Tori Amos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is a weirdo but I love that.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• maybe we just don't get the ancient feminine mistery of sacred sexuality
      last.fm

Comment

• Favorite EP, CD single/maxi guys?

for the it has to be between Scarlet's hidden treasures and the Winter US CD single

Comment

• Originally posted by clayton75
          I've been a huge Tori fan since 1994. "God" was the song that caught my ears while working at a music store in 1994 and I immediately bought UTP and LE... and discovered how incredible LE was. I was in small town high school when LE came out, and I was not exposed to it until I moved away. Anyway... BFP, FTCH, TVAB were all stellar as well. These are all among my favorite albums of all time.

Strange Little Girls had some really good moments, and I love the concept of this covers album, but overall I don't love the results as a whole.

Scarlet's Walk was her last great album for me. Top notch start to finish. One of her best.

The Beekeeper wasn't bad, and there are several strong tracks... but as a straight-through listen, it falls short.

Doll Posse was totally scattershot and unfocused. Way too much going on and not enough strong material for me.

Abnormally Attracted to Sin... great concept... nice overall sound and production... several tracks have really grown on me over the years. But again, I can't sit through the whole album without wanting to several songs.

Midwinter Graces and Night of Hunters both work well as concept albums... I appreciate them for what they are, but they don't have songs that lure me in for repeated listens.

And then Geraldines... while more the Tori that I love post-beekeeper... i just don't feel emotionally connected to most of it - lyrically, melodically or otherwise. It sounds half-baked to me.

She has SO MANY great songs, I don't even know where to begin. I love her piano-only songs, of course, but I also love the dark dramatics and instrumentation on songs like Caught a Lite Sneeze, Siren, Juarez and Spark.

She's one of kind. I've only seen her live twice, and was blown away both times.
          WOW! we almost have the same opinions on her albums, except that I adore Strange Little Girls and Abnormally Attracted to Sin...and Geraldines is her return-to-form

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen
            Favorite EP, CD single/maxi guys?

for the it has to be between Scarlet's hidden treasures and the Winter US CD single
            Scarlet's Hidden Treasures and I think the Spark single with all of its B-sides
            last.fm

Comment

• Tori's artist survivor, come and play!
              last.fm

Comment

• I don't think we posted this one , happened on the first week of Jan:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...istration-deal

https://completemusicupdate.com/arti...blishing-deal/

Comment

• Tori Amos to deliver Peabody Conservatory commencement in May

https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...326-story.html

Comment

• This witch b*tch is coming back again this spring and I can't wait.

"Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                    "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                      This witch b*tch is coming back again this spring and I can't wait.
                      Admittedly, I don't listen to her as much as I did during her heyday but I'm still interested in seeing her artistry takes her. I rather enjoyed most of Native Invader, even if I didn't revisit it often. Curious what the new stuff sounds like

The sands of time fade into dark
                      Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                      A message to madness
                      Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post

Admittedly, I don't listen to her as much as I did during her heyday but I'm still interested in seeing her artistry takes her. I rather enjoyed most of Native Invader, even if I didn't revisit it often. Curious what the new stuff sounds like
                        She went through something I suppose.
                        I became a fan in 2014 which was after (or during) her musical depression I guess...I can see what went wrong looking back.
                        She slowly became uninspired after 'Scarlet's Walk' but then again her run from her debut up until Scarlet is immaculate.
                        I would say she was allowed a bit of a rut and as far as I'm concerned she found herself again with "Unrepentant Geraldines".

Comment

• I want her to FINALLY release FTCH, SW and Beekeeper on vinyl!
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                            I want her to FINALLY release FTCH, SW and Beekeeper on vinyl!
                            it would be a freakin dream come true

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

it would be a freakin dream come true
                              I wish she'd continue the re-releases. The "Boys for Pele" anniversary release is just brilliant.
                              Choirgirl, Venus, Scarlet & even Beekeeper come with so many B-sides and unreleased songs.

Comment

• I wish I'd live in the USA right now btw, she's doing a book tour and I would LOVE to go. Hearing her talk is the best medicine.
                                Can't wait to read the book and I hope new music and a music tour follows soon.

Comment

• 'Silent all these years' in the openingcredits of some new show. Not her version though, don't like the singer on this, but I do like the gloomy vibe of it.

Comment

• Since the release of her first, career-defining solo album Little Earthquakes, Tori Amos has been one of the music industry’s most enduring and ingenious artists. From her unnerving depiction of sexual assault in “Me and a Gun” to her post-September 11 album, Scarlet’s Walk, to her latest album, Native Invader, her work has never shied away from intermingling the personal with the political.

Amos began playing piano as a teenager for the politically powerful at hotel bars in Washington, DC, during the formative years of the post-Goldwater and then Koch-led Libertarian and Reaganite movements. The story continues to her time as a hungry artist in Los Angeles to the subsequent three decades of her formidable music career. Amos explains how she managed to create meaningful, politically resonant work against patriarchal power structures—and how her proud declarations of feminism and her fight for the marginalized always proved to be her guiding light. She teaches us to engage with intention in this tumultuous global climate and speaks directly to supporters of #MeToo and #TimesUp, as well as young people fighting for their rights and visibility in the world.

Filled with compassionate guidance and actionable advice—and using some of the most powerful, political songs in Amos’s canon—this book is for anyone determined to steer the world back in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                    X