No announcement yet.

Shakira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday queen! Shakira will make all Latinos around the world so proud tonight!

Comment

• Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The waka waka part was my favorite!
          loved the dance

Comment

• Really enjoyed her performance!
            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I really regret not seeing her on the El Dorado tour. Tickets were so cheap and readily available. Now that probably wont be the case this time. Plus its over a year away.

Does that mean new english album?

Comment

• Pre register here

https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/shakira2021

Comment

• "Whenever, Wherever" is #1 on iTunes in the US! ​​​​​​​
                    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Shakira's Tongue roll has gone viral and sparked so many memes!

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                        Forever and always!

Comment

• I've loved her for a long time but I was worried. I didn't want JLo to out shine her. Thankfully they both KILLED it
                          It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

• I cannot wait for the 2021 tour.

Comment

Comment

• Girl Like Me - BEP x Shakira | Out next Friday June 19!

Comment

Comment

• I hope it's a new era and one that I like. I was done with Sale el Sol, Shakira and El Dorado after a few spins. Those didn't sit well with me.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I need another Laundry Service/She Wolf from her
                                      Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

• Originally posted by YouMakeMeFeel View Post
                                        I need another Laundry Service/She Wolf from her
                                        YES PLEASE! I'm so bored with her music lately. I need exciting Shakira to come back!
                                        BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                        YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• She's #8 overall and the second highest ranked female artist on Billboard's Greatest of All Time Latin Artists chart.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/gre...-latin-artists
                                          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• more Laundry Service, less She Wolf please
                                              nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• I don’t know why nobody posted this but she also sold the rights to her songs:

Shakira is the latest star to sell the rights to her songs

All 145 of her songs, including Hips Don't Lie, Whenever, Wherever and She Wolf, are included in the deal.

The songs have made her the best-selling female Latin artist of all time, with 80 million records sold worldwide.

The deal was struck with the Hipgnosis Song Fund, which also recently acquired Blondie and Neil Young's music.

Hipgnosis company did not disclose financial details of the sale, but it typically pays the equivalent of 15 years' royalties up front.

With tax relief, many walk away with "about 25 years worth of money in one fell swoop", the company's founder, Merck Mercuriadis, told the BBC last year.

That provides the artists with immediate financial security, while Hipgnosis - which owns the songs in perpetuity - hopes to profit by building new revenue streams for the music via film and TV licensing, merchandise, cover versions and performance royalties.

Why Shakira?

Hipgnosis has been on a billion-dollar spending spree over the last few years, snapping up the rights to music by artists like Nile Rodgers, Blondie, Barry Manilow, Chrissie Hynde and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham.

Shakira's hits came more recently than those "legacy" artists, but she is one of the most successful singer-songwriters of the last 25 years.

Since releasing her first album in 1991, at the age of 13, she has sold more than 80 million records, won three Grammy Awards and 12 Latin Grammy Awards.

Her first English-language album, Laundry Service, was bought by more than 13 million fans in 2001, while her hit singles include Whenever, Wherever, Underneath Your Clothes, Hips Don't Lie and the 2010 Fifa World Cup song Waka Waka (This Time For Africa), which topped the charts in 15 countries.

The star's most recent album, El Dorado, was certified diamond in the US. She is one of only three female artists to have two videos exceeding two billion views on YouTube. And her latest single, Girl Like Me, has spawned a viral dance craze on Tik Tok.

Last year, she starred in the Super Bowl half-time show alongside Jennifer Lopez, giving her song catalogue a further boost - and increasing its value to investors.

"She is a superb creator who has led the charge from what was massive physical success to now having bigger success in streaming than most of her contemporaries," said Mercuriadis in a statement.

"This is the result of her being a determined force of nature and having written songs the world is incredibly passionate about."
                                                https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55645178

Also she turned 44 yesterday.

Comment

• According to a reliable insider, the album would have rock sounds mixed with "modern pop" so wait and see ^^

Comment

• I hope red hair will bring new energy and goooood music. I just hope she doesn't try to fit in nowdays latin music.

And I think at this point english album is not something she was priority to do at all...
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X