No announcement yet.

Katy Perry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is very flirtatious but I think the guy is exaggerating stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
      And sorry pulling someone's pants down may be idiotic and lack of manners and poor sense of humour but it is not sexual assault...
      So you wouldn't mind someone pulling down your pants in public then?
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
        So you wouldn't mind someone pulling down your pants in public then?
        Oh sure I would mind. I would be furious actually. But I wouldn't call it "sexual assault".
        jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

Oh sure I would mind. I would be furious actually. But I wouldn't call it "sexual assault".
          You don't think there are situations where that could be called a sexual assault though? Because there definitely are.

Comment

You don't think there are situations where that could be called a sexual assault though? Because there definitely are.
            Oh certainly there are. And it is a very serious crime as well. Which is why it shouldn't be confused with people trying to get their 5 minutes of fame out of nothing.

Comment

• Happy 35th Birthday :>
              Whitney Houston

Comment

• Not many Katy fans about since you know what

Comment

• She released some great songs lately like Harleys In Hawaii, Small Talk, 365 and especially Never Really Over.
                  All of them have great videos too.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Harleys in Hawaii was good. Very catchy. Wonder why radio doesn't seem to want to give her a chance anymore.

Man, she REALLY fell hard after CTTR did just ok, and then Witness flopped. Prism did well, but I still wish she released Walking on Air and International Smile from that era. She might be at 10 #1s if so. Wonder if she'll ever recover.

Comment

• duplicate post

Comment

• I really wonder if her shoe and handbag collection is doing good? Does anyone know? I cannot imagine someone actually buying those. Like she literally designs the ugliest things imaginable. There are probably two itmes on the whole website that are acceptable and that's it
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• It's so weird to see that she's not doing well with her new songs! I mean for the majority of the 2010s she had the most hit singles!

Comment

• I don't understand it either. I really liked her latest songs.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I feel like Katy's "Prism" is like Mariah's E=MC2. Neither album really "flopped" per se, as both produced at least one massive #1 hit...but both were managed so poorly and had bad single choices. I don't get how Katy's team would release "Birthday" and "This is How We Do" (neither of which are bad songs per se), when they could have chosen "Walking on Air" or "International Smile."

And we all know that Migrate is Mariah's lost 20th #1 hit
                                Last edited by Johnson512; Tue January 14th, 2020, 19:28.

Comment

• Prism had Roar and Dark Horse though which were both massive
                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Roar and Dark Horse were indeed massive, but I feel like Walking on Air could've been another #1 for her.

Comment

• Mariah just couldn't sustain the momentum of The Emancipation of Mimi with the Einstein album. In Katy's case, I guess the people started to get tired of the same kind of pop formula she had on, I mean from 2008 to 2014, she had hit after hit after hit. She was bound to fizzle out eventually, it's just so weird to see how none of her singles are clicking anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnson512 View Post
                                        I feel like Katy's "Prism" is like Mariah's E=MC2. Neither album really "flopped" per se, as both produced at least one massive #1 hit...but both were managed so poorly and had bad single choices. I don't get how Katy's team would release "Birthday" and "This is How We Do" (neither of which are bad songs per se), when they could have chosen "Walking on Air" or "International Smile."

And well all know that Migrate is Mariah's lost 20th #1 hit
                                        Don't come after This Is How We Do. It's one of the very rare few songs of Katy's that's cool and actually listenable.

Comment

Don't come after This Is How We Do. It's one of the very rare few songs of Katy's that's cool and actually listenable.
                                          Well like I said, This is How We Do is still a good song, and had a very good video. I think what really killed the album's potential was Birthday (again, not a bad song per se). She's also lucky Dark Horse did so well after Unconditionally sorta flopped (at least by her standards, at the time). I really think Walking on Air or International Smile could have smashed as singles.

Comment

• I don't know what exactly happened but she really fell hard and she's pretty much a flop act these days at the risk of becoming a legacy act in the next few years if she doesn't do something.

She was doing great up until 2014 and then everything went down, "Chained To The Rhythm" did ok as it had the hype coming from "Prism" and that stuff but soon after she just started either underperforming and flopping like if there was no tomorrow. She hasn't had a Top 10 hit on the Hot 100 in a long time despite releasing lots of singles lately, all of them performing quite bad for which I can't find am excuse to defend her considering her closest peers like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele and even the likes of Selena Gomez can still do good and hit the top 10 easily these days, meaning that her condition is the most unfavourable among her peers. Her streaming profile has decreased while her Youtube power also fell tremendously with her last two music videos stalled under 25million views, her last single didn't even crack the Hot 100 and honestly she seems to be doing worse and worse each time she releases something.

Her very public political opinions and views, image / sound change, shady comments towards other artists and Taylor Swift's feud clearly destroyed her.
                                            Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue January 14th, 2020, 16:09.
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I also think her snide comments about Britney's mental health certainly didn't help either. And the whole "political pop" thing with Witness, and then she releases "Bon Appetit" (a song about oral sex) and "Swish Swish" (anti Taylor song). I haven't heard much from her lately, but at the time, she was coming off as someone who was coming unhinged behind the scenes. And sad to say, I dont think her 2017 haircut did her any good.

But "Never Really Over" and "Harleys in Hawaii" were good, catchy songs. So at this point, it just seems radio and GP just dont care about her anymore.
                                              Last edited by Johnson512; Tue January 14th, 2020, 19:36.

Comment

• Not the haircut argument again.

Mainstream just moves on at some point. It's going to happen to Ariana, Billie and other currently popular girls. I'm really interested to see how Rihanna will do with her new project.

Comment

Not the haircut argument again.

Mainstream just moves on at some point. It's going to happen to Ariana, Billie and other currently popular girls. I'm really interested to see how Rihanna will do with her new project.
                                                  Haha I mean, Madonna survived the pixie haircut during the Erotica era. But I think a large portion of Katy's appeal was/is her looks (as much as that's superficial). She is a decent singer/songwriter, but I think she just had really catchy songs and great visuals/videos.

I think Rihanna will still do well and get at least a hit or two off a new album. People really miss her, and she's sorta on the verge of legend status at this point. I think she'll be fine.

Comment

• Truth be told, she hasn't released anything remotely good the past 2 years other than "365". For someone who used to have ridiculously catchy singles, she is just not up to par these days. And let's face it, in terms of singing ability she is way under average so if you don't have great singles, you are just done...

Comment

Truth be told, she hasn't released anything remotely good the past 2 years other than "365". For someone who used to have ridiculously catchy singles, she is just not up to par these days. And let's face it, in terms of singing ability she is way under average so if you don't have great singles, you are just done...

Have to agree here! 365 was good but the rest has been pretty mediocre... certainly not up to par with earlier hits... i got a chance to see her at New Orleans Jazzfest last year and I thought the show was great. I dont know what it is but she is just not clicking anymore. Also, how can someone have as many followers as she does on twitter and hardly any of her new videos crack 20 million views ? whered everyone go?

i think her best hope right now is to feature on a hit edm/house track at this point, or trying to copy dua lipa.. dont see anything else working.. shes just vanilla to most people

Comment

• New Katy:
                                                        Never Really Over

Harleys In Hawaii

The dog song

Comment

• I also feel like Katy sorta lacks a "narrative" and is just seen as generic. Adele is the "real singer," Taylor Swift has the whole good girl sorta gone bad/Kim and Kanye feud (and the feud with not being able to perform her own songs), Arianna is the "rising star with the amazing voice." Rihanna is now a fashion icon where people are like "will she go back to music, and will it be good" anticipation (it'll be good). I guess Katy sorta had it years ago when she was delivering hit after hit and awesome videos. I know she's on American Idol, but that may make her be seen as even more of a has been.

And like others have said, she's not the best singer (she's pretty good), so unless her songs are super catchy like they used to be (instant hits that you'd love on the first listen), they won't gain traction. Never Really Over and Harleys in Hawaii come close, but they're not up with her classics like Teenage Dream, I Kissed a Girl, Roar and Dark Horse (and Walking on Air, which would have been a #1 for her, that's her Migrate).

Comment

Working...
                                                          X