No Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

Glad Vanessa Petruo is out of group becaisebecause she was weak, same about Victoria Beckham from Spice Girls.
    I feel like she was very popular though. If they really enjoy being together as much as they claim, I hope they'll stay around for much longer - All Saints, the Sugababes and the Spice Girls are still active as well. Same for the Backstreet Boys or New Kids On the Block .

-----

'We don't need to reach No. 1. We have high standards for ourselves, but we prefer to enjoy doing what we do as that's more important than chart positions.' (source)
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sun June 6, 2021, 21:14.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

The women were guests at Stern TV. They looked great together and WOW, it's like no time has passed. Jessy looked hotter than ever before.

Comment

love the Rivers Of Joy part
        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

I feel like they've been away long enough for the Germans to learn to sincerely miss them.
          In retrospective, 'Welcome to the Dance' was overshadowed by a bunch of things back then:
          1. 'Destiny' wasn't quite the hit album they probably hoped it to become. There was hype, but the music just wasn't as good as their first three album's songs. That's not a good starting point for a follow-up...
          2. Nadja's HIV illness. Thankfully, the Germans learned to move on because she was treated like a murderer back then.
          3. The ESC flop. Yes, it would've been awesome if No Angels had reached a good placement there, but after years of Germany flopping, it seems like No Angels' result back then isn't standing out in a negative way anymore.

Many artists did dance music at that time, but there was a risk of either doing extremely well on the charts or flopping severely with it. Maybe stronger material would've helped because if we think of the best EDM tracks of the early 10s, we hardly think of 'One Life'.

How ironic that they've returned to No. 1 after 18 years just after saying that they don't care about chart positions anymore ^^ .

Comment

It feels like the most natural comeback... they just look so happy being together! I hope they stay together as a group and can find their place in modern pop music business!
            Life tastes better with music

Comment

Does someone have an extra copy of Welcome to the dance and would like to gift it to me? it is literally nowhere to be found online

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                2. Nadja's HIV illness. Thankfully, the Germans learned to move on because she was treated like a murderer back then.
                well, she was aware she is HIV positive and had a unprotected sex without informing her partners about her status. How do you justify that?
                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by nekoocz View Post

well, she was aware she is HIV positive and had a unprotected sex without informing her partners about her status. How do you justify that?
                  I'm not saying that it's good what she did, but one thing is what she does privately and one what she does on stage. It's the legal system to judge about that, not the consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

---

'We don't need to reach No. 1. We have high standards for ourselves, but we prefer to enjoy doing what we do as that's more important than chart positions.' (source)
                    Btw- this is what should have say Mariah Carey + most obsessed fans lol

btw2- is that you at pic?

Comment

That it shocking. These days you can actually be prosecuted for that. Did she face any legal actions over it ?
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

To No. 2: No, it's not me. It's a singer.

Comment

Originally posted by DC34ever View Post
                          It feels like the most natural comeback... they just look so happy being together! I hope they stay together as a group and can find their place in modern pop music business!
                          i think they are over their pop days, they will either go schlager or ride the pop nostalgia wave
                          nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That it shocking. These days you can actually be prosecuted for that. Did she face any legal actions over it ?

I am actually surprised by her facial expressions, no regret at all.

I believe she was sentenced 2 years in prison
                            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

What Nadja did was stupid and wrong, but her sexual partner acted careless. They had the opportunity to leave. It‘s not like Nadja raped them.

In the end, Nadja received a probation of two years.
                              Last edited by Stronger99; Thu June 17, 2021, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Stronger99 View Post
                                What Nadja did was stupid and wrong, but her sexual partner acted careless. They had the opportunity to leave. It‘s not like Nadja raped them.

In the end, Nadja received a probation of two years.
                                If they did not know that she was HIV positive they could not make an informed decision. Stop making excuses just because she is a female. The double standards are ridicuolus.

Comment

If they did not know that she was HIV positive they could not make an informed decision. Stop making excuses just because she is a female. The double standards are ridicuolus.
                                  It‘s not an excuse, but the men acted wrong and careless as well. Having a one night stand without a full protection is silly.

Comment

It‘s not an excuse, but the men acted wrong and careless as well. Having a one night stand without a full protection is silly.
                                    One thing has nothing to do with the other. It's embarrassing to even attempt to say so.

Comment

Comeback means... all the old stuff comes back again.

so tired of this discussion!

Comment

One thing has nothing to do with the other. It's embarrassing to even attempt to say so.
                                        Well if you think so, good for you. I have a different opinion, now we can move on.

Comment

how do you know it was one night stand? It actually came to light when one of the guys wanted to see her and met her aunt who told him. Then he got tested.

If that happened once, but 4 guys altogether …

nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Not y’all discussing something from over 10 years ago

Celebrate their number 1 album instead

Comment

how do you know it was one night stand? It actually came to light when one of the guys wanted to see her and met her aunt who told him. Then he got tested.

If that happened once, but 4 guys altogether …

Exactly. He has no idea, just cos its one of his fave pop girls its ok. If it was a male star who had done this he would be screaming a different tune.

Trying to blame the guys is just ridiculous.

Comment

Evolution of Girlbands by Carolin Kebekus and No Angels

Comment

I have to say Jessica looks stunning
                                                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Working...
                                                  X