No announcement yet.

Jennifer Lopez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just realized that Feelin So Good is not included on the Latin American edition of On the 6. Odd.
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I know I brought this up before, but without a giant streaming hit she would have hard time charting on BB Hot 200. We know she wouldn’t sell anything, and without streaming, she would find her album charting in the lower part of top 100. And I think she cares about that.

Comment

• She'd rather not have an album than releasing one and debuting at #100.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• First world problems, but my On The 6 peach vinyl has been dispatched but is stuck somewhere because of the Royal Mail strikes

Does anyone have it? How much do you love it?

Comment

• ^mine ships from Ireland and they’re taking their sweet time dispatching it

Comment

• I saw it in the store a few days ago but i didn't buy it... On the 6 is not my fave JLo album..but good to see it in vinyl nevertheless

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                First world problems, but my On The 6 peach vinyl has been dispatched but is stuck somewhere because of the Royal Mail strikes

Does anyone have it? How much do you love it?
                I got mine from Amazon UK. The tracklist is not original and it includes songs from the Spanish edition, so it bothers my OCD, but it's nice to have it on vinyl. It's great album.
                When we lose what we love
                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Lopez’s longtime manager, Benny Medina, told me that Lopez has a way of falling in love with whatever she is immersed in at the moment. While she has several films out in the coming months, including the rom-com-with-a-twist Shotgun Wedding this winter and The Mother, in which she stars as an ex-assassin, in the middle of next year, it is this album that pulls Lopez’s enthusiasm at the moment. She says that it will be the most honest work she has ever done, “kind of a culmination of who I am as a person and an artist. People think they know things about what happened to me along the way, the men I was with—but they really have no idea, and a lot of times they get it so wrong. There’s a part of me that was hiding a side of myself from everyone. And I feel like I’m at a place in my life, finally, where I have something to say about it.” She lends me her AirPods so that I can listen to a few rough cuts from the record. There are plaintive, confessional songs, reflections on the trials of her past, upbeat jams celebrating love and sex. As I’m listening, I notice that she has closed her eyes, and she is dancing in her chair and singing along to her own voice. For a moment it occurs to me that she might be treating me to a little performance, but no, she is just so into it.
                  From her interview in the december issue of VOGUE (US)
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• YAS! What we need at this point of her career. BRING. IT. ON!

She's also on the cover page. Stunning as always

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin View Post

So that means that the album is nearly done?

Comment

• I hope that album will be worth the wait. The Marry Me soundtrack was ass.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• TIMT was inspired by Ben and it was masterpiece, so I expect nothing nothing less now

Comment

• Anyway the most exciting part of the interview for ne

Lopez has grand, multimedia plans for her current musical project. She wants to create a musical odyssey in the manner of Pink Floyd’s The Wall, she says—but with a message about hope and love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin View Post

wow!

first of all I am excited about the new movies (the Shotgun movie looks different from the other romcom movies she's done before)

then yesss finally a new album. I hope she releases a Spanish album too.

It's a shame she didn't have a new album out when she did the Superbowl!

Comment

• Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post

So that means that the album is nearly done?
                                I think so? Or at least she has some finished tracks already.

I think she should follow the release path of the 'Love?" era, with the lead single released early in the year and the album in Spring.
                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• I wonder if she’ll ever have another top 40 hit in the US? I don’t know who should she use for a duet to climb back up on the charts, but I’m pretty skeptical of her charting with this future project.

She’ll need a strong first single that will be a hit, or even moderately successful in order for her album to chart within the top 50.

A lot has changed since AKA and overall she had only three songs charting on Hot 100 since 2015. “Back it Up”, “Ain’t Your Mama” and “Dinero”. “Dinero” was 4.5 years ago. This is her biggest gap between the charting singles, only second to “Do It Well” and “On the Floor”, which was a bit over 3 years.

Comment

• Excited but knowing her, I’m scared she’ll scrap this again.

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
                                      Excited but knowing her, I’m scared she’ll scrap this again.
                                      That’s my biggest fear too, but let’s stay positive. It’s her passion project that she’s been working on for quite some time. Apparently, she’s also heavily involved in songwriting process. Plus, the way she’s talking about it implies that the album and even marketing campaign planing are nearly done. According to some insiders, they’ll use TIMT 20th years celebration to launch this project since it’s described as a bookend to that album. Rumored title is This Is Me… Now

Comment

• Sounds exciting

that album title isn’t the most creative If it’s true
                                        very on the nose

Comment

• Even if it is personal, she needs a banger dance lead single.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• New era is coming. Probably an album early next year.

Comment

• TIMT has been upgraded to Dolby Atmos format on Apple Music and it sounds amazing. I also suspect that Still has been rerecorded.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                  Gurl she better come through this time!

Comment

• Yes, insiders confirmed it's the start of new album campaign! SO EXCITING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X