No announcement yet.

Lana Del Rey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This comment had me cracking. Truth detected though.

I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^HAHAHAHA
      No lies detected, tho.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Such a beautiful & touching rendition. Lana truly is one of the greatest of our generation. I feel so privileged to have the opportunity to witness such a gifted singer, songwriter and performer. She is the gift that keeps on giving, and for that I'm so grateful.

Thank you, Lana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
          Such a beautiful & touching rendition. Lana truly is one of the greatest of our generation. I feel so privileged to have the opportunity to witness such a gifted singer, songwriter and performer. She is the gift that keeps on giving, and for that I'm so grateful.

Thank you, Lana.

It fits like a glove for her. Stunning, heart wrenching cover.

Comment

• [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] is this a better live rendition for you? BTW she still does layered vocals in Doin' Time just like in BBC, so it's a willing choice and I understand it as that track really is all about multiple vocal layers in her version.

Comment

• AND OMFG DID SHE NAIL CINNAMON GIRL LAST NIGHT.

Comment

• She also did Joni's "For Free" a few days ago and it was amazing.

Comment

• 1) Album Of The Year

NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL!
                  Lana Del Rey
                  Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, producers; Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk, engineers/mixers; Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer

2) Song Of The Year

NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL
                  Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)

I hope she wins!
                  Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                  My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                  Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                    1) Album Of The Year

NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL!
                    Lana Del Rey
                    Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, producers; Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk, engineers/mixers; Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer

2) Song Of The Year

NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL
                    Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)

I hope she wins!
                    Deserved tbh

Comment

• I need AOTY to go into Lana's hands.

Comment

• I have received many gifts from God,

Comment

• She announced a new spoken word album

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B6RioLj...=1hytdnj9ngcg6
                          >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                            She announced a new spoken word album

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B6RioLj...=1hytdnj9ngcg6
                            What is that even supposed to mean? Like..her reciting her poems? Will there be any music involved at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                              What is that even supposed to mean? Like..her reciting her poems? Will there be any music involved at all?
                              well some spoken word albums do feature some form of music (like classical) but most don't:

here ya go if you want more info :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoken_word_album

Comment

• She first tells her boyfriend to get off her damn dress and to step back, then buys a dress in a mall to wear to the Grammies? Queen.

Comment

• AMAZING

I love Lana so much!
                                  Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                  My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                  Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                                    AMAZING

I love Lana so much!
                                    Wow, this is gorgeous. Some more demo's have leaked this week, it's really fun to hear how lots of her songs evolve from demo to final stage.

Comment

• Still bitter about AOTY.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                        Still bitter about AOTY.
                                        Honestly, a nomination felt like a win already considering how dirty Grammy's did her before. I honestly didn't expect even that even though it clearly deserved. Especially when it comes to US music. It's basically an ode to past, present and future thanks to Lana weaving in all her musical inspirations, many of which were huge influence on US music.

Comment

• She'll get her 'compensation grammy' later in a "Pop album of the year" category for an album that'll prolly not be as good as NFR.
                                          And I hope she'll tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine when it happens TBH.

Comment

• In a long self important rant she mentions her new album will come out September 5th. As if.

Comment

• The rant is 100% valid though.

Comment

• What a nonsensical post to make.

Comment

• Girl...stfu.
                                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Kween of ERRRTHANG.
                                                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I agree with Lana.
                                                      Gone.

Comment

• I agree with her too but this is a case where zipping it would have been a better option.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with how female artists behave today, and she basically didn't say that there is, it's just that there's nothing wrong with Lana's songs either, and she doesn't have to be a (fake) feminist if she doesn't feel that way, or if she doesn't need it to sell her products. No matter how they spin it up, most female artists today aren't real feminists but male fantasy and products, directly or indirectly, created by men. It's an illusion and misinterpretation of feminism with negative effects on society. But that's a long story and I can't change anything, so I'll just stop there.
                                                          Gone.

Comment

• I agree with her. I only think that she shouldn’t have dropped names.

People are trying so hard to twist her words right now. She’s racist, she’s jealous, she hates other women...

Take a chill pill.
                                                            Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                              I agree with her. I only think that she shouldn’t have dropped names.
                                                              We learned here what that causes and why we shouldn't do that.
                                                              Gone.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X