No Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Angels

The No Angels are an all-female pop trio from Germany, consisting of band members Lucy Diakovska, Sandy Mölling, and Jessica Wahls. Critically acclaimed, the band has won dozen of awards and prizes since their establishment in the early 2000s, including three ECHOs, a World Music Awards, a NRJ Music Award, two Comets, a Bambi and a Goldene Kamera.

Originally a quintet, the group originated in 2000 on the international television talent show Popstars and was one of the first television-casted acts to enjoy attention throughout Central Europe in the early 2000s. Following a major success with record-breaking single "Daylight in Your Eyes" and debut album Elle'ments in 2001, a series of hit records established their position as one of the most successful female band vocalists to emerge in the early decade. They have since been ranked as both the "biggest-selling German girlband to date" and "most successful girlband in Contintental Europe" by the media, with four number-one hits, three number-one albums and record sales in excess of more than 5.0 million. In fall 2003, the members went their separate ways due to lasting exhaustion, focusing on their individual solo careers in music, theatre, television and film.

In 2007, it was confirmed that four members of the original line-up, excluding original band member Vanessa Petruo, had reformed permanently and were set to record their first studio album in over four years, Destiny (2007). A year after, the group represented Germany with their single "Disappear" at the Eurovision Song Contest 2008, where they finished 23rd in the final voting. After another musical hiatus, the band released a second post-reunion studio album entitled Welcome to the Dance in 2009.[6] In September 2010, Nadja Benaissa officially left the band to due to private reasons, leaving the No Angels as a trio.
    nekoo.cz - follow me

rank my face No Angels member

Vany
    Nadja
    Sandy
    Jessica
    Lucy
    Life tastes better with music

Comment

Welcome To The Dance is one of my favourite albums from last year. So many good tracks! And 'Derailed' could have been a worldwide hit, I tell ya!

Have they split up now after all that business with Nadja? I want WTTD Part 2 please

Comment

I really like No Angels.

I picked up their "Now...Us" album in a German CD shop yesterday for only 3 Euros!

Comment

I really still cannot absorb this, Nadja is very important to No Angels especially after their comeback back in 2007, I don't know what's gonna happen now with them but since they toured back in may as three members and the tour was sold out; I believe they're going on to continue with being No Angels " at least I hope so"

my favorite no angels members:
          1. Sandy
          2. Nadja
          3. Lucy/Jessica
          4. Vanessa ( I liked her during her time as part of the group but not anymore)

Comment

Sandy is pretty. 'Ellements' is one of the best albums for girlbands, which I heard. Epic pop masterpiece. Sandy also have some solo materials. I heard only one her song 'Tell Me', was #1 in my personal chart. I want to learn her music more...
            Heidi Range - Change Your Wicked Ways
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XpC8BEE1I
            Heidi Range, you are my angel and I love you.

Comment

They somehow seemed to lose their shine after Destiny.
              They had a special sound on their first few albums, that you see it's the No Angels.
              Destiny and Welcome To The Dance sounded way too generic, it could've been by every average girl group.
              Plus, Rivers Of Joy, Still In Love With You or Feel-Good Lies were anthems, that you can still hear today.
              While no one will be enthused by songs like One Life or Maybe for more than 2 or 3 listenings (instead you are a fan!)

They are taking a break and so I hope they re-arrive with a smash in their next era, and not something like the last 2 ones, they can't afford something like this AGAIN.
              They really still have the advantage that they were the first winner of Popstars and managed to stay in the business - otherwise they'd be already gone!
              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexZ
                Sandy is pretty. 'Ellements' is one of the best albums for girlbands, which I heard. Epic pop masterpiece. Sandy also have some solo materials. I heard only one her song 'Tell Me', was #1 in my personal chart. I want to learn her music more...
                Then you came to the right place honey..

Me and "Naughty" are the biggest No Angels fans here on this forum, and also biggest fans for Sandy..

Sandy has rleased two studio albums

"Unexpected" - 2004 which is my favourite album ever.

"Frame Of Mind" - 2006 which is a great album as well.

She also was featured on the "Bambi 2" German soundtrack which was released in 2006. There she sang 3 songs "Through Your Eyes", "Alles Lebt" and "Es Fuehlt Sich Nach Fruehling An".

Her single "Living Without You has a b-side, it's a remake from "Prince" called "Sign O' The Times". Also, the version of "Living Without You" is different from the album one.

And I disagree with you Timmy, I think No Angels are creative, they deliver in each album, "Welcome To The Dance" is one of the most underrated albums, I'm sure if it wasn't Nadja's scandal or maybe was sung by someone else, it would've been really huge.
                Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Oh Sandy <3

And I surrprised to see someone says that No Angels materials of the last two albums are okish, they lost their shine not becausr of the materials, it happens to all german artists nowdays, it's difficult to have a hit or successful album, only few can still do that, Welcome to the dance is an album that could've been huge if was released by gaga or rihanna or katy perry.

No Angels all the way.

Comment

I love the song Unnatural Blonde by Sandy! I can't find it anywhere online though!!

Comment

Thanks, No Angels (poster) Very glad to see another No Angels (Group) fan. I remember your old avatar with Sandy
                      I have 3 albums: Ellements, Now Us, Pure.
                      For me: No Angels is my #2 all-time girlband after Sugababes and #1 TV music project.

Comment

Face of Goddess

Comment

Originally posted by AlexZ
                          Thanks, No Angels (poster) Very glad to see another No Angels (Group) fan. I remember your old avatar with Sandy
                          I have 3 albums: Ellements, Now Us, Pure.
                          For me: No Angels is my #2 all-time girlband after Sugababes and #1 TV music project.
                          No Angels are still my # 1.
                          My avatar will get back to Sandy soon after I finish my new country flag promotion "Libya".

Comment

I like Destiny and Dance. Most songs on these albums sounded like big international hits. I like the productions, especially on Dance. One Life is a song I still like to listen to.

BTW, I noticed that you're back for a few weeks now, but I've missed you naughty and NoAngels. Welcome back!

Comment

Thanks a lot Candy, I missed you too

Comment

Originally posted by candyman
                                I like Destiny and Dance. Most songs on these albums sounded like big international hits. I like the productions, especially on Dance. One Life is a song I still like to listen to.

BTW, I noticed that you're back for a few weeks now, but I've missed you naughty and NoAngels. Welcome back!
                                Yes I agree on destiny and dance being very internationally;

and thanx, we missed you too our german buddy.

Comment

In my opinion, those 2 albums could've been sung by every artist of the respective genre, so I miss the special thing that made it sound like a No-Angels-album.
                                  I guess that's the reason why they weren't well-received...
                                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Are they back? My favourite song is "Still In Love With You".

Anyway, i voted for them in Eurovision Song Contest

Comment

Originally posted by greek_boy
                                      Are they back? My favourite song is "Still In Love With You".

Anyway, i voted for them in Eurovision Song Contest
                                      No, hope they will, I really want to hear new stuff, I think an album as a trio, then Solo stuff, they posted hand-written messages as thank for the fans for 10 year of support.

Comment

"Still In Love With You" is such a beautiful song...
                                        If they did something like this, or Rivers Of Joy or Something About Us, they'd be big again, I swear...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Lucy has become my fave now. she has such a great voice.

I really love the No Angels. Destiny (Reloaded) was a really strong album.. the album after that (can't even recall the name of it.. something with dance..) was awful.

vany's only solo hit dramaqueen was really great (there i've said it)
                                          My Chart

Comment

1. I bought 'Very Best'
                                            2. Maybe anybody make Survivors for their albums
                                            (Now Us, Ellements, Pure, Very Best)
                                            3. My favourite songs:
                                            - Send Me Flowers
                                            - There Must Be an Angel
                                            - When The Angels Sing
                                            - Cold As Ice
                                            - Someday

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                                              "Still In Love With You" is such a beautiful song...
                                              If they did something like this, or Rivers Of Joy or Something About Us, they'd be big again, I swear...
                                              They already did:

Someday was a copy of Still In Love With You
                                              Maybe was a copy of Feel Good Lies

I personally think they will never get a hit no matter what they do and release (which is a shame). German pop music is dead for years. Not even "Popstars" winners can get a hit with their first single...

Comment

Exactly. German music died a long time ago, that's really bad.

Comment

Which 5 songs from Sandy are her best in yours eyes?
                                                  Recommend me something.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X