Missy Elliott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    Who handed her that award? Queen Latifah?
    Yep. Michelle Obama did a video introduction though.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
      I’ve been ready for over a decade, she’s my favourite artist of all time, I thought we were getting somewhere with WTF
      Don’t get me started sis!!! I need that album...pronto!!!
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Although everything on the later albums wasn’t 100% gold, I loved that each album had a definite feel and theme.
        1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          Yep. Michelle Obama did a video introduction though.
          Oh wow talk about being in good company
          Forever Young

Comment

• https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...ew-album-2019/

She is working on a new album.

How does she look better this decade than she did last decade?? She’s aging backwards
            Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon July 15th, 2019, 16:34.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ^^
              Wow, she is absolutely stunning!! I really do hope we get a new album from her, we could really use her energy right now
              The sands of time fade into dark
              Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
              A message to madness
              Feel music that's realness

Comment

• I try to be happy at the fact that she's working on a new album, but after all the false hope in previous years it's like my body has activated a defensive mechanism which prevents me from feeling any type of excitement.

That being said: She looks stunning on the cover!

Comment

• Her platinum certified debut album "Supa Dupa Fly" which peaked at #3 in the US was released 22 years ago today.

Comment

• 22 freaking years of Supa Dupa Fly? WOW, I'm an actual old person. Loved the electronica influences, it was clear that she, Timbaland and other hip-hop producers of the time were listening to heady beatmeisters like Aphex Twin and Bjork. Speaking of whom, anybody notice how Da Real World was sort of a hip-hop take on the beats-and-string aesthetic of Homogenic? Missy and Bjork have a kind of kinship that's been sweet to witness over the years. My wacky genius beat queens supporting each other, I love it!
                    A message to madness

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Btw, with "visual albums" becoming more and more popular... is it too much to ask for one from the Queen of visuals Miss E?

I know, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. I should be grateful when she finally puts out an album, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          Btw, with "visual albums" becoming more and more popular... is it too much to ask for one from the Queen of visuals Miss E?

I know, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. I should be grateful when she finally puts out an album, period.
                          I am beyond here for a Missy visual album....omg...I'm literally drooling!
                          A message to madness

Comment

• she better be honoured at the vmas this year
                            Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                              she better be honoured at the vmas this year
                              Your wish has been granted. She will be honored with the Video Vanguard Award at the 2019 VMAs.

Comment

• ^ABOUT DAMN TIME.
                                AN ICON.
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Finally!!

Comment

• Totally deserved.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                      22 freaking years of Supa Dupa Fly? WOW, I'm an actual old person. Loved the electronica influences, it was clear that she, Timbaland and other hip-hop producers of the time were listening to heady beatmeisters like Aphex Twin and Bjork. Speaking of whom, anybody notice how Da Real World was sort of a hip-hop take on the beats-and-string aesthetic of Homogenic? Missy and Bjork have a kind of kinship that's been sweet to witness over the years. My wacky genius beat queens supporting each other, I love it!
                                      She did sample Bjork in Hit Em Wit Da Hee.

Comment

• About damn time she got that award. And I’m hoping that she‘ll use the promo to finally put out her album. More than ready for it!

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                          About damn time she got that award. And I’m hoping that she‘ll use the promo to finally put out her album. More than ready for it!
                                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
                                            She did sample Bjork in Hit Em Wit Da Hee.
                                            Indeed, the first time I heard that mix and that "Joga" sample kicked in...pretty much started flying like Missy does in the video. HEWDH was a good primer for Da Real World era sound
                                            A message to madness

Comment

• This is a really good year for her!

She should take advantage of it and release the album. It would be a shame if she wasted it like Janet did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                ^ABOUT DAMN TIME.
                                                AN ICON.

Comment

• That’s the closest Björk came to having a hood anthem
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• So overjoyed with this!!! I've been a fan from day 1 (well since One In A Million). I can cry!!!
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X