Mandy Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandy Moore

Discuss anything and everything about Mandy!!

I used to really love Mandy, but after she decided she's going crappy Folk I stopped. Her last two albums are disasters.
    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger
      I used to really love Mandy, but after she decided she's going crappy Folk I stopped. Her last two albums are disasters.
      LOL I thought I was the only one who didn't like Mandy's change of direction. I love her pop stuff, but I never liked the folk material.
      I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Clearly you're not the only one, since they were flops.

My CHART

Comment

We are complete opposites My favorite is 'Amanda Leigh'

Comment

Really?
            I used to hate her. She was a Britney wannabe. Now she's a real artist! I like her and respect who she's done. Her last two album are great.
            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by mattsky
              She was a Britney wannabe. Now she's a real artist! I like her and respect who she's done. Her last two album are great.
              I fully agree. I love that she's doing her own thing now, eventhough it's not so succesful. Respect for that
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I think Wild Hope was the perfect compromise between pop and the folk-ier (?) sound that Mandy seems to like.

her first two albums were filled with throwaway, by-the-number's bubblegum pop (although there's still a few gems in there, namely "I Wanna Be With You"). her self-titled 3rd release definitely showed some growth, and is probably my favorite album of hers, but I guess that was still too "poppy" for Mandy's taste. then, with Wild Hope, she took another step farther away from the mainstream/Top 40 pop sound, but IMO the material was still enjoyable to her pop fanbase.

and then...Amanda Leigh...I still can't get into :-? as someone who loved the sound of her third and fourth releases, I think she took the folk sound too far with AL (although "I Could Break Your Heart Any Day Of The Week" is pretty good). I'm glad she's making music that she's proud of, and I definitely respect her for doing what she wants regardless of how it sells, but I do wish she toned down the folk-iness just a bit.
                last.fm

Comment

I think her first two albums are nice. Mandy Moore and Coverage are BRILLIANT. Definitely her best eras for me

My CHART

Comment

REALLY surprised no one has put any more info in here. Recently Mandy voiced the lead in Disney's new Tangled / Rapunzel movie (and a very good job she did too)

Mandy working on new album

With Mandy Moore making vocal and musical waves on the big screen playing Rapunzel in Disney’s forthcoming animated feature TANGLED (their 50th, which opens Wednesday) the singer/actress spoke with ASSIGNMENT X recently about the status of her new album.

“Hopefully it will out next year some time,” says Moore. “I’m still writing at this point and want to be done writing by the end of the year and start recording next year. It hasn’t necessarily taken too much shape yet.”

With Moore now married to prolific alt-rocker Ryan Adams, the big question is whether or not he’ll lend his considerable musical skills to the mix.

“I’m sure he will in some way,” admits Moore.
                    Tangled is great, and i can't wait for the new album this year. I Love all her albums. Her last 2 were fantastic! I hope she makes it slightly more Pop on this album, but i doubt it. Either way i'll probably still love it.
                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

In My Pocket!!!!! Quintessential Mandy Moore at her pop best! ;-)

Comment

Coverage was an amazing cover album! Enjoyed every track!

Comment

So real I still come back to and enjoy today. I bought it back when it came out at a small music store in Atlanta when I had no idea who she was yet.

I had never heard of her before. The cute, pretty cover of her on So real wearing a white shirt caught my eyes. I went ahead and bought it, not knowing weather I'd enjoy it or not. I'm glad I did. It's a wonderfully cheesy produced hip hop pop album that's different from the rest of it's kind. Mandy was only 16 then but she could sing exceptionally well for just a 16 year old. Better than most woman in their 20s today who have to rely on heavy effects and autotune to sound like a good singer. (which they still don't really.)

I wanna be with you is more of a compilation and remix album with a decent single thrown in with a few filler tracks. Not bad at all. Almost as enjoyable as So real.

Mandy's self-titled album which came out in 2002 was finally a down grade from her previous mainstream material. Some great tracks that I loved were Split chick, Yoyo, Turn the clock around and one sided love. The others were filler and too girly with minimal production.

Then came Mandy's wonderful Coverage album. Several tracks make excellent covers. My favorite probably Help Me. Not really my kind of music but she definitely took a step in the right direction and matured while moving away from her generic bubblegum pop (which she did so well!) and into more of an intelligent singer whereas her talent could become to be put to better use within the wide range of what she could be capable of doing. Senses working overtime is another great one too, which opens the album. A great opener!

Then came a more personal, autobiography style kind of album dealing with her pains of break up and growing up done with a touch of folk pop.

I liked it! Nearly every track was good, even up lifting at times even though some of the songs had a rather depressing feel to them. Listening to a album like this requires a different kind of mood then say listening to her earlier three albums. But it's good for when your in a more gentle state of mind and just want to chill.

Amanda Leigh is brilliant! A more fun spirited album than her previous one. More adventurous and whimsical. Great melodies and production. good variety between songs. It's a solid pop album. Folks who dislike this album and call it "no fun" clearly have been spoiled by too much eye candy top40 production cheese and they need to go on a musical diet to save their patience and appreciation for the more finer, subtle things in life to enjoy them properly, or not if their too stubborn lol.

Mandy Moore has never been a copy or a wannabe of anyone like Brittany Spears who was already a wannabe of a real artist herself anyway. Just my opinion.

Mandy Moore is so much more talented than her rivals of the time she started and for what's on the top40 to this day.

The trend right now though is super sex crazed pop tarts who can't sing and use an overdose of effects to cover up all the obvious that they are not a real artist.

Mandy has never done that or had to prove that she was a serious artist.
                          I listen to the best music (for me!), aren't you jealous? - http://www.last.fm/user/Zar-Unity

Comment

Mandy Moore has a very strong personality.

Comment

Arcticbird, great review!

Comment

mickleon wrote: "Mandy Moore has a very strong personality."

Yes she does. I always liked that she was a good girl with intelligence too.

Justforme wrote: "Arcticbird, great review!"

Thanks! Guess I had a lot to say about Mandy lol.
                                I listen to the best music (for me!), aren't you jealous? - http://www.last.fm/user/Zar-Unity

Comment

Arcticbird, I'm not JustForFUN!! I'm JustForME!! Or simply Justy

Comment

oops..sorry. Fixed.

Comment

LOVE Mandy! I need new album soon :(
                                      CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

I can still remember the first time I saw "Candy" on MTV. It was being promoted there so much! I miss the old days! Mandy was such a huge star here in the Philippines. "I Wanna Be with You", "Crush", "Cry" and "Only Hope" were massive hits here sometime 10 years ago, and A Walk to Remember was also one of the most talked about romantic teen films at that time.

Comment

My favorite Mandy Moore songs: Nothing That You Are, Extraordinary, I See the Light and Cry
                                          I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

"Cry" is definitely my favourite song from Mandy. It's actually an amazing song, I love it!
                                            Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

"Cry" is so underrated. It actually pulled a "We Belong Together" impact here in the Philippines! That's how huge she was here.

Comment

I never understood why a lot of people complained about Mandy's lovely voice in 1999-2000 because I think that she has one of the most unique, beautiful and most powerful voices in music that the "mainstream pop world" or the "alternative pop, folk pop world" had ever heard.

Futhermore, her personality wins strides of metals as far as I'm concerned.

Another pop singer with bright personality and a powerful, beautiful vocal that I love is Billie Piper.

Comment

I always love Mandy. Love her the most between 4 pop princesses. Never understand why her albums tanked when they are as good as Britney.

Love "Cry" to death but so sad that it underperformed. It sadden me more that the album tanked so hard together with the singles when In my Pocket is as good as any Britney singles that time.

Wild hopes is a mess. Never like the first single. Don't bother to hear the rest of the album.

I like I Could Break You Heart. The album also tanked.

I always wonder why Mandy couldn't get any success like other 3 princesses.

Even Jessica had her moment of success with In This Skin.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X