No announcement yet.

Destiny's Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Child SURVIVOR Survivor - Vote Vote Vote!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh
      Originally posted by kash27
      I need more DC! :(

Comment

My fav member...duh! Beyonce obviously!

My fav Album... Survivor and TWOTW are equal to me!

Fav performance... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI97AIsDlAk

fav song... Through With Love or Survivor!
        Beyonce is the queen #thatisall

Comment

Destiny's Fulfilled
          great album, sexy videos and the power of 3

Comment

Originally posted by tada
            Destiny's Fulfilled
            I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by danbarj
              Originally posted by tada
              Destiny's Fulfilled
              DF is musically like Beyonces "4" album! love it!
              Life tastes better with music
              Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

Destiny's Fulfilled is better than all of their previous albums together.
                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Survivor has the best mid/uptempos, the ballads however are a little boring. Destiny Fulfilled is the most consistant overall but The Writing's On The Wall is a great presentation of a real R&B album.

1. The Writing's On The Wall
                  2. Survivor
                  = 2. Destiny Fulfilled

10. Destiny's Child
                  100. This Is The Remix
                  101. That Christmas Album

Anyway...

VOTE!!!

Comment

The Funny Moments of Destiny's Child

Kelly's reaction (5:05) kills me
                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

DIVAS DIVINE: DESTINY'S CHILD

Destiny's Child is an R&B girl group based in Houston, Texas. Originally comprising of childhood friends Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland, LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett, the group managed to undergo line-up changes until they eventually settled with Knowles, Rowland, and Michelle Williams (who joined the group in 2000) until their split in 2005.

The group released their self-titled debut album in 1998, which included the U.S. R&B #1 hit "No, No, No Part 2" featuring Wyclef Jean. With the release of their sophomore album, The Writings on the Wall, a year later, they eventually managed to achieve mainstream commercial success, spawning hits like "Bills, Bills, Bills", "Jumpin' Jumpin'", and the Grammy Award-winning song, "Say My Name". In 2001, they released their third album, Survivor, which catapulted their superstar status into greater heights, with hit singles such as "Survivor", "Bootylicious" and "Independent Women Part I" topping charts all over the world. After being on hiatus for each member to be able to pursue solo career ventures, the group returned in 2004 and released their final studio album Destiny Fulfilled, which featured the hits "Lose My Breath", "Cater 2 U" and "Soldier". A year later, they released #1's, a greatest-hits compilation album featuring all of their hit singles, before their official disbandment in that same year.

I have decided to rank all my favorite Destiny's Child songs and present it here. I've been a huge fan of them since 1999 (with the release of "Bills, Bills, Bills" to be exact) and have followed their career (as well as their solo careers) since then. I hope you guys enjoy the list as I countdown sixty of their best tracks!
                      Click this link to view my Top 60:
                      http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83922

Comment

I love the fact that Cater 2 U is trending WW on Twitter

Clearly one of her best songs. IMO
                        P=MC2's Top 20
                        Originally posted by Merci
                        Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

I'm getting into DC discography again, recently.

Lord help me I'm really feeling Sexy Daddy now

Apple Pie a la Mode remains embarrassment, though
                          Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
                          Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé

Comment

It has been 14 years since DC released their debut album

Comment

Destiny Fulfilled is my fav album.
                              Bad Habit & Cater 2 you are my fav songs on the album.
                              Every now and then I drown in thoughts of yesterday. And the fools' paradise that you blew away

Comment

Originally posted by hugom2c
                                It has been 14 years since DC released their debut album

Just realized that this is a very underrated album! I like the sound and themes of the album.

Comment

Hey guys! Comment on my Destiny's Child chart, please!

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=25

Comment

Destiny's Child : Before They Were Famous (interview)

This was after the release of DC, but before TWOTW

Comment

Will they ever release a new album? What do you guys think? :-?
                                      ? Girls' Generation ?
                                      ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                        Will they ever release a new album? What do you guys think? :-?
                                        They have 1 more album due to their record label. We could have gotten another Best Of but I think the label is clever holding back. Personally, I believe there will be another studio album from this 1 last album, and perhaps an amendment to their contract to then have 1 last Best Of compilation. Everyone has a lot to gain from one more studio album. All 3 artists and the label themselves!!! It's all about the $$$$$
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by hugom2c
                                          Destiny's Child : Before They Were Famous (interview)

This was after the release of DC, but before TWOTW
                                          1:44 - I have a question. Beyoncé, I understand you are the leader. TENSION.

- I sing lead. Yes.

Comment

I don't think the fat lady has sung yet in terms of reunion tour, album , and even compilation/best of. Hopefully after their next albums we will get something. I don't want them to wait until they are too old. I need for them to be fierce on stage.
                                            Azealia Banks is the future!
                                            RIP Whitney!

Comment

Wait... who's the fat lady?

Comment

Originally posted by Wardo
                                                Wait... who's the fat lady?
                                                Sorry it's a colloquialism meaning we shouldn't assume its over until it has actually finished.
                                                Azealia Banks is the future!
                                                RIP Whitney!

Comment

I figured that could be something like that

Comment

I love Happy Face. It's cute. Kelly's verse and Bey's high note at the end slay. <3
                                                    P=MC2's Top 20
                                                    Originally posted by Merci
                                                    Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

^
                                                      Yeah, this one is great! It always reminds me of my sister, because it's her favourite DC song

Comment

New Destiny's Child Music?

This year also marks the 20th anniversary of Music World. What are your plans to ensure that you’ll be successful for years to come?

We have to be realistic. At Music World we got to shift our direction and certainly stay in music. We’ve grown our Music World Gospel to the fifth largest Gospel label in America. But again, even for the label, we got to partner up. It’s similar to what’s happening in corporate America back in the ’80s. You saw a lot of mergers and acquisitions. We have to be smart in who we can partner with to do it better. We still have our joint venture with Sony and in November we’re putting out two Destiny’s Child catalog records with new material. So we’re going to start doing strategic things like that.

New material meaning previously unreleased tracks?

It’s all released material with some previously unreleased material.

Will there be a Destiny’s Child reunion tour to complement the two projects?

Not on the first release. It takes a year of planning to do these tours, but first it starts with the artist wanting to do it. And I think the ladies are still working happily in their solo careers. And I hope in the next five years that there is a reunion tour. I think it would be incredible. The hardest thing would be choosing which songs they’re going to do, because we would want to mix it up with solo hits and Destiny’s Child hits. We would have to throw away some number ones from off the set list [Laughs].

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/0 ... 54292.html

Comment

We already know that the partial set list for that tour will be:

Say My Name (full)
                                                          Survivor (full)
                                                          Lose My Breath (full)
                                                          Jumpin Jumpin/Bills Bills Bills/Bootylicious/No No No/Bug a Boo (Medley)

6-9 solo Beyoncé tracks in full
                                                          2-3 solo Kelly tracks in full
                                                          1-2 solo Michelle tracks in full

Comment

I am here for new DC music

Comment

here goes Matthew Knowles opening his big gob again!

it'll probably be another few compilation albums with some old unreleased stuff tagged on to it.!

Beyonce & Kelly have new solo albums coming, Michelle's busy hanging with Letoya and has a gospel album coming out too with a new single in the fall.

they aint got time for this!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X