No announcement yet.

Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first take of International Lover that has just been released is better than the album version. Brilliant.

Comment

• (Double post. Delete.)
      Last edited by Brad; Sat November 2nd, 2019, 04:52. Reason: Double Post

Comment

• In honor of the 40th anniversary of Prince’s second album, Prince—which was released on October 19, 1979—The Prince Estate and Warner Records are pleased to announce the surprise release of a previously unheard, solo acoustic demo recording of the Grammy-winning Prince track “I Feel for You,” available on streaming services and as a limited-run 7” vinyl single.

The new two-track single includes the acoustic demo of “I Feel for You” on the A-side and the original studio recording on the B-side, and is available as a Made to Order release exclusively at Prince.com for the next seven days.

The special, stripped-down demo recording captures a 20-year-old Prince in a raw, intimate moment, and begins with the sound of the artist pressing the record button on a cassette tape recorder and picking up an acoustic guitar. The recording was created in the winter of 1978-1979, around the time Prince was preparing to make his solo debut at the Capri Theater in North Minneapolis, and it was recently rediscovered on one of the countless cassette tapes stored in his legendary vault.

The fully produced, studio recording of “I Feel For You” was included on Prince’s second album, Prince. It would become a hit a few years later, when it was covered by Chaka Khan and released as the title track of her solo album, I Feel for You, in 1984. Her version, which featured a cameo by the rapper Melle Mel, became a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned two Grammys—including a Grammy Award for Best R&B Song that honored Prince’s contributions as songwriter.
        >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Prince - “Don't Let Him Fool Ya” recorded in the summer of 1982 at Prince's home studio on Kiowa Trail in Chanhassen, MN. Available on the 1999 Super Deluxe Edition, out November 29, 2019.

Having a studio in his home eliminated Prince’s need to delay any recording sessions, so it was easy for him to let the songs flow when the urge struck. As with many of the recordings on the new Super Deluxe Edition — which includes a total of 23 never-before-released studio tracks from Prince's legendary vault — every part on "Don't Let Him Fool Ya" was recorded by Prince himself, who filled the tape with bass, live drums, two guitars, keyboards and multiple layers of his voice.

Comment

• 25 years of "The Black Album". The album whose release was cancelled last minute in 1987 because Prince thought it was evil. Then they tried to release it in 1994 but it was pulled again two months later. A copy of the album was sold for $ 43k in 2017.

This album is timeless. Maybe Prince wasn’t ready for that slayage himself?
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              25 years of "The Black Album". The album whose release was cancelled last minute in 1987 because Prince thought it was evil. Then they tried to release it in 1994 but it was pulled again two months later. A copy of the album was sold for $ 43k in 2017.

This album is timeless. Maybe Prince wasn’t ready for that slayage himself?
              The deal in 1994 was always for a limited time. Prince didn't want to release it but WB paid a nice little fee to him and he allowed them to release it for a limited time.

Comment

• I got the "Black Album" (1994). I do remember seeing it randomly in Vienna airport and just picking it up. I have to admit I hated it at first and took me years and years to appreciate it. Right now I like it but don't really love it. In retrospect I do think it was cancelled mostly because it was a weak album, despite the fact that it was pretty adventurous. Had it been released it would have easily been his worst 80s album and probably his most forgotten too. As it is, the hype makes up for the lack of memorable material in the album.
                jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                  I got the "Black Album" (1994). I do remember seeing it randomly in Vienna airport and just picking it up. I have to admit I hated it at first and took me years and years to appreciate it. Right now I like it but don't really love it. In retrospect I do think it was cancelled mostly because it was a weak album, despite the fact that it was pretty adventurous. Had it been released it would have easily been his worst 80s album and probably his most forgotten too. As it is, the hype makes up for the lack of memorable material in the album.
                  I do like The Black Album, but I do think Lovesexy is the better album of the two. It probably would have been low-selling since it was going to be a surprise release. As for what happened, apparently, he took some ecstasy and had a bad trip from it. It was a last-minute cancellation too, since WB had already printed up copies to be released a couple days later.

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                      The super deluxe version rocks. I'm loving the unreleased songs. Bring on more super deluxe versions of his albums.

Comment

• Prince is getting an all-star Grammy tribute that will film this month and air in April

Comment

• Comment

• That design looks so good Thanks billbored
                            Last edited by AndiIversen; Sat February 22nd, 2020, 03:42.

Comment

• Prince Estate’s Next Wave of Reissues: ‘Rainbow Children,’ ‘One Nite Alone …’

Prince’s 2001 and 2002 output, including live albums and concert film, to be rereleased April 17th

Prince’s early-2000s output — much of it out of print — is featured in the next wave of reissues from the singer’s estate.

Prince’s 2001 LP, The Rainbow Children, and 2002 studio album, One Nite Alone …, will both be reissued on vinyl for the first time, while two live albums, the four-disc One Nite Alone … Live! and the double-LP One Nite Alone … The Aftershow: It Ain’t Over!, are also set for official rerelease.

All of the reissued LPs — pressed on 150-gram clear (The Rainbow Children) or purple vinyl (the One Nite Alone series) — arrive April 17th. The four albums were initially released on Prince’s own NPG Records, and marked his first LPs since he reverted his name from the “Love Symbol” back to Prince following his legal battle with Warner Bros.

Additionally, the Prince estate and Legacy Recordings will release Up All Nite with Prince: The One Nite Alone Collection, a four-CD/one-DVD set that combines One Nite Alone … Live! and One Nite Alone … The Aftershow: It Ain’t Over! with the out-of-print concert film Prince Live at the Aladdin Las Vegas, documenting his December 15th, 2002, gig. On Thursday, the Prince estate shared “Pop Life” from the Aladdin show:

All of the reissues are available to preorder now at the Prince site.

Comment

• Happy for the reissues to continue. Rainbow Children is an interesting era. Musically, the album is great but I'm not a fan of some of the lyrics on there. I do love "She Loves Me 4 Me" and "Last December."

I'm also happy the aftershow is getting a physical release. That live version of "Joy in Repetition" is aces.

Comment

• I'm so glad we're getting all of these releases now

Comment

• For the past month, the Estate has posted clips from his 2002 Live At the Aladdin show(in fact, the full movie) and now, the Estate and Sony/Legacy Recordings has posted a 4 song sampler EP from that show on streaming services/iTunes:

Comment

• Today is the fourth anniversary of his untimely passing. Miss him everyday!

Comment

• I love "Rainbow Children", "Live At The Aladdin" and "ONA live". I do not like "ONA piano" much but happy I will have it finally in an official physical form. I miss him too and can't believe it has been four years... feels like a year or two tbh
                                        jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

• On the cover of Uncut UK June 2020

Comment

• Prince Estate Announces ‘Prince and the Revolution: Live’ Streaming Event

The Prince estate will stream Prince and the Revolution: Live across three days on YouTube, starting Thursday, May 14th, at 8 p.m. ET.

The concert took place on March 30th, 1985, at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. It marks the first concert footage Prince released, on home video that same year. It will stream digitally for the first time May 15th.

The performance features members of the Revolution, including drummer Bobby Z, guitarist Wendy Melvoin, keyboardists Lisa Coleman and Matt Fink, and others. Bobby Z will partake in a Q&A session an hour before the premiere.

Viewer donations will go directly toward the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. Google will match donations up to $5 million.

Prince and the Revolution: Live Track List
                                            1. Let’s Go Crazy (6:03)
                                            2. Delirious (2:51)
                                            3. 1999 (5:51)
                                            4. Little Red Corvette (3:39)
                                            5. Take Me With U (4:57)
                                            6. Yankee Doodle Dandy (3:53)
                                            7. Do Me Baby (4:51)
                                            8. Irresistible Bitch (1:56)
                                            9. Possessed (4:25)
                                            10. How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore (7:19)
                                            11. Let’s Pretend We’re Married (2:11)
                                            12. International Lover (2:01)
                                            13. God (7:46)
                                            14. Computer Blue (4:15)
                                            15. Darling Nikki (3:30)
                                            16. The Beautiful Ones (6:50)
                                            17. When Doves Cry (9:29)
                                            18. I Would Die 4 U (3:27)
                                            19. Baby I’m a Star (10:57)
                                            20. Purple Rain (19:26)

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• https://www.stereogum.com/2089214/he...-edition/news/

Following last year’s super deluxe expanded reissue of 1999, the Prince estate is once again partnering with Warner Records to give the Purple One’s 1987 double album Sign O’ The Times the same treatment. Sign O’ The Times was born out of the sessions for three different shelved albums, Dream Factory, Camille, and Crystal Ball, so there’s a lot of material in the vault to dig into here. And in addition to a remastered version of the classic original 16 track-album, the super deluxe reissue will include 45 unreleased studio tracks recorded between May 1979 and July 1987.

What else is on the massive 92-track, 8xCD/13xLP reissue? There’s complete live audio of Prince’s 6/20/1987 show at Stadium Galgenwaard in Utrecht and a DVD containing the previously unreleased New Year’s Eve benefit concert at Paisley Park on 12/31/1987, Prince’s final performance of the Sign O’ The Times tour stage show featuring Miles Davis. There’s a 120-page hardcover book featuring Prince’s handwritten lyrics and unseen photographs and archival images. And there’s brand new liner notes from Dave Chappelle, Lenny Kravitz, Prince’s longtime engineer Susan Rogers, Yale professor Daphne A. Brooks, Minneapolis radio host and author Andrea Swensson, and Prince scholar Duane Tudahl.

Besides the super deluxe edition, the reissue will also be available in a smaller 3xCD/2xLP format and as the remastered double album alone. And Third Man Records is releasing a numbered 7″ singles boxed set, limited to 1987 units, containing all four official singles released in 1987, two official Warner Records promo singles, and a brand new single featuring two versions of the previously unreleased track “Witness 4 The Prosuection.” Listen to the first version of that and check out the super deluxe edition’s full tracklist below.

CD1 / LP1: Remastered Album (Disc 1)

01 “Sign O’ The Times”
                                                02 “Play In The Sunshine”
                                                03 “Housequake”
                                                04 “The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker”
                                                05 “It”
                                                06 “Starfish And Coffee”
                                                07 “Slow Love”
                                                08 “Hot Thing”
                                                09 “Forever In My Life”

CD2 / LP2: Remastered Album (Disc 2)

01 “U Got The Look”
                                                02 “If I Was Your Girlfriend”
                                                03 “Strange Relationship”
                                                04 “I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man”
                                                05 “The Cross”
                                                06 “It’s Gonna Be A Beautiful Night”
                                                07 “Adore”

CD3 / LP3&4: Single Mixes & Edits

01 “Sign O’ The Times (7” single edit)”
                                                02 “La, La, La, He, He, Hee (7” single edit)”
                                                03 “La, La, La, He, He, Hee (Highly Explosive) (7” single edit)”
                                                04 “If I Was Your Girlfriend (7” single edit)”
                                                05 “Shockadelica (“If I Was Your Girlfriend” B-side)”
                                                06 “Shockadelica (12” long version)”
                                                07 “U Got The Look (Long Look) (12” edit)”
                                                08 “Housequake (7” edit)”
                                                09 “Housequake (7 Minutes MoQuake) (12” edit)”
                                                10 “I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Fade 7” edit)”
                                                11 “Hot Thing (7” single edit)”
                                                12 “Hot Thing (Extended Remix)”
                                                13 “Hot Thing (Dub Version) ”

CD4 / LP5&6: Vault, Part 1

01 “I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (1979 version)”
                                                02 ” Teacher, Teacher (1985 version)”
                                                03 “All My Dreams”
                                                04 “Can I Play With U?” (Feat. Miles Davis)
                                                05 “Wonderful Day (original version)”
                                                06 “Strange Relationship (original version)”
                                                07 “Visions”
                                                08 “The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker (with horns)”
                                                09 “Witness 4 The Prosecution (version 1)”
                                                10 “Power Fantastic (live in studio)”
                                                11 “And That Says What?”
                                                12 “Love And Sex”
                                                13 “A Place In Heaven (Prince vocal)”
                                                14 “Colors”
                                                15 “Crystal Ball (7” mix)”
                                                16 “Big Tall Wall (version 1)”
                                                17 “Nevaeh Ni Ecalp A”
                                                18 “In A Large Room With No Light”

All tracks previously unreleased

CD5 / LP7&8: Vault, Part 2

01 “Train”
                                                02 “It Ain’t Over ‘Til The Fat Lady Sings”
                                                03 “Eggplant (Prince vocal)”
                                                04 “Everybody Want What They Don’t Got”
                                                05 “Blanche”
                                                06 “Soul Psychodelicide”
                                                07 “The Ball”
                                                08 “Adonis And Bathsheba”
                                                09 “Forever In My Life (early vocal studio run-through)”
                                                10 “Crucial (alternate lyrics)”
                                                11 “The Cocoa Boys”
                                                12 “When The Dawn Of The Morning Comes”
                                                13 “Witness 4 The Prosecution (version 2)”
                                                14 “It Be’s Like That Sometimes”

CD6 / LP9&10: Vault, Part 3

01 “Emotional Pump”
                                                02 “Rebirth Of The Flesh (with original outro)”
                                                03 “Cosmic Day”
                                                04 “Walkin’ In Glory”
                                                05 “Wally”
                                                06 “I Need A Man”
                                                07 “Promise To Be True”
                                                08 “Jealous Girl (version 2)”
                                                09 “There’s Something I Like About Being Your Fool”
                                                10 “Big Tall Wall (version 2)”
                                                11 “A Place In Heaven (Lisa vocal)”
                                                12 “Wonderful Day (12” mix)”
                                                13 “Strange Relationship (1987 Shep Pettibone Club Mix)”

CD7&8 / LP11-13: Live In Utrecht – June 20, 1987

01 “Intro/Sign O’ The Times”
                                                03 “Little Red Corvette”
                                                04 “Housequake”
                                                05 “Girls & Boys”
                                                06 “Slow Love”
                                                07 “Take The ‘A’ Train/Pacemaker/I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man”
                                                08 “Hot Thing”
                                                09 “Four”
                                                10 “If I Was Your Girlfriend”
                                                11 “Let’s Go Crazy”
                                                12 “When Doves Cry”
                                                13 “Purple Rain”
                                                14 “1999”
                                                15 “Forever In My Life”
                                                16 “Kiss”
                                                17 “The Cross”
                                                18 “It’s Gonna Be A Beautiful Night”

DVD: Live At Paisley Park – December 31, 1987

01 “Sign O’ The Times”
                                                03 “Little Red Corvette”
                                                04 “Erotic City”
                                                05 “Housequake”
                                                06 “Slow Love”
                                                07 “Do Me, Baby”
                                                08 “Adore”
                                                09 “I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man”
                                                10 “What’s Your Name Jam”
                                                11 “Let’s Pretend We’re Married”
                                                12 “Delirious”
                                                13 “Jack U Off”
                                                14 “Drum Solo”
                                                15 “Twelve”
                                                16 “Hot Thing”
                                                17 “If I Was Your Girlfriend”
                                                18 “Let’s Go Crazy”
                                                19 “When Doves Cry”
                                                20 “Purple Rain”
                                                21 “1999”
                                                22 “U Got The Look”
                                                23 “It’s Gonna Be A Beautiful Night Medley” (Feat. Miles Davis)

Sign O’ The Times reissue is out 9/25 via Warner Records. Pre-order it here.
                                                Here's Version 1 of "Witness 4 the Prosecution":

Can't wait to own this!​​​​​​​

Comment

• ^LP set for 300 bucks and CD for 160$

they sure are milking the fans

the 45 unreleased tracks seem sweet though

Comment

Working...
                                                  X