Destiny's Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanYouKeepUp View Post

Yes, Lose My Breath should have 100% won over My Boo...where is My Boo now?
    As much as I love "Lose My Breath", "My Boo" is actually an R&B classic, Usher's second biggest song on Spotify with +264m streams and +125m views on YouTube.

Compared to "Lose My Breath" with +55m Spotify streams and +96m on YouTube.

Which is actually kinda shocking at how 'forgettable' "Lose My Breath" is. It was actually A HUGE hit in my country and it was the most successful song from the album at that time but as for today, it is actually behind "Soldier" and "Cater 2 U" on Spotify. I guess that's because the latter two cater more to R&B audience and become staples over the years? Idk though.

Comment

• Fair enough, I don’t follow Spotify but the numbers speak for themselves. I still think Lose My Breath is a better tune. I find My Boo boring.

Comment

• At the time lmb was shaping up to be one of their signature hits, but it kinda fell off hard after 2 years. The lack of performances over the years also didn't help

Comment

• TWOTW was released in July 1999. Did they miss the cut off for AMAs for Soul/R&B album for the 2000 awards as this was nominated for the 2001 awards?

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• ^I don't think AMA's have clear deadlines or whatever. They just nominate the most popular acts/albums of that year and The Writing's On The Wall was bigger in 2000 compared to its debut year thanks to "Say My Name" and "Jumpin' Jumpin'" so there's that.

Comment

• ^Right. Bug A Boo failed to match the success of Bills, Bills, Bills. Sales for the TWOTW skyrocketed in 2000 with the success of Say My Name. Destiny’s Child never ruled the 90s and was not a major act during the 90s. The year 2000 is when they started to truly become superstars.

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• They should have put her in the middle of last so they have to start with the first person
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                  X