No announcement yet.

Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love the third eye girl website and the fact we are getting a song per week. I haven't purchased the video yet but Prince is responsible for the first 4 digital singles I ever purchased and all in the past couple of weeks:

1) Screwdriver remix: em OK, better than the standard version due to the rock guitar solo but still this is an average tune for me 5/10

2) Breakfast Can Wait: nice R&B jam reminiscent of C'me On from "NewPowerSoul". The baby vocals at the end are weird, creepy and nice too 8/10

3) RNR Affair remix: now we are talking. This remix takes an average song and elevates it into a Prince level of perfection. I adore it 9/10

4) Boyfriend demo: and it keeps getting better and better. Funky, filled up with horns, this is classic Prince and I can't wait for a longer version. My song of 2013 so far 10/10
    jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

New song download "A Girl Thang" is out. This is an acoustic ballad which sounds like it came right out of "The Truth" album. It's just Prince and a guitar. Wasn't too impressed on first listen but gave it a second try and it works. Really nice in a melancholic daydreaming kind of way 6/10

Comment

I am surprised at the rapturous reception Screwdriver is getting among a lot of press. The local NPR music station has put it in heavy rotation (I heard Rock N Roll Love Affair once on there when it came out) and Rolling Stone wrote a gushing review. IMO it is something he could do in his sleep and not as good a rocker as some of the stuff he had on LotusFlow3r.
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
          I am surprised at the rapturous reception Screwdriver is getting among a lot of press. The local NPR music station has put it in heavy rotation (I heard Rock N Roll Love Affair once on there when it came out) and Rolling Stone wrote a gushing review. IMO it is something he could do in his sleep and not as good a rocker as some of the stuff he had on LotusFlow3r.
          Yeah, out of the new songs "Screwdriver" is by far the crappiest one. It sounds like "Peach-the sequel" lol. But I do dig the video though, did u see it?

Comment

Good to see there's a thread about this guy. He's an absolute legend that doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
            Subscribe To My Youtube
            Also check out my merch

Comment

Pretty good performances on Jimmy Fallon. Nice of him to throw/break a guitar that wasn't even his after Bambi.

Is he still into the whole Jehovah's Witness thing? He seems more like he was before these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                Pretty good performances on Jimmy Fallon. Nice of him to throw/break a guitar that wasn't even his after Bambi.

Is he still into the whole Jehovah's Witness thing? He seems more like he was before these days.
                I haven't heard him denounce the religion, but I think like a lot of religious-converts, he's probably lightened up compared to his early days in the faith.... kinda like Donna Summer wouldn't sing certain songs for years when she became a born again Christian yet in her latter years was singing Love To Love You Baby again because she could reconcile her religion and singing that specific record whereas for years she wouldn't for religious reasons

Comment

My King!!! So ready for the new album. And i like Fixurlifeup.

Comment

I made a conscious decision to stop listening/buying his songs until the album comes out. I want to have it the old-fashioned way

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                      I made a conscious decision to stop listening/buying his songs until the album comes out. I want to have it the old-fashioned way
                      Same here. There seems to be a new song every two weeks, but after 306 songs and no album date yet, I want to wait to hear it in the context it needs to be heard so the album isn't already "old" to me by the time it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                        Same here. There seems to be a new song every two weeks, but after 306 songs and no album date yet, I want to wait to hear it in the context it needs to be heard so the album isn't already "old" to me by the time it comes out.
                        I've also done the same.

Comment

Prince fans, you have time left to participate in the Top Albums Of The 80s game over in Mad About Music, Seven of his albums are in the running. Read rules here and hope to get your votes in before August 1st.

Comment

Purple Rain was debuted and recorded live 30 years ago today!

Comment

Nice! I Would Die 4 U and Baby I'm A Star were also recorded at that First Avenue show

Comment

Nice! I Would Die 4 U and Baby I'm A Star were also recorded at that First Avenue show
                                If I could time travel, I'd go to that show. Just watched a video recording of the Purple Rain performance again. I actually prefer it without the strings at the end.

Comment

Despite proclaiming that the internet is over, he's discovered Twitter

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... funky.html

Comment

I've been enjoying his tweets. Pretty sure some from the account before were him anyway.

Comment

He has embraced YouTube too. He's started uploading live performances.

I can't believe he posted a video on twitter and told people to watch it before his own lawyers took it down. Crazy.

Comment

We definitely need more Prince fans on UKmix :(

Anyways, Prince released a new single today - Breakfast Can Wait - and unlike other singles he's released from his upcoming album, it's an absolute cracker and funky as hell!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/ ... dwide.html

Comment

He's featured on the song "Givin 'em what they love" on Janelle Monae's album..

the song is okay for me, but his guitar solo is amazing

Comment

I thought 'Breakfast Can Wait' was a parody at first
                                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

I can believe Kylie almost slept with him. Bless her desperation for a US hit. <333333333

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostHeaven
                                                I can believe Kylie almost slept with him. Bless her desperation for a US hit. <333333333
                                                Didn't almost every female star of the 80s/early 90s want a piece of him though?

Comment

Didn't almost every female star of the 80s/early 90s want a piece of him though?
                                                  Indeed LOL

Hell I think even male rock stars wanted to test his royal badness.

Comment

What?

Dirty Kylie, me gusta!

Comment

Prince - "Breakfast Can Wait" (Official Video)

Cool video!
                                                      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Do you think his YouTube police will take his own video down?

It's okay when the dancing starts. The girl dressed as Prince is probably the best thing about it.

Comment

What's the thing with all of his videos being taken down?
                                                          be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Thanks for the useful post, will try search for a few more of his albums i've never heard of.

Prince... hands down an ultimate Legend.

What would your favourite album be and why? or has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

did anyone see jimmy fallon take about his hilarious table tennis game with prince on the jay leno show?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X