Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West

I personally don't think its too early, considering that "this summer" implies a release date of no later than 5 months time. But if a moderator disagrees, then they can lock the topic.

So the world's most egotistical and (IMO) overrated hip hop act has decided to drop another album, inside of 8 months, by the sounds of things. I hope he scores awful critic reviews (not that that matter to me) and sells as poorly as he is at the moment.

Or, he can make me happy and release something along the lines of Goldigger

So the world's most real and (IMO) underrated (mainstream) hip hop act has decided to drop another album.

Bound 3

Comment

at the hate.

I don't want him to be releasing another album when his current album deserves to be massive and has several more potential singles on it! This thread will get shut anyway since there's no title.

Comment

You shouldn't need a date, or a title. We have been told that an album is coming this summer, which is a matter of months away.

More details will be made apparent as the weeks progress. And given Kanye's addiction to Twitter, and not being able to keep his big fat gob shut, we'll probably know every detail regarding the album inside of 5 days.

Comment

More details will be made apparent as the weeks progress. And given Kanye's addiction to Twitter, and not being able to keep his big fat gob shut, we'll probably know every detail regarding the album inside of 5 days.
          What a dickface to tell us things like that
          Bound 3

Comment

Originally posted by Molattow
            What a dickface to tell us things like that
            I know. That's why I'm saying the topic should remain open

Comment

You've got such a bad attitude :-?

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                Oh please I've every right to stake my inherrent dislike of this man as a person and the music he makes, as those stan in the Britney threads and that worship her like she's the second coming of Elvis Presley or John Lennon.

I admitted that I'd like something reminiscent of Goldigger in the original post, or did you skip past that and just read what you wanted to read?

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne
                  Originally posted by alxx
                  Oh please I've every right to stake my inherrent dislike of this man as a person and the music he makes, as those stan in the Britney threads and that worship her like she's the second coming of Elvis Presley or John Lennon.

I admitted that I'd like something reminiscent of Goldigger in the original post, or did you skip past that and just read what you wanted to read?
                  No one talked about rights. You got the right to say whatever you like, that doesn't change your attitude.
                  Bound 3

Comment

I do have to lock this I'm afraid because of the "no title, no thread" rule.

Comment

Moved to General Artists Discussion, and turned into a general Kanye West topic as we didn't have one before.
                      Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Originally posted by Molattow
                        No one talked about rights. You got the right to say whatever you like, that doesn't change your attitude.
                        At least I can reply to this now.

Kanye West has a bad attitude, I just don't like him; the man is a real jerk. A bad attitude would be me not acknowledging that he's made some fantastic music, some classics (so essentially, anti-stanning) - he has made some fantastic music, I've said that.

Comment

Hi guys, I came across these two CDs. I'd love to have Good Friday songs in CD quality but this looks like a bootleg :-?
                          Anybody knows what it is?
                          Crazy In Love [2003], Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) [2008], Schoolin' Life [2011]
                          Nobody does oh-oh like Beyoncé

Comment

Originally posted by pomporella
                            Hi guys, I came across these two CDs. I'd love to have Good Friday songs in CD quality but this looks like a bootleg :-?
                            Anybody knows what it is?
                            It is most likely some bootleg compilation. @ replying to you almost 2 monts later.

Sit back and ENJOY.
                            I wish i had been there, but hopefully I'll be seeing Kanye live on August 5th. Still have to find someone to go with me though (it will be hard since most people actually dislike him - and I blame MTV for that).
                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

He just tweeted

Kanye West

GOODMUSIC.THE ALBUM.SPRING2012

1 hour ago

Comment

YES release them albums annually!
                                I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

I just read Molattow's EPIC post in the legend thread! You STAN for Kanye, I love it!

Let's discuss favourite tracks!

I always find this one hard as the singles on this album are just EPIC. Through the Wire introduced me to Kanye solo though so it'll always have a place in my fave list!

Easily Roses. I've listened to that song endlessly, so so beautiful!

Flashing Lights. My fave Kanye song ever. The beat is so amazing.

This album, for me, isn't good to listen to each track individually. I only appreciate it when listening as a whole body of work. I do like to groove when Paranoid comes on though.

Very tough but Monster is just too epic to ignore.

Comment

Oh, thanks

I have to agree with you on every point, except for MBDTF/Monster.
                                    (I totally forgot about Through the Wire in the legends thread, maybe because I played it to death
                                    The first time I got into Kanye was when Graduation was dropped, and when I discovered his other Albums Through the Wire helped me alot to get into the different mood of that album)

Especially Roses is sadly totally unknown, while it should actually be a signature song of Kanye.

About MBDTF. I think "Hell of a Life" is a song that actually would deserve the title H.A.M.
                                    It puts me in such a great mood almost IMMEDIATELY.
                                    Bound 3

Comment

My favorite track from Kanye is gotta be "Good Life" featuring T-Pain, it should've won a Grammy instead of "Umbrella" but oh well. The song is just epic, the beat is epic, he sounds epic and T-Pain's autotone doesn't sound annoying on this one surprisingly.

"Gold Digger" is pretty nice as well.

I also stan for his verse in Katy Perry's "E.T." which is IMO very underrated because seems like many people hate it.

Comment

I LOVE his verse in ET. I turn the song off after he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                                          +1 I love the rap on American Boy its pretty epic too my aunt who hates rappers was like "hey that's a pretty good song I guess the world does have at least one decent rapper"

Comment

Originally posted by fearlesswift13
                                            +1 I love the rap on American Boy its pretty epic too my aunt who hates rappers was like "hey that's a pretty good song I guess the world does have at least one decent rapper"
                                            He sounds pretty good in "American Boy" but the whole song is just pretty annoying.

Comment

The College Dropout
                                              SO HARD!!! Tied with MBDTF as his best album to me, but I think "All Falls Down" is my favourite! ("Never Let Me Down", "Through The Wire" and "Family Business" gave me an extremely hard time though).

Late Registration
                                              Roses / Diamonds From Sierra Leone Remix (I can't decide between both, but "Heard 'Em Say" comes in 3rd).

Graduation
                                              Between "I Wonder" and "Flashing Lights"... Flashing Lights!!!!

808s & Heartbreak
                                              Say You Will

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
                                              Power of course. It's Ye's best song to date!
                                              (But "Monster", "Hell Of A Life", "Blame Game" are unbelievably fantastic).

Unreleased Tracks
                                              Christian Dior Denim Flow

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                                                Originally posted by fearlesswift13
                                                He sounds pretty good in "American Boy" but the whole song is just pretty annoying.

"American Boy" is so damn GOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by BLover
                                                  The College Dropout
                                                  SO HARD!!! Tied with MBDTF as his best album to me, but I think "All Falls Down" is my favourite! ("Never Let Me Down", "Through The Wire" and "Family Business" gave me an extremely hard time though).

Late Registration
                                                  Roses / Diamonds From Sierra Leone Remix (I can't decide between both, but "Heard 'Em Say" comes in 3rd).

Graduation
                                                  Between "I Wonder" and "Flashing Lights"... Flashing Lights!!!!

808s & Heartbreak
                                                  Say You Will

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
                                                  Power of course. It's Ye's best song to date!
                                                  (But "Monster", "Hell Of A Life", "Blame Game" are unbelievably fantastic).

Unreleased Tracks
                                                  Christian Dior Denim Flow
                                                  I always forget "I Wonder" that was my most played song for like 2 years I've always wondered who is that guy that sings on it I've been wanting to check out some of his material for awhile. THat song is pure epicness

Comment

Working...
                                                  X