• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate Nash

No topic?

Anyway, anyone know the latest?
    I'd like a new album. Her 2nd was was appalling

First album was my fave of 2007, second album was my fave of 2010, though there were a couple of tracks I'm not as keen on there.

Last I heard she was still touring.
    1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Her second album was far from appalling, it just wasn't as consistent as her first!

She needs to go back to the style and look of the first for me, even if it's just to sell records! She looks beautiful there!
      Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

Originally posted by king_oxymoron
        Her second album was far from appalling, it just wasn't as consistent as her first!

She needs to go back to the style and look of the first for me, even if it's just to sell records! She looks beautiful there!
        I agree with the styling comment, but I just found her second album a bit uninspired.

I LOVED the songs 'Paris' and 'Do Wah Do', and thought its video, and the 'Later On' vid were cool, but thats it

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy
          First album was my fave of 2007
          +1

I was majorly disappointed by the follow-up last year. But it grew on me a few months ago.

I hope she doesn't take long for the next one.

Comment

How come everyone started to hate her and Radio 1 started taking the piss out of her?

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
              How come everyone started to hate her and Radio 1 started taking the piss out of her?
              I know, Radio 1 was really backing her at first, and I remember one show between albums where they played Foundations and were asking when she would be returning....they playlisted Doo Wah Doo and then, considering her style between albums didn't change too much at all, they just took a big u-turn on her.

Comment

So yesterday for Record Store Day she released a new single, "Thing Kids Theme". Has anyone heard it yet?

Comment

WOAH, didn't know about it.. I'll get back to you..

Comment

Well that was very different...

Comment

"Written and recorded in less than 24 hours". It shows! I'm 90% sure she's taking the piss with this song though.

Comment

Originally posted by RightToDream
                        I'm 90% sure she's taking the piss with this song though.
                        +1

I tried listening to it for a second time...tried...

Comment

And yet it's better than a third of what's in the charts right now.

Comment

Just heard that new track, what on earth has she done? She's got the whole Riot grrrl thing all wrong, it's awful.
                            late.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                              love it! thats awesome! together with "Carolines A Victim" the best kate nash song. much better than "foundations".
                              my charts:
                              http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... &start=375

Comment

"Written and recorded in less than 24 hours". It shows! I'm 90% sure she's taking the piss with this song though.
                                It's not difficult to write and record a sing in less than 24 hours. I have got songs which I wrote in half an hour or even less - I didn't record a song so far, but I'm sure this wouldn't take me 23 hours.

@Under-estimate the girl: Horrible!
                                Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                                  It's not difficult to write and record a sing in less than 24 hours. I have got songs which I wrote in half an hour or even less - I didn't record a song so far, but I'm sure this wouldn't take me 23 hours.

@Under-estimate the girl: Horrible!
                                  Oh, I know. Recording is what I do
                                  You can tell it's not a particularly developed idea and the mixing is off.

The song has grown on me a little; it's not good though.

Comment

I really hope she is taking the piss with it!!

I do like her riot grrl style songs on 'MBFISY', but this is sooo bad.

Her voice is horrible in it.

What are you doing Nashy :(
                                    Life is beautiful around the world

Comment

Bloody awful. What language is that?
                                      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Looks like she has lost it!

She is getting SO slated on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                                          Someone sounds inspired. ;) I like it, you lot are such lightweights.
                                          My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Actually I love it!! Because it is quite different for her, it feels a little contrived right now though. :-?

Comment

She's absolutely not taking the piss.

It's awful. But it won't be on the album at least.

Comment

I think I'm the only one who likes it!

Comment

I used to love Kate, but find her quite grating recently. I wish she'd just get in the studio and make a great album, rather than popping up EVERYWHERE voicing her opinion :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92
                                                    I used to love Kate, but find her quite grating recently. I wish she'd just get in the studio and make a great album
                                                    She is from what I've heard!

Comment

She can be grating but she is making the third LP. I have actually warmed to her again for doing something worthwhile in sticking up for Pussy Riot, plus she is looking BRILLIANT of late.

Comment

From Wikipedia:

Nash is set to be releasing an EP in October 2012, with the first single being 'Death Proof', a song inspired the Quentin Tarantino film of the same title. A full album is due to be released a few months after this.

Any concrete source for this?

Comment

I read something similar elsewhere but can't remember where.

I can't remember if I put this anywhere but in some capacity she is working with WILLOW SMITH, and also Nicole Richie did a tweet about how stylish she was!

Comment

Working...
                                                          X