• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JENNIFER LOPEZ FOR KOHL'S FALL 2013 - NEW YORK CITY 14/5/13

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez named chief creative officer of NUVOtv

AP By FRAZIER MOORE

NEW YORK -- Jennifer Lopez is the newly appointed chief creative officer of NUVOtv.

The versatile J-Lo was announced last fall as a creative partner with the English-language Latino network, but her role was solidified Wednesday as NUVOtv held its upfront for advertisers and prepared for a re-launch of its programming in July.

In an interview before the presentation, Lopez said about two years ago she was approached by NUVOtv to serve "probably more as the face of the network. But once we sat down and I started expressing my point of view about the programming and the network, it grew into something bigger."

She said that, with the support of her own production company, she will be involved in marketing, branding and program development.

"A network that reflects the modern Latino experience, but in English, must have the quality that everybody has," she said.

Lopez will also be the subject of a 90-minute biographical special, the network said.

Among new series announced will be "Gotta Dance," a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of professional dancers accompanying Lopez on a world concert tour.

Asked if her on-camera presence is likely to extend beyond those programs, she said yes - "if we find a great show that I would star in anyway. But I always want to do what's right for the network as opposed to using it as a vehicle for myself. That's not the point."

Lopez laughed when asked if she would consider returning to "American Idol," where she spent two seasons as judge on a panel that is currently in turmoil.

"I'm gonna perform there (Thursday) night," she replied. "I don't know what else is gonna happen."

Looking ahead to the July 18 debut of the NUVOtv programming slate, she said, "We've given it enough of a facelift to launch, but we know we have work ahead of us."

Other series announced include "Rodney's Joy," a reality show about Grammy Award-winning producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins as he takes on a new client - his wife, Joy Enriquez - as well as "Mario Lopez: One on One," an interview show.

NUVOtv is available in 32 million homes.

This is a good project for her, but I hope she doesn't try to star in one of their shows. The audience is way too narrow. This is a small network. Hopefully eventually they can grow it into a major one, but for now, she should find a starring project elsewhere, IMO.

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez Live It Up Sneak Peek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UAGprkQEeI

Comment

• Comment

• Can't wait to see her tonight !!

Comment

• Immensely disappointed with the song tbh BUT she is a superb superb live performer. I saw her last year and she really knows how to perform, entertain and put on a big spectacle so I will definitely be tuning in to see her tonight.
              Beyoncé. Mariah. Mary. Janet.

Comment

• Idol performance was blah...

Lip sync (of course as usual)
                Average dancing (just some arm movements, twirls, and walking)

Comment

• Originally posted by hashhashhash
                  Idol performance was blah...

Originally posted by hashhashhash
                  Either way, I can't wait for JLO to perform so I can troll Twitter and Facebook with how crappy her performance was.
                  I see you ;)

Comment

• ^ I saw you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest

Either way, I can't wait for JLO to perform so I can troll Twitter and Facebook with how crappy her performance was.
                      I see you ;)
                      What did you see? My ability to see the future? Cause I was spot on. The performance was god awful. I could have jumped the Mexican border and gotten a better performance from any of the people waiting on the other side to get citizenship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon
                        ^ I saw you too.
                        I knew someone would

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest
                          Originally posted by Eamon
                          ^ I saw you too.
                          I knew someone would

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest

I see you ;)
                            What did you see? My ability to see the future? Cause I was spot on. The performance was god awful. I could have jumped the Mexican border and gotten a better performance from any of the people waiting on the other side to get citizenship.
                            Just stop stirring trouble.

Comment

• If my opinion is too hard for you to handle, leave. And leave your snatched wig on my desk.

Comment

• Ridiculous and woeful song aside, this was decent. She commands the stage for sure. Pitbull can leave though.
                                Beyoncé. Mariah. Mary. Janet.

Comment

• I thought her dancing was a bit...stiff. Maybe it was the choreography...or her age is catching up with her. :(
                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• What a trashy performance on a family show. :-?
                                    Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by cabanaboy
                                      What a trashy performance on a family show. :-?
                                      That and I thought it was very amateur.

JLO's single slips from #41 to #42 on iTunes USA.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanaboy
                                        What a trashy performance on a family show. :-?
                                        That and I thought it was very amateur.

JLO's single slips from #41 to #42 on iTunes USA.

She's up to #29.
                                        Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• Slipped down to #50.

Comment

Slipped down to #50.
                                            You're actually becoming really annoying now.

Comment

• I'm proud to see J Lo sang live, and danced at the same time.
                                              She was so hot I cannot put it into words
                                              She killed it

Comment

• Hash being banned #12....after your recent performance in Jlo and Madonna's thread , soon to be #1.

Comment

• The video looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBoi
                                                    I'm proud to see J Lo sang live, and danced at the same time.
                                                    She was so hot I cannot put it into words
                                                    She killed it
                                                    Her fans on Twitter confirmed it was lip sync just like last year's performance of Dance Again.
                                                    It was expected. Dancing wasn't as good as last year which made performance average at best.

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez looks so gorgeous effortlessly.

Comment

• DId she sing live? I thought it was partly lipped.

What are your rankings of her AI performances/

Mine:

1. On the Floor
                                                        2. Dance Again
                                                        3. Live it Up

Comment

• I hate this 'new' j.lo sound. those dance, euro, hip hop beats.
                                                          IAM INTO YOU was fab and LOUBOUTINS, and god....remmeber back GET RIGHT, GONA BE ALRIGHT ectr?
                                                          YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by jochen
                                                            I hate this 'new' j.lo sound. those dance, euro, hip hop beats.
                                                            IAM INTO YOU was fab and LOUBOUTINS, and god....remmeber back GET RIGHT, GONA BE ALRIGHT ectr?
                                                            JLo was my main bish from her debut to 2005. I catwalk to the introtudction of Get Right and twerk to all her songs when I was a little queen, thinking I rule the universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jochen
                                                              I hate this 'new' j.lo sound. those dance, euro, hip hop beats.
                                                              I believe her new sound is called 'sell-out' music
                                                              You know, when you trade your dignity and artistic integrity for a little bit of success and relevancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X