No announcement yet.

Whitney Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep Celine to was 29 or earlier when she recorded her signature songs.

Anyway, this is Whitneys topic. Yay Whitney lol

Comment

Originally posted by Loverboy
      I think it will be a ballad with huge vocals.
      She already did that with "Listen" that imo is as known worldwide as any Mariah Carey signature songs... Singing competition contests prove that

Love whitney!!!
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by hugom2c
        She already did that with "Listen" that imo is as known worldwide as any Mariah Carey signature songs... Singing competition contests prove that
        LOL wrong on so many levels, and so very untrue

Comment

Hmmm, no

In some years you will understand what I mean.

Comment

Her 16 grammis are valid because she is one of the best if not the best Contemp r'n'b female in the last 20 years.
            Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
              Her 16 grammis are valid because she is one of the best if not the best Contemp r'n'b female in the last 20 years.
              So you are trying to say that she deserved 16 grammys and Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Bjork, Tori, Janet, Kate Bush, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Tracy, Cyndi, Cher, Tina, Diana, Barbra, Dolly, Debbie Harry, Brandy, Aaliyah, Mary J., Alicia, Janis and so many others didn't? I consider all those females better than Beyonce btw
              jio CHARTS NOW:27/1/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10339063

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                So you are trying to say that she deserved 16 grammys and Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Bjork, Tori, Janet, Kate Bush, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Tracy, Cyndi, Cher, Tina, Barbra, Dolly, Debbie Harry, Brandy, Aaliyah, Mary J., Janis and so many others didn't? I consider all those females better than Beyonce btw
                No, the thing he's trying to say and you guys are so reluctant to understand is that Beyoncé's work was the best in each category she was nominated for the respective year ! That's simple.

If others didn't win more awards, it's not Beyoncé's fault...

Artists like Avril, Diana Ross and Bjork never won a Grammy. Britney spears won one in 2005. That doesn't mean Britney is superior to the former mentioned. It just means that Toxic was the best dance recording song in 2005. I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough btw is whitney preparing a new album?

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                  So you are trying to say that she deserved 16 grammys and Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Celine, Bjork, Tori, Janet, Kate Bush, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Tracy, Cyndi, Cher, Tina, Barbra, Dolly, Debbie Harry, Brandy, Aaliyah, Mary J., Janis and so many others didn't? I consider all those females better than Beyonce btw
                  No, the thing he's trying to say and you guys are so reluctant to understand is that Beyoncé's work was the best in each category she was nominated for the respective year ! That's simple.

If others didn't win more awards, it's not Beyoncé's fault...

Artists like Avril, Diana Ross and Bjork never won a Grammy. Britney spears won one in 2005. That doesn't mean Britney is superior to those above mentioned. It just means that Toxic was the best dance recording song in 2005. I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough btw is whitney preparing a new album?
                  If the grammys could not find any better artist or song or performance in at least two thirds of the awards she won, it means they didn't look hard enough. Dangerously In Love best contemporary R&B album? Really? Halo best R&B vocal? I mean come on

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                    If the grammys could not find any better artist or song or performance in at least two thirds of the awards she won, it means they didn't look hard enough. Dangerously In Love best contemporary R&B album? Really? Halo best R&B vocal? I mean come on
                    Now that is something I can accept. Cause you're giving your opinion in wich categories she shouldn't have won

Actually, I do agree with you (Halo pop vocal), IIWAB was a better contender and B'Day was very underrated.

Comment

I think it's inappropriate to discuss beyonce's grammy wins in this thread.

Grammies are not a yardstick to measure an artist's impact/artistry or even quality of work and CERTAINLY NOT musicianship.
                      It's voted by a panel who obviously have different tastes.

That Beyonce is not the best female artist of all time(not yet anyway) proves to that effect.

It can be Aretha,Madonna,Mariah/Whitney/Celine/Barbra
                      depending on the various circles of music.

Comment

I'd actually say that Beyoncé is more talented than the likes of Whitney, Mariah and Celine - she is a much more well-rounded act.

Anyway this topic is about Whitney Houston. She definitely had the best voice that ever existed (power, range, soul, personality) and she has influenced so many singers and will do so for a long long time.

Comment

I love how a Whitney thread became a place for Beyonce stans to troll. She has her own thread on this board, does she not?
                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Im in love with So Emotional at the moment ! Love the song CLASSIC
                            P=MC2's Top 20
                            Originally posted by Merci
                            Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

i'm loving Whitney atm!

i just adore 'So Emotional' & 'Didn't We Almost Have It All' & 'All The Man That I Need'.

i wanna watch the Oprah interview again, does anyone have a link that actually works?

Comment

"All The Man I Need" has probably overtaken "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" as my favourite Whitney song.
                                It's just a perfect ballad.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                  "All The Man I Need" has probably overtaken "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" as my favourite Whitney song.
                                  It is... but you should really listen to the original (or just earlier? I'm not sure) version by Sisters Sledge ("We Are Family") it's even better

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                                    I love how a Whitney thread became a place for Beyonce stans to troll. She has her own thread on this board, does she not?
                                    I'm sorry, but I wasn't disrespecteful at all. We were just sharing our points of view and we named specific artists for some examples... nothing wrong with that I think.

Beyonce stans? No, it was just me, no need to generalize.

Besides, I love Whitney too.

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                                      It is... but you should really listen to the original (or just earlier? I'm not sure) version by Sisters Sledge ("We Are Family") it's even better
                                      Couldn't find it on Youtube but listened to a clip on iTunes and it sounds more sensual (is that the right word...hmm I can't think of something else)

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                                        Couldn't find it on Youtube but listened to a clip on iTunes and it sounds more sensual (is that the right word...hmm I can't think of something else)
                                        Yeah my feelings too

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                                          Im in love with So Emotional at the moment ! Love the song CLASSIC
                                          My favourite Whitney song
                                          I like many of her songs though.
                                          Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

Working...
                                          X