Gwen Stefani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
    I've been listening to both of her solo albums loads recently. They both sound so fresh still.

I think Gwen is one of the best pop artists of the last 20 years. She's so versatile and has tried like all the genres. For my generation, before the Rihanna's, Lady GaGa's, Katy Perry's etc, it was Gwen Stefani pushing the boundaries of music and style!
    I have a new favorite poster.

If all the pop music out there had the versatility as that of Gwen's solo albums, I would have liked that genre a lot more.

I just cherish her two eras so much. Fun, catchy, great music, cool imagery and style. Finest moments of the noughties.

Comment

I adore the slower tracks on 'The Sweet Escape'. I think although her really fun uptempo's will go down as her memorable solo hits, she really shone on songs like '4 In The Morning' and 'Cool'.

Comment

I adore the slower tracks on 'The Sweet Escape'. I think although her really fun uptempo's will go down as her memorable solo hits, she really shone on songs like '4 In The Morning' and 'Cool'.
        I agree with Cool but 4 In The Morning always has been in the shadows of Early Winter!

Considering what great and influential albums LAMB and The Sweet Escape were, I really wonder why they were never sold more and never got the image of "successful" albums!
        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
          Considering what great and influential albums LAMB and The Sweet Escape were, I really wonder why they were never sold more and never got the image of "successful" albums!
          In fact, L.A.M.B. is considered a very successful album. Gwen hasn't been active since many years, so you might feel she didn't achieve enough success. But 7.5 million of LAMB and 3.5 million of TSE is definitely a very big achievement.

More than the sales, its the impact her music had on Pop music that truly depicts the success of her solo career.

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk

More than the sales, its the impact her music had on Pop music that truly depicts the success of her solo career.
            This is so true! I read so many interviews with new artists and I think the 2 contemporary artists that get the most mentions for influences are Gwen Stefani and Beyoncé.

Comment

So sad she talked trash about her own material...

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy
                So sad she talked trash about her own material...
                She did? I hate it when artists do that!

Even if you don't like some of your old stuff you should just say 'it was the right thing at the time'.
                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

I want another classic from her. When she dropped Hollaback, the pop industry was never the same imo lol
                  Diva!!!

Comment

The baddest chick in the game performed 'Hollaback Girl' at Coachella and Pharrell hinted that she may be working on some new solo music! #prayforyourfaves

WATCH

Comment

Hide your faves, Gwen is coming!!!!!!!
                      not before 2015 I guess...
                      I'd like to think that we live in a kind of motion
                      Where our hands and feet are here to stay

Snakadaktal (2009-2014)

Comment

OMG the slayage is coming
                        Please God let this be real!!!

Comment

I'm a big Gwen Stefani fan. I have all of the No Doubt albums and her solo albums.
                          The winds might blow through me
                          But I don't care

Comment

I really hope she goes solo again, and I'm so happy that she performed 'Hollaback Girl' as one of the comments on this page worried me that she doesn't like her old music - seems she still does! I'm glad because it's amazing - she is the baddest b!tch and her solo career is some of the best pop music of the past 10 years.

I'm wondering whether there is going to be a 10th anniversary thing for L.A.M.B. - can't believe it's been 10 years

Comment

I'm wondering whether there is going to be a 10th anniversary thing for L.A.M.B. - can't believe it's been 10 years
                              2004 is 10 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Play
                                2004 is 10 years ago
                                Oh wow!

L.A.M.B is one of the best pop albums of all time

Comment

her solo career is some of the best pop music of the past 10 years.
                                  +100^10

The album has aged so well and WYWF? is def in my Top 3 pop songs of the 2000s.
                                  Can't freakin' wait!
                                  I'd like to think that we live in a kind of motion
                                  Where our hands and feet are here to stay

Snakadaktal (2009-2014)

Comment

OMG I need another epic album like LAMB!!!!!!!!!

LAMB is def one of the best pop albums of 2004, and in last decade too. One of my favs for sure of all time too!

WYWF is too epic for words

Cool <3

Hollaback Girl <3

Harajuku Girls, Crash... Bubble Pop Electric... so many amazing songs!
                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

YES Gwen, go solo! Even the LAMB leftovers made a decent album.

Comment

Hollaback Girl is probably the best pop song of the last 20 years.
                                        Diva!!!

Comment

The baddest chick in the game performed 'Hollaback Girl' at Coachella and Pharrell hinted that she may be working on some new solo music! #prayforyourfaves

WATCH

She worked with Pharrell on No Doubt material aswell though.
                                          I am not holding my breath yet, but it would be great! Add Fergie back with an arrival and I would die from happiness!

Comment

We defo need new ratchet Gwen setting our faves on fire

Originally posted by Jesper
                                            Add Fergie back with an arrival and I would die from happiness!
                                            +1

Comment

I can't at these 2 vampires looking like it's still 2004
                                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

I'm here for the flyest white girl ever's return tbh.

Show these other psuedo hood bop bishes how it's done Gwenny.
                                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Something has to be coming, she's posted new photos on her fb with a new logo - the styling looks like new era

Not a fan of the new look

Comment

This woman never ages

Comment

Working...
                                                    X