- Ride
          - The Blackest Day
          - Cruel World

Comment

• Re: Lana Del Rey

Ride
            Born To Die
            Honeymoon

Ugh I need another album, Lust For Life was such a non event for me :(

Comment

• Originally posted by LongingHeart

Why? :(

I find it her second best album. Nothing can top Honeymoon for me. That album is just unbelievable, I can’t put it in words.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongingHeart
                Ride
                Born To Die
                Honeymoon

yeah, when I think about it, for me , too. I loved "Ultraviolence" and "Honeymoon" so much, so my expectations for LFL were pretty high... sadly there is no "SAD GIRL" or "THE BLACKEST DAY" on the album.

My Lana Del Rey trinity:
                - Sad Girl
                - The Blackest Day
                - Video Games

Comment

• ^ But there are 13 Beaches and Summer Bummer which slay discographies tbh
                  When we lose what we love
                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

I wish she'd revisit Mermaid Motel & Gramma. These are my favorite "Lizzie" songs and I wish she'd actually rework them for us

She could release her old stuff as a present for us :(

Comment

New song coming next Friday!

Comment

• [tweet:2drzivan]https://twitter.com/piercespears/status/1046524929359990786[/tweet:2drzivan]
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• https://youtu.be/vm7Ad8dkvFE
                          This is heaven in my ears!
                          Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel
                            ^ But there are 13 Beaches and Summer Bummer which slay discographies tbh
                            Both of those tracks are soooo good!

Comment

• My trinity -
                              - Video Games
                              - Ride
                              - Venice Beach

Comment

The dragging of Azealia is real
                                https://pitchfork.com/news/lana-del-rey ... l_facebook
                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• We stan a Twitter legend!

Comment

• I remember hearing "Video Games" on the radio back then, not having any idea about her...I didn't really like it, I thought it was very weird and I imagined it was just another fluke, like Rumer's "Slow" (I love Rumer's debut btw).
                                    Through this forum I learned about "Blue Jeans" and the music she created earlier and when "Born to Die" came out I just fell in love.
                                    Now I'm literally a fan.
                                    She really opened a lot of musical doors in the end I think.

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• I find the tracks this era dry
                                        Forever Young

Comment

• https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ver-story-2019
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• THOSE PHOTOS ARE GORGEOUS
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• I love the album

Comment

• For NME.

https://www.nme.com/lana-del-rey-int...kwell-big-read
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Can anyone post the full interview?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...ence-h5q9cxzsd

Comment

• I hate to say it, but this is tragic.
                                                    I don't know what idiot mixed the audio for this performance but......???
                                                    Also this is the reason I'm not gonna pay money to see her live, her performances are drowned in prerecorded backingvocals and she always seems like a scared dog mumbling in the microphone.
                                                    One of my fave studio artists and I don't doubt her voice, but she needs to get her live act together.

Comment

• I think you're a bit too harsh @Hejira. She did pretty well. Drowned in pre-recorded vocals? I mean the song has layered vocals (as does any LDR song and she needs those pre-recoded backing track if the song is supposed to sound anything like the album version), and they only kick in here in the chorus, and in the later choruses she's actually doing some nice ad-libs on top. Would it be better if her vocals were a bit more in front, yes, but she did more than good here.

And there aren't many pre-recorded vocals on Ariana cover. It's basically only her singing, and yes - again it wouldn't hurt if her vocals were turned on more a bit, but covered the song very nicely.
                                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^I disagree, this was not it.
                                                        The cover is nice, the concept of it, but if she's gonna do something like this I want to hear her voice loud and proud, which is something she scares away from still.

The "Looking for America" live video she did, that is what I want to hear. She needed to strip down "Doin' Time" to her voice and the live band, but what I heard was the instrumental and her pre-recorded backing vocals and a very drowned out live Lana as if she was singing from a well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                          The "Looking for America" live video she did, that is what I want to hear. She needed to strip down "Doin' Time" to her voice and the live band, but what I heard was the instrumental and her pre-recorded backing vocals and a very drowned out live Lana as if she was singing from a well.
                                                          But Looking for America is basically an acoustic song, it doesn't have layered vocals like Doin' Time, so it's natural she did it like that. Usually people do either acoustic versions of the songs on BBC One or they come with a band. Lana opted for a band. Hence the more studio album sound they went for. You are only right that her vocals were low and it's more likely it's a mixing problem (or maybe a choice for all we know), but if you listen carefully you can clearly hear she did pretty good, was in key the whole time and did mess up anything. You're making it seem like she was terrible and she has come a long way since SNL.
                                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• LMFAO, the way she sits on the chair during BUWYG,IB

Comment

• "Honeymoon" is such an amazing piece of work.

*Stan on*
                                                              The title track is one of the best album openers I've ever heard and "High by the beach" was a daring first single with a brilliant video.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X