The Saturdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saturdays

With the announcement in tehir weekly mailer that The Saturdays are doing a nation-wide tour next February, I thought I'd start this thread.

I'm contemplating going. I saw them support Girls Aloud, but that was almost 3 years ago - when they only had 4 songs. I think they'd be pretty decent live, especially because the venues are bound to be more intimate than arenas like the 02.

Discuss all things The Saturdays ...

I blame their sophomore slump on the font change.

Seriously, it beats all other girlband fonts hands down.

I quite liked their first album - it was definitely a grower, & whilst Wordshaker had its moments it couldn't live up to its predecessor. Headlines isn't looking any better, if 'Missing You' is anything to go by, but even though I'm not much of a fan of them I do take an interest in them & wish them further success
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

I wouldn't see them live until they start brushing up their performances, everytime I see them on TV they're either miming or look messy - they lack slickness and for a band 2 years down the line it should be better.

They keep taking steps back for me but there's a lot of potential on "Headlines" if they release another good single after "Higher"!
      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

this is probably the best Saturdays performance.

Comment

The last tour was really really good, I'll be going to this one. They always sound better when you're there too
          Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by sbk
            this is probably the best Saturdays performance.
            Apart from Rochelle sounds terrible! I really don't like Rochelle!
            THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

'Headlines' tour dates:

Sat Feb 5 - Liverpool Philharmonic
              Sun Feb 6 - Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
              Mon Feb 7 - Newcastle City Hall
              Wed Feb 9 - Carlisle Sands Centre
              Thu Feb 10 - Manchester Apollo
              Fri Feb 11 - Sheffield City Hall
              Sat Feb 12 - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
              Mon Feb 14 - Wolverhampton Civic
              Tue Feb 15 - Brighton Centre
              Thu Feb 17 - London HMV Hammersmith Apollo
              Sat Feb 19 - Oxford New Theatre
              Sun Feb 20 - Southend Cliffs Pavilion
              Mon Feb 21 - Leicester De Montfort Hall
              Tue Feb 22 - Bristol Colston Hall
              Thu Feb 24 - Plymouth Pavilions
              Fri Feb 25 - Cardiff International Arena
              Sat Feb 26 - Bournemouth Intl Centre

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
                The last tour was really really good, I'll be going to this one. They always sound better when you're there too
                It was, wasn't it?! It's so weird, they're so messy on TV but on tour they were brilliant... never known anything quite so odd!

"Wordshaker" has been reduced to £4 on Amazon now... get it while you can people, it's been deleted!
                "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

Got my tickets for Hammersmith, again.
                  Fourth row, again.

Comment

The Saturdays have finished recording their next single, a producer has revealed.

Steve Mac, who helmed the band's hit single 'Ego' as well as their last album Headlines!, admitted via his Twitter page that he was wrapping up work on their "next single".

He wrote: "Just finishing @thesaturdays next single written with the brilliant @InaWroldsen. Lovin' it!!!"

Wroldsen has co-written on all three of the band's records to date, including the top ten singles 'If This Is Love', 'Up' and 'Higher'.

The group later tweeted that they are having a "busy week of fittings and photo shoots... fun times ahead".

The Saturdays recently announced a UK tour for December, following a string of sold-out dates earlier this year.
                    So soon!!! Love it!

Comment

I do love that they don't wait around. Something better than Forever Is Over, please girls.

Comment

^ Forever is over is surprisingly one of my favourite songs of theirs.

I hope they release more than two singles off this new record, the Wordshaker & Headlines eras have been odd. I'm glad they're not waiting around though.
                        late.

Comment

Una has confirmed on Tripp FM that they are shooting the video in LA next week and the single will be out either May or June.

Comment

I'm glad Steve Mac is involved. Another upbeat belter like "Ego" please!!!
                            Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

It looks very likely we'll get two singles before the album again too, great sign

Comment

Something in the vein of Ego or especially Higher would be great! <3

Comment

It looks very likely we'll get two singles before the album again too, great sign
                                  I definitely prefer that. It means potential bigger single sales, and I don't mind waiting (just as long as it's good).

Comment

I don't know how I couldn't find this topic but there's some important news: they are shooting their new music video today for the first single off the new album!
                                    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by col89
                                      I don't know how I couldn't find this topic but there's some important news: they are shooting their new music video today for the first single off the new album!
                                      (We) so excited!

Comment

I'm addicted to Had It With Today at the moment, so good!

And there are so many paparazzi pictures of them in LA. Everytime they go there, they are getting stalked. Which seems weird as they are completely unknown over there. They probabaly tip the paps or something
                                        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

From the video shoot...

Comment

Woah, Rochelle looks fierce!

So everyone pretty much knows by now but the likelihood is that the new single will be called Notorious (or possibly 'Bad Girl' - the lyrics look like they're gonna go 'I'm a bad girl, bad girl, I'm notorious') and be out on May 30th. That's fairly soon!!

Comment

Woah, Rochelle looks fierce!
                                              When does she never, I ask you?

Really excited about this. Probably my most anticipated song of the year.

Comment

The ladies are working with Space Cowboy and Xenomania on the new album
                                                Looks like we found out where all Fascination's money went, lol
                                                Looks like they're ramping up to make this a big assault.
                                                Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

MOLLIE <3

Comment

alexandlucy Alex and Lucy
                                                    Just heard the brand new single from @TheSaturdays....it's totally different to anything you've heard from them before - & it's BRILLIANT!
                                                    EXCITING!

Comment

so we’ve heard the THE SATURDAYS‘ new NOTORIOUS choon and it’s the closest the girls will get to sounding like a G6 #justsayin
                                                      Uh-oh!

Comment

Oh my, are they saying it sounds like that record?!?!

Comment

Hopefully they mean it sounds fly and not like a clone of that song.

I like the idea of this sounding Pussycat Dolls-esque. As long as it's not along the same lines of Up, Ego or Higher, as while they're all great songs they've tried that formula enough times already.
                                                          late.

Comment

I do agree actually. I think they need something as upbeat as that, as chart friendly as that, as radio friendly as that, but without sounding like that again!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X