album of any unreleased songs from Songs In a Minor and Diary

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    "New Day" is one of her worst song IMO. Can't believe that was a single.
    It reminds me of "Heartburn": wrong match of producer and artist.

Leave a comment:

• naughtynae
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucasperry
    I wonder if she is working with Krucial on this album. I know since GOF she has not worked with him. And I really hope her Swiss Beatz is not producing any track on this album. He is a good painter but not producer. Let that to your wife. But i'm kinda liking the new direction with the two singles. Even though I love her to death the last album doesn't really have a stand out for me. Lacking so much soul(as compare to her previous albums) but still good though. This one already having a good feeling. Finger Crossed.

He's a great producer but their sounds don't fit.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    LQ preview of "She Don't Really Care"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH55ojChnHm ... akeysworld

About the new album: "It sounds very early-’90s New York hip-hop. It make you think of Nas’s album "Illmatic". That’s what popped into my mind."

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    I remember when Fallin' dropped. It was so different than anything out at that time.
    The soulful, mature sound, the piano elements, her look in the visual... Classic!

Leave a comment:

• Lucasperry
    replied
    I wonder if she is working with Krucial on this album. I know since GOF she has not worked with him. And I really hope her Swiss Beatz is not producing any track on this album. He is a good painter but not producer. Let that to your wife. But i'm kinda liking the new direction with the two singles. Even though I love her to death the last album doesn't really have a stand out for me. Lacking so much soul(as compare to her previous albums) but still good though. This one already having a good feeling. Finger Crossed.

Leave a comment:

• MonaBlissa
    replied
    Originally posted by MrDiva
    Fallin is a masterpiece tbh
    Yes, in the the vein of James Brown. I loved her earlier work.

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    Fallin is a masterpiece tbh

Leave a comment:

• Lioha
    replied
    ?Songs In A Minor dropped 15 years ago today (according to Alicia's FB, however wikipedia says other )!

I remember like it was yesterday when Fallin' was released)))

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I feel like she's not really catching on now.

Maybe it's too early but still...

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Why cant she focus on music?? No Make up??? Bitch you are one of the most beautiful celebs that there is. You don't need make-up. **** this inspiring shit and give us music.

Leave a comment:

• delapuerta
    replied
    I think she shouldn't do this. Even when someone record inside a venue new music, the quality is bad and is free promotion for her.

She shouldn't care less about this, because if someone doesn't know about this policy and then he or she realise about it at the concert it could be very dissapointing...

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Such a petty move.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Very interesting! I wonder how this will affect the concertgoers.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Alicia Keys Uses Controversial Product to Ban Cell Phones From Her Concerts

Alicia Keys is done with fans recording and taking photos of her while performing, as one crowd learned the hard way during her show at Highline Ballroom in New York City.
    As The Washington Post reports, the celebrated R&B artist has adopted a new phone-free policy thanks to Yondr, a rubbery cell phone case that automatically locks your device inside of it when you enter the venue.

The purpose of the lock-down is to prevent attendees from leaking new music, as well as to attempt to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience for all. (To be fair, there is nothing more annoying than not being able to see the stage thanks to having a bright, glowing iPhone blocking your view.)

The product was tested on concertgoers during Keys’ Highline Ballroom performance a few weeks ago, and of course, the controversial procedure already has many fans up in arms, with many pointing out that they use their phones to document memories and stay in touch with their friends during concerts.

“In this day and age, my phone is how I keep my memory,” one fan told The Washington Post. “…If you don’t want your music heard, then don’t perform it.”

Also to consider are the countless safety concerns the new rule raises, like what if there’s an incident inside the venue and people need to get in touch with authorities or family members immediately? Or what if someone has a medical emergency and needs to call 911 quickly?

However, Keys is not the first celebrity to advocate for device-free events. Today reports that comedians like Dave Chappelle and Louis C.K. will begin using the cases at their performances, and back in May, Adele lost her cool at one fan who decided to record her concert on camera.
    Only time will tell if other popular artists begin to adopt Yondr… and if fans will continue to attend phone-free show
    http://popcrush.com/alicia-keys-yondr-cell-phone-ban/

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Why she start a movement for "no makeup?" Why she couldn't just choose not to wear make up? When Cicely Tyson started the natural hair movement in the 70s, she did not speak on it, she simply chose to wear her natural short hair and people followed.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    According to aliciakeysmusic, the album Drops August 26.
    I hope it is true.

15 years ago today, Songs in A Minor was released.

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    According to aliciakeysmusic, the album Drops August 26.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I think GOF album and the boring songs she released after that ruined her brand more than we know. In Common is the catchiest thing she released in a while and if that can't chart, i don't think she'll ever have a hit single anymore.

Leave a comment:

• VSW
    replied
    I seriously can't believe Alicia hasn't been able to chart hsomewhere on the Hot 100 with her first single one month after its release and all this promo. Ugh. :(

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    [youtube:5xv8yups]MPzYhb3O4Hc[/youtube:5xv8yups]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X