No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's getting more grammys for folklore. It's really good and quite refreshing. Her writing is now even better. A true storyteller.

Comment

• I'm in love with this album

Comment

• Does some kind soul (or souls) want to give me an album ranking so I can see what the big fuss is all about? I saw her live once and she was alright, I think the song was Blank Space.

I loved LWYMMD and RFI.
        Last edited by menime123; Sat July 25, 2020, 20:35.
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• 1. reputation
          2. 1989
          3. Lover / Red
          4. Red / Lover
          5. Speak Now
          6. Taylor Swift
          7. Fearless

Don’t know where I’d rank Folklore yet
          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Y'all can mostly hate reputation, but it's still home to her best song. Miss Delicate FTW.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
              Y'all can mostly hate reputation, but it's still home to her best song. Miss Delicate FTW.
              It is home to her best song but its name is Look What You Made Me Do.
              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The 1 must have be one of the best songs I’ve heard in years. It right up there with Alanis’ Reason I Drink. The album just gets better and better and I find new appreciation to the songs. It’s like Taylor takes on Stevie Nicks, Edie Brickell and you can fill in the blank ____ with just about any other influence except that Taylor always does it her way and she made something great yet again.

Comment

• 1989 & Lover are her best albums imo. I hate Reputation, i won't even rank it. As for Folklore, it'll take too long for me to get into it, but once i do, i'm sure i'll love it.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 1. reputation (Delicate is the best song she's ever recorded)
                    2. Folklore
                    3. 1989
                    3. Fearless
                    4. Red
                    5. Speak Now
                    6. Lover
                    7. Taylor Swift

Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• After an intense week of spinning Folklore I think I’d rank:

8. Taylor Swift - Tweeny country was never really my thing, in fact I never really got into Taylor until she turned pop. Not a bad album at all, but feels oddly false now, like she was putting on a country disguise.

7. Fearless - Again, the cute country sound wasn’t really for me. I did think it was a step up from her debut though and I especially liked the more crossover hits like Love Story, Fearless and YBWM.

6. Speak Now - While it didn’t quite have some of the highs as Fearless did I thought SN had some of her best written songs (Mine, Dear John) and I liked the more anthemic and chunkier production (Sparks Fly, SOU) that was missing from her first two.

5. Red - This was the moment I started to really like Taylor and we were introduced to the massive pop star she is today. It includes my favourite Taylor song (All Too Well - sorry, I’m basic I know) and a lot of other high points (SOG, IKYWT, WANEGBT). The problem I think with Red was that it was all just a little all over the place and overly long. Even in the track list we seemed to get pop song - country song - pop song - country song.

4. Lover - Lover was a great album but like Red I thought it was overlong and a bit inconsistent style wise. I would say it’s a more enjoyable listen overall though. Some of the deep cuts like False God and Cornelia Street stand with some of my favourite Taylor songs.

3. Reputation - This seems to be her most divise album and a lot of people call it her worst. I loved it however! It’s bombastic pop for sure but I never really knew why that was a bad thing?

2. 1989 - Her pop high point and should be a lesson on how to run a successful era. Singles on point, promo on point, videos on point, tour on point. Even her #squadgoals and wardrobe were fire. She was unstoppable during 2014/15. It’s definitely the Taylor album I come back to the most. Blank Space and Style are JEMS.

1. folklore - I didn’t think she would top 1989 but she has! And in a completely different way then I thought she would. I adore this album. The songwriting is just incredible and there are no bad songs at all. I feel genuinely moved when I listen to it.
                      "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• Taylor talking about easter eggs during the "Lover" era. That woman is basically one big easter bunny. It's mind blowing that she started doing this in her debut era already. I never noticed the easter eggs in her album booklets wow. She also said that many easter eggs in the LWYMMD video have still not been figured out yet.

I love her and I love how much fun she’s having with this. Her obsession with number 13 and cats is so adorable.
                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri July 31, 2020, 16:26.

Comment

• My ranking of her albums would be:

8. Taylor Swift
                          7. Fearless
                          6. Lover (too much basic happy pop for my liking)
                          5. Speak Now (great songwriting)
                          4. 1989 (i don't to back to this often - again very commercial pop which I don't enjoy listening to over and over again)
                          3. Red (All Too Well!)
                          2. reputation (her best pop album for sure: Delicate, DWOHT, CIWYW are some of her best songs ever).
                          1. folklore (we'll see how this stands the test of time but it's fantastic!)
                          One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Absolutely NOBODY is doing it like her!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I’m Mrdaloren, I’ve been reading you since this era, it’s great to read you and getting so many cool news and fresh points of view regarding Taylor. I truly appreciate it.

Lemo, I like your analisis. I know it’s your personal feelings about the albums, but in certain points I feel different (haha, that’s the good things about personal opinions, they all count). I feel like sharing my own feelings towards her music, starting to something I saw in your analisis with what I disagree.

I find funny you see her country side as a disguise and false, saying you don’t even like country. I think we all (I’m the first) like to categorize her and put her into boxes and lable her, when she probably it’s just “everywoman”, and leans towards one side or the other depending on so many factors. That doesn’t make her more fake or honest, despite we all got the Taylor that feels more organic and truthful in our opinions.

I see her changes as a normal evolution. Considering her roots and style of writting, I feel country is organic and such a part of hers that lasts til today. I think it’s authentic, not fake at all. Her evolution came with growing. Chances are she became more pop for different reasons too. Maybe to investigate and to learn how to do other things she liked too, or to prove herself and naysayers she could do it and do it better than anyone (she’s a perfectionist, we all know that). Chances are pop represented better the moments she was living. The fame, the media, the hate... it feels like the styles she leaned into in the Reputation era where perfect for that.

Now, this new step feels to me really organic in terms of coming in touch with herself after all the previous eras. Despite she may me writing about made up fictional characters, it feels absolutely honest and organic. It’s like taking a step ahead but bringing back so many of her classic songwriting elements.

This era, despite its lack of country songs, it keeps the storytelling on point. She tells storys with beginning, middle and ending, it’s pretty characteristic of country. And it brings back some of her classic in crescendo movie like songs, in wich the song builds up and burst into its climax at the brigde, telling us how the movie/song “do or death scene” happens and how it ends.

I find funny how most of her new indie likers (not like you ir the people who know for real her catalogue) seem to think this is a new taylor. Obviously it’s a step further into the indie territory, but she’s written this kind of tracks forever and, as I’m saying, the structure and techniques composing lyrics and songs go back to the first record. Cardigan brings me back to Love Story in so many ways and even to That’s the way I love you.

Some of her new tracks has her old style essence so clearly I just smile when people think she’s new and so cool, cause she was always this good, they just didn’t like her pop, mainstream, country or whatever label she had on her at the time. It’s like their dislike towards certains kinds of music didn’t allow them to see the good songs underneath.

Sorry for the big speech (and any bad english, I’m from Spain and english is not my first language)

Comment

• Ok wow I've never seen this. This is awful. She was literally begging and yelling for Ellen to stop and was about to cry. And everyone was just laughing at it.

Comment

• It's very misogynistic and not funny at all

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She's such a sweet, generous angel. We don’t deserve her.

Comment

• I want her to attend events in November with the Democratic Party. She has a following and she can influence.

Comment

• I now see that sit down with Ellen very differently. Most people in Hollywood aren’t on Taylor’s level. She’s far too intelligent and intellectual for them and they just don’t get it.

Comment

• What a lovely gesture she did for local record stores.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I found a cool video showing all of Taylor's Billboard Hot 100 chart runs since '06. Watching was like going down memory lane.

Comment

• theMathematician
                                                  theMathematician commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  I love how almost all her singles (bar 'Out of the Woods', and 'The Man's popularity was for a short period, too.) had their time to shine and were "her" song of the moment. Great success over the period of 15 years.

Comment

• Taylor Swift deserves all the success she’s has because she’s earned it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X