No announcement yet.

Destiny's Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Writings On The Wall is classic and my all time favorite from DC. It's the album that made me a fan and unlike some of other titles released at that period it doesn't get old. I was recklessly trying to sing Bug-a-Boo when it came out and I learned how to rise only one eyebrow after I had seen Bee doing it in Say My Name video. I was thirteen then TWOTW was one of the first cassettes I bought and I remember my mother repeatedly telling me "how can you listen to this, it isn't melodic at all" R&B wasn't popular where I live then.
    And I also remember some guy in a music show reviewed the cd with "these girls claim they don't want to be another girlband with meaningless songs but having videos about getting their hair done does not bring them closer to that. 3/5" <- that was about Bills, Bills, Bills :evil: Well, that program got taken of the air in a year and DC stand strong

And for me Destiny's Child songs were hugely about self-worth and empowerment but at the same time they didn't neglected true love and dedication to your man. Gotta love them for that <3
    Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
    Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé

Comment

Glee - Bills, Bills, Bills [full Audio]

This will be good for DC catalogue sales
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by hugom2c

Boys did good job but this song is always better when females sing it
        "And then when the bill comes
        All the sudden you be acting dumb
        Don't know where none of these calls come from
        When your mama's number's here more than once"
        Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]

Comment

Originally posted by pomporella

Boys did good job but this song is always better when females sing it
          "And then when the bill comes
          All the sudden you be acting dumb
          Don't know where none of these calls come from
          When your mama's number's here more than once"
          Wow! I really like it!
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

US itunes

206. Bills, Bills, Bills (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast

Comment

US itunes

206. Bills, Bills, Bills (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
              Now it's n.50 this is doing really good. Get that royalty DC3 will be my faves foreva damn I miss them

*going listen Say my name and Survivor*
              Monsters (Heroic, Kings&Queens, We make History, We Created this Kingdom with The Heart,The Brain, The Soul,Adoration, Money, The Truth, and Love)

Comment

Favorite Member - All of them are equal for me!
                Favorite Song - I don't know why, but it's Brown Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by pollei
                  Favorite Song - I don't know why, but it's Brown Eyes
                  The song was HUUGEEE in South-east Asia, right Pollei?

Comment

Cater 2 U was their best single. And is also regarded as their FINAL bow. The final single of their career. What a great way to exit the industry.
                    Here for Alicia Keys only.

Comment

^They did Stand Up For Love after that.

IMO Survivor is their best single. Perfect message and perfect timing.

Comment

0 votes for the Christmas album so far. Is it that bad? I never listened.
                        Do you care for me beyond idolization?

Comment

Ex-Destiny's Child Member -- Arrested

Farrah Franklin -- a former member o f Destiny's Child -- was arrested for disorderly conduct in Culver City, CA this weekend ... TMZ has confirmed. Franklin -- who spent 5 months with the group in 2000 before Beyonce and Kelly Rowland gave her the chop -- was arrested at 6:45 AM on Saturday. Sources close to the situation tell us alcohol was involved. According to the booking sheet, 29-year-old Franklin was released from custody later that day on $100 bail. Story developing

Comment

Ex-Destiny's Child Member -- Arrested

Farrah Franklin -- a former member o f Destiny's Child -- was arrested for disorderly conduct in Culver City, CA this weekend ... TMZ has confirmed. Franklin -- who spent 5 months with the group in 2000 before Beyonce and Kelly Rowland gave her the chop -- was arrested at 6:45 AM on Saturday. Sources close to the situation tell us alcohol was involved. According to the booking sheet, 29-year-old Franklin was released from custody later that day on $100 bail. Story developing
                            I never really liked her. She was a big b**** during her DC times.
                            to the infinity and Beyoncé.

Comment

Destiny's Child are my favorite girl group, definitely. I love almost every song of them.

What do you guys think, will there ever be a reunion??
                              ? Girls' Generation ?
                              ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by YesMC
                                0 votes for the Christmas album so far. Is it that bad? I never listened.
                                Wouldn't it be sad if a Christmas album was picked as the best album from multi-million selling group?

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                  Destiny's Child are my favorite girl group, definitely. I love almost every song of them.

What do you guys think, will there ever be a reunion??
                                  I can't see it happen anytime soon. Beyoncé's solo career is way bigger than Destiny's Child. Actually, that was the biggest reason behind their split.
                                  to the infinity and Beyoncé.

Comment

I relaly loved "Destiny Fulfilled" A LOT! Amazing singles! It was way too awesome!

Comment

I officially love the gorls
                                      P=MC2's Top 20
                                      Originally posted by Merci
                                      Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

They should do a song together again, a song on one of the girls album as example

Comment

It's funny but there's Destiny's Child song that's quite popular on talent shows castings in Poland. And it is....

Stand Up For Love

How random is this?

Comment

It's funny but there's Destiny's Child song that's quite popular on talent shows castings in Poland. And it is....

Stand Up For Love
                                            Actually it's here too.

The song was everywhere. It was back in December 2005 when a giant earthquake/tsunami happened in our country, coincident with the release of the song so the song was used to pay tributes to all of the victims and it was on TV like every hour, literally.

Comment

^
                                              Well you have good reason, I don't remember the song being too popular in here

Comment

^
                                                Well you have good reason, I don't remember the song being too popular in here
                                                Well, Alicia's "If I Ain't Got You" was a "flop" too during its initial release. But, look at it now!

Comment

This was posted on fans4beyoncé:

Destiny's Child -Pick Up the Phone

you better watch it "Right Now!!!"

Comment

This was posted on fans4beyoncé:

Destiny's Child -Pick Up the Phone

you better watch it "Right Now!!!"

btw Cater 2 U is my jam at the moment!
                                                    P=MC2's Top 20
                                                    Originally posted by Merci
                                                    Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

TWOTW's intro is so random, I can't help but laugh everytime I play it

"LaToya Mastinni
                                                      I wanna thank you for helping me organize this meeting, here,today

And Kelly Staraki I also want to thank you
                                                      and all the other dawns of the four families

Beyoncé Corion from the southwest
                                                      LaTavia Ninza from the four four

Our objective of this meeting today
                                                      is to discuss Destiny's Child commandments of relationships

Ya know it's so unfortunate, so unneccesary
                                                      for us to end up with broken hearts

Yes godfather
                                                      Time has changed
                                                      relationships aren't like the old days, you know

See what we need
                                                      is a man of his word
                                                      All this, uh, cheating, backstabbing, hating
                                                      No more, no more

But Godfather
                                                      How do we fold out his mishaps

It's obvious
                                                      The Writing's on the wall

Thou shall not hate"

Comment

^Nah, it's great. Godfather gangsta style

And I love "Thou shall" before the songs.
                                                        Thou shall pay bills
                                                        Thou shall not give in to temptation

etc.

Comment

Opera of The Bells (Live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0HiAFJMpYU&t=6m16s

Sounds exactly like the recorded track, insane harmonies

Comment

I need more DC! :(

Comment

Originally posted by kash27
                                                              I need more DC! :(
                                                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Working...
                                                              X