Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny's Child

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I actually think his voice completely fits that version of the song - good job. I’d listen to an official edit of it no problem.

    Comment


    • "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

      Comment


      • | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

        Comment


        • | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

          Comment


          • I have that Love Destiny Target exclusive CD

            Comment


            • I wish they would do a reunion tour. But that'll make matty some coins so I don't see them doing it. Xscape had a successful arena tour. The spice girls are having a successful stadium tour. I'm sure DC could do a mix of both.

              Comment


              • You forget how actually cheesy they were for most of their time.
                Uk the only way

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                  I wish they would do a reunion tour. But that'll make matty some coins so I don't see them doing it. Xscape had a successful arena tour. The spice girls are having a successful stadium tour. I'm sure DC could do a mix of both.
                  Could they work around this by not calling themselves Destiny's Child?? Maybe the Destiny Reunited Tour? Would Matthew still get money then? I'm not sure how copyright and royalties work.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                    You forget how actually cheesy they were for most of their time.
                    They were a product of their time, absolutely. But they really started pulling it together once the final line up started working and those last two albums really made them up their game. They ended too soon and I think from the few reunion things they’ve done (Super Bowl, Beychella etc) they’d really bring the fire on a reunion tour - and deliver a career best TBH.
                    M08T10

                    Comment


                    • Ah yeah theres no group that I can think of that needs a comeback more. One if few who could still sell new material. I really thought we would get something for their 20th anniversary.
                      Uk the only way

                      Comment


                      • Not releasing "Brown eyes" is a crime. I'm Glad America still played it on radio anyway. But while we're talking about survivor. Why do people call it a POP album? It has a few pop elements here and there. But overall it's a R&B album.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                          Not releasing "Brown eyes" is a crime. I'm Glad America still played it on radio anyway. But while we're talking about survivor. Why do people call it a POP album? It has a few pop elements here and there. But overall it's a R&B album.
                          echo all this
                          Forever Young

                          Comment


                          • Kelly Rowland supporting Chris Brown. Should've just ate her food and minded her own business.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                              Kelly Rowland supporting Chris Brown. Should've just ate her food and minded her own business.
                              Yikes, after Dirty Laundry this is a bit eh

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                Yikes, after Dirty Laundry this is a bit eh
                                Shed didn't know what was going on guys...
                                Forever Young

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                  Not releasing "Brown eyes" is a crime. I'm Glad America still played it on radio anyway. But while we're talking about survivor. Why do people call it a POP album? It has a few pop elements here and there. But overall it's a R&B album.
                                  "Brown Eyes" was actually huge in South East Asia as well. I was surprised when I found out it wasn't a single and had no video.

                                  Survivor indeed still falls under the contemporary R&B category but it's their most Pop-sounding body of work by far (especially the singles) so I guess the fans will always refer it as a Pop album.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                    [tweet:1dome8fk]https://twitter.com/Bey_Legion/status/1042737331189506048[/tweet:1dome8fk]
                                    [tweet:1dome8fk]https://twitter.com/Bey_Legion/status/1042731824173211649[/tweet:1dome8fk]
                                    Reunion please

                                    Comment


                                    • Those pictures makes me sad.. unfortunately the business got the best of them. I would love a picture of all 5 members together. You can just see the love they have for each in their eyes

                                      Comment


                                      • Please Michelle was the best thing to happen to DC.

                                        She really split Kelly and Bey's voices so well because they can be so similar.
                                        Forever Young

                                        Comment


                                        • I never liked Michelle’s voice but she was worth being in the group for this reason alone:
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

                                          GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                            Please Michelle was the best thing to happen to DC.

                                            She really split Kelly and Bey's voices so well because they can be so similar.
                                            I must agree. Kelly and Michelle had a very similar tone. Michelle made them stand out vocally.
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                              I must agree. Kelly and Michelle had a very similar tone. Michelle made them stand out vocally.
                                              pretty much.


                                              Most people to this day do not know that Kelly sung the second verse to Beyonce's check on it
                                              Forever Young

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                pretty much.


                                                Most people to this day do not know that Kelly sung the second verse to Beyonce's check on it
                                                Look okay, I don't care what the internet says - Kelly does not sing the second verse of "Check On It".



                                                The only part where it sounds like Kelly is the very first line (1:14) and that's a bit of a reach to be honest. Whenever she sings, Kelly has the tendency to pronounce the letter "s" as a deep "sssssssss" and it does not present on the song. 1:19 definitely sounds like Beyonce, 1:28 definitely Beyonce, 1:32 Beyonce obviously, 1:36 Beyonce all the way. Case closed.

                                                Comment


                                                • Not this conspiracy theory again. Bish would've been credited if she sang anything
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Ugh... Kelly's and Bey's middle register sounds very similar at times (you can find several examples for this), but that IS NOT Kelly on Check On It. I don't know why this rumor is so damn persistent. Probably because COI was supposed to be a DC song at some point. But the released version is Bey all the way.
                                                    As abi already pointed out, there's only one line that kinda makes it understandable where people are coming from with this rumor, but the following lines make it pretty obvious that it is Bey.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • And also the acapella version of Check On It has been out for a while, listen it with good headphones and you hear Bey, no Kelly.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                        Look okay, I don't care what the internet says - Kelly does not sing the second verse of "Check On It".



                                                        The only part where it sounds like Kelly is the very first line (1:14) and that's a bit of a reach to be honest. Whenever she sings, Kelly has the tendency to pronounce the letter "s" as a deep "sssssssss" and it does not present on the song. 1:19 definitely sounds like Beyonce, 1:28 definitely Beyonce, 1:32 Beyonce obviously, 1:36 Beyonce all the way. Case closed.
                                                        I will wait for kelly and bey to deny these allegations
                                                        Forever Young

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                          I will wait for kelly and bey to deny these allegations
                                                          They probably don't even know these allegations exist (cause they don't) so doubt it.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Even if they knew, it's from 2005 and they never address such things
                                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                              They probably don't even know these allegations exist (cause they don't) so doubt it.
                                                              i will email it to them
                                                              Forever Young

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X