Pet Shop Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Shop Boys

I just ordered my copy of Format on their website to win this Fundamental Tour jacket. It was my birthday yesterday so I should win.
    last.fm
    Chun's monthly most listened

Good luck, hope you win.

PSB are one of the best pop bands of all time, even though sadly in the US they are seen mainly as a group who had a few hits in the late 80s and nothing more. A shame since some of their best work came after 1990.
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Happy belated birthday firstly secondly I downloaded their album "Behaviour" in preparation to listen for my review thread so I'll post my thoughts on that one in here when it's time!
      My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
        Happy belated birthday firstly secondly I downloaded their album "Behaviour" in preparation to listen for my review thread so I'll post my thoughts on that one in here when it's time!
        Well Behaviour is without a doubt the most mellow and sombre album they ever recorded, but it is regarded in pretty much every PSB fans' top 2 albums of theirs, and while it lacks a "West End Girls" type of immediate smash hit, the whole album really grows on you with repeated listens.

Comment

Yes! Thanks to you both. Can't wait to read your review, crazycrazy. Their Behaviour album needs some listenings to get into it, treat it right! My favourites from Behaviour are Being Boring, This Must Be The Place I Waited Years To Leave, So Hard, The End Of The World, Jealousy.
          last.fm

Comment

To Face The Truth and My October Symphony are lovely too. Hell, the album is fillerless IMO.

Comment

Best band ever.

Comment

2012 looks like it'll be a great year to come for the Pets. The b-sides album just came out and a new album due too. IMO, Yes was ace and my fave of theirs since "Bilingual" (All Over The World IMO was an instant classic), so I hope the next one is another great album.

Comment

Yes was fantastic and Etc. was even more so. I adore The Way It Used To Be and This Used To Be The Future. Some artists are ageing very well and the Pets are one of them. For me, Yes/Etc. was the best album since Behaviour, they do amazing remixes, they should do more remixes!!!!!!!!! Did you listen to those further listenings they released those with their remastered albums, they are a treat.
                  last.fm

Comment

Re: Pet Shop Boys

Originally posted by chun1702

I just ordered my copy of Format on their website to win this Fundamental Tour jacket. It was my birthday yesterday so I should win.
                    How fabulous is that???

I received my copy of Format already, but haven't listened to it yet. There's some great stuff on there-After The Event, Up And Down, I Didn't Get Where I Am Today, Hit & Miss...Amazing band and their live shows are great too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon
                      Best band ever.
                      There's only one Queen
                      and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Almost afraid of asking this question, but is there anyone who might help me?.

Does anybody know how much YES album sold
                        worldwide?. I estimate an 500,000-600,000??
                        Does anyone know how much the album sold in US?
                        It was their 4th best Album chart position to # 32,
                        but i dont know how much it sold :O

Please...anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by locoboy1984
                          Almost afraid of asking this question, but is there anyone who might help me?.

Does anybody know how much YES album sold
                          worldwide?. I estimate an 500,000-600,000??
                          Does anyone know how much the album sold in US?
                          It was their 4th best Album chart position to # 32,
                          but i dont know how much it sold :O

Please...anyone??
                          Yes sold less than 100k in the US I'm sure. It went #32, but fell to #101 its second week and off the charts in its third week.

Regardless, top 40 for them in the US, their first since 1996 was impressive.

Comment

I still did not receive my copy of Format. I ordered it on the PSB website http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/ two weeks ago.
                            last.fm

Comment

so what all do we know about the new album due later this year?

Comment

^ I know nothing yet.

I received my copy of Format finally.
                                last.fm

Comment

Andrew Dawson (mix engineer on Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy) produces the new album right now. Pets have moved to L.A. for this!

It was really exciting for me. I got an email one day out of the blue from their manager that was like, “Would you like to talk to Neil [Tennant] and Chris [Lowe] about working on their next album?” I was like, hell, yeah — I would love to talk to Neil and Chris about working on their next album! They’re so talented. The breadth of their career has been phenomenal. They’re great at reinventing themselves and keeping true to their core sound. So Neil and Chris and I started talking on the phone. They sent me some demos of songs that they had been recording over the past year. Over our phone conversations, they were like, “We want to make a record in Los Angeles.” So they ended up moving out here for the recording process, and renting a place, and we’re making their first L.A. record. They’ve never done a record in Los Angeles before. They wanted to be around that thing, and get that classic L.A. sound — the L.A. players and all that stuff.

The first day we were jumping in right away – let’s pull this, let’s work on that — especially because this record has a very tight time frame for finishing. We’ve had to make use of every day. They’re in the studio about five days a week, then I end up staying on weekends to finish and catch up on stuff and get stuff ready for the next week. But this is their 11th original album. They’ve earned the right to take weekends off! It’s been a really good process. They both have incredible ideas. Neil will interject something and we’ll try it out and it’s like, wow, that’s a really great idea. Same thing with Chris — he’ll be like, “Well, what if we tried that?” We’ll pop it in and, oh, that was perfect. They have so much experience doing records. I’ve definitely learned a few tricks from them on making records, too.

It’s definitely a collaborative process. I have a way that I like to do things and the way that I approach and hear things, and the sounds that I’ll choose. And they have the ideas of what they want to do. It’s a really good working environment where everybody’s been pretty much on fire with their ideas. The stuff that everybody’s come up with has been really, really good.
                                  http://idolator.com/6242782/andrew-daws ... -interview

Can't wait!
                                  last.fm

Comment

Could be an interesting spin. I love that every PSB album has a different collaborator, keeps it fresh and keeps them from making the same album over and over.

Comment

We are pleased to announce that Pet Shop Boys will be headlining the Afisha Picnic Festival 2012 in Moscow, Russia, on July 21st. This will be the full Pandemonium tour production for (probably) the last time as a new Pet Shop Boys tour is planned for early next year with a completely new production.
                                      last.fm

Comment

A supposed new song has surfaced on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3683755007342

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails

It's called "Invisible".

Not a bad track, though.

Comment

I like it!

Pop maestros Pet Shop Boys have announced that the title of their 11th studio album will be Elysium (due in September). The LP, the UK duo’s 11th, was produced earlier this year in Los Angeles by Grammy winner Andrew Dawson. “They’ve never done a record in Los Angeles before,” Dawson, who’s also worked with Kanye West and fun., told us in April. “They wanted to be around that thing, and get that classic L.A. sound — the L.A. players and all that stuff.”

True to that statement, the Boys have released a short film for upcoming album track “Invisible” (watch above), which was directed by Los Angeles artist/film-maker Brian Bress. The duo’s official site notes, “Like several tracks on Elysium, ‘Invisible’ features backing vocals by singer/songwriter James Fauntleroy and veteran singers Oren, Maxine and Julie Waters whose long singing career spans sessions with The Jackson Five to Adele.”

“Invisible” hasn’t been declared an official single by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe. Rather, their site states the track was unveiled “to give an idea of the album’s sound.”

“Look at me, the absentee, disappearing finally / goodbye / is it magic or the truth? / strange psychology or justified by the end of youth,” Tennant sings atop the moody, lush synth ballad.

The lyrics come dangerously close to being a metaphor for Pet Shop Boys’ own perception of themselves within the grand scheme of pop — and we say “dangerously” because, really, the idea of them calling it quits scares us to death! Let’s hope, for the sake of music itself, that’s not the case.
                                            http://idolator.com/6603591/pet-shop-bo ... short-film
                                            last.fm

Comment

can't wait for Elysium. Neil and Chris have not let me down yet

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon

It's called "Invisible".

Not a bad track, though.
                                                hmmm not too keen on it so far...perhaps it's a "grower"

Comment

can't wait for Elysium. Neil and Chris have not let me down yet
                                                  Me neither. "Disco 2" had Absolutely Fabulous, at least.
                                                  last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                  X