Pet Shop Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRIT Awards Performance, 2009

Medley of hits after receiving the award from "Outstanding Contribution to British Music" or something like that? I thought that was an Ivor Novello award?

However.. they deserve the recognition and the performance was very good. Apart from Lady GaGa and Brandon Flowers appearences. I like both of them - but they did not really add anything and didn't sound very good. Brandon's looks however were quite similar to those of Neil in his younger days?

??? Okey... Not very similar. But there's somthing
    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
    and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
      Wasn't Always featured on a current album?

Strange, cause it seems like Being Boring has become one of their signature tracks now. What do you mean by devestating? I find it odd how it did so bad considering the quality and the fact that the other singles at the same time did much better.

I only saw the title - not a fan of the U2 track, do you think it's worth checking out PSB's version?

Suburbia is really my song!! But I can't decide which version to purchase from iTunes! :x I want it to sound like in the video without the long video intro :-? I have not heard the full album version, but the snippet sound very different than the video mix. And as I fell for the video mix today that's the one I want.

There's a 4:04 version from the Complete Singles Collections but with a terrible sound quality in my opinion. So I'll have to go with the 5 minutes video mix featured on PopArt!

My friends will wonder where this revival came from
      Always On My Mind was featured 10 months later and with a remixed extended version on Introspective, but it belongs to the Actually era where it was not on the album.

Well, it was a big surprise for them that Being Boring performed bad on the charts, especially because it was their favourite track from Behaviour.

Where The Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You) is worth a listen for sure. I only have the extended version from their Behaviour Further Listening album.

Suburbia is ace! I can't decide which version is better. I like the original version in the Please album because of its intro. And I love Suburbia (The Full Horror) extended version, can be found on the Disco album and on the Please Further Listening album.

Their performance at the Brits was a great mix of songs. I totally forgot that Lady Gaga sang Dusty's part. Dusty did it better. Brandon (who is he, I recall reading that name somewhere, ah yes, The Killers) does not look like Neil imo.

Great that you enjoy their music again, Vindrag! Enjoy, there is so much to explore.

When you're done with their regular albums, listen to their screen music Battlesip Potemkin, Closer to Heaven and The Most Incredible Thing and then come back for the extended versions and try their b-sides stuff.
      last.fm
      Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Pets are an expected highlight of the London 2012 closing ceremony. Unfortunately, they will perform West End Girls and not Winner.

And until we get new stuff, why not listening to some puppets.
        last.fm

Comment

West End Girls? Of all their hits, that's my least favourite! But still looking forward! Now! I've been listening to them all night, "Winner" in particular. What an anthem!

I've decided to wait with their older albums, and thanks to the new single purchase Elysium when it is released and let it be my first PSB album!

Really beginning to discover their beautiful music! The thing is... I've heard them over and over again since I was 4-5-6-7 something.. my older brothers have always played their music... but it's not until when I discovered The Resurrectionist that I felt that I've discovered them for myself. And now it's all happening again - but much deeper!

SUBURBIA!

WINNER!

BEING BORING!

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

When you listen now, you must have so many lovely memories connected to their songs you heard when you were a child. I can understand that very much. The Actually album gives me just that. I was 9-10-11-12 yrs. old and listened lots to it when I ordered my stamp collection. This was all I did back then. Listening to music and making my stamps work. And now it makes me so relaxed listening to the same stuff because back then stamps used the be worth money when now they are not.
            last.fm

Comment

Vindrag, if you like Winner and Being Boring, try other slow tracks.

King's Cross
              Dreaming Of The Queen
              Birthday Boy
              London
              King Of Rome
              It Couldn't Happen Here
              Jealousy
              last.fm

Comment

Vindrag, I'm so glad you like and take the time to listen to their songs.

Comment

We are pleased to announce that Pet Shop Boys will be headlining two festivals in Norway next month.
                  On Friday, August 24th, they'll be performing their "Pandemonium" show at the Døgnvill Festival, Tromosø.
                  And on Saturday, August 25th, it'll be "Pandemonium" at the Rått og Råde (RxR) Festival, Stavanger.
                  More information and ticket details to both festivals can be found at the links below.
                  These will probably be the last "Pandemonium" shows (OK we've said that before...). A new PSB world tour with a totally new production is planned to start early next year.
                  last.fm

Comment

The Pets are performing 3 songs at the olympics, according to their "pet texts" on their site!

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen
                      The Pets are performing 3 songs at the olympics, according to their "pet texts" on their site!
                      That's amazing news. The question is if they perform these in the stadium at the closing ceremony or somewhere else and which songs they will do.
                      last.fm

Comment

I think i did hear some West end Girls (instrumental version?) during the opening, but that's it...

this is from their website (pet texts section):
                        "Hi. We just played three songs at Wimbledon before the Olympics tennis started. A very friendly crowd watched us from "Henman Hill" performing "Always on my mind", "What have I done to deserve this?" and "Winner" with special backdrop videos. I think "Winner" will turn up on TV in the UK and around the world but no one has told us when! Neil x"

also, they released the full tracklisting for Elysium:
                        http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/3080

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon
                          Vindrag, I'm so glad you like and take the time to listen to their songs.
                          Thanks! It's not only me, it's my nieces as well!

I'm visiting my sister and her family, her oldest kids are 15, 12 and 10 and they're literally obsessed with Suburbia and Always On My Mind.

"Uncle!! Uncle!! Play that song again!!"

Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

"If I made you feel second best..."

Love that line! Vintage youth.
                            Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I'm so happy you are into this. I'm listening to Actually right now and FINALLY finish my thesis.
                              last.fm

Comment

Just saw them perform West End Girls live inside the stadium at the closing ceremony of the olympics. Amazing, dressed in black on orange rickshaws. Oh, they looks so dark like bad wizards lol
                                last.fm

Comment

I loved their entry, not their best song however. Always On My Mind would've been better! I was listening to their music before the ceremony and thought to myself "shouldn't they perform tonight?" - wizards indeed!!
                                  Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

PURCHASING You Are Always On My Mind.

I can't resist playing it via youtube, so I had to purchase it. Hot contender for #1 on my chart this upcoming sunday!

"Satisfiiieeed"
                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Yes! Do it. Just do it. Do it now.

I'm taken by this video, playing it on repeat. I can imagine this being a song.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/mpd/permalink/m ... nt_fb_link

I'm a bit sad that the second CD has no extended versions or remixes, just the instrumentals.

also this

http://www.amazon.de/gp/mpd/permalink/m ... nt_fb_link

I almost bought it. I will have to wait til I have a job again.
                                      last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
                                        "If I made you feel second best..."

Love that line!
                                        I think about my mother when hearing this! Horrible feeling. I'll change! I will!
                                        Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Yes I love that line too.
                                          As a child I understood "second guest" which fits as well but I did not understand at all. I loved it when I did not understand the words and figured my own awesome meanings.
                                          last.fm

Comment

How cute! I still do that, automatically. Sometimes it's better to invent personal lyrics than reading the correct one's.

I can't stop thinking and listening to YAAOMM... Second best Dear God!

What is it about Pet Shop Boys? I remember this as a little child.... their music always makes me feel:

Happy, willing to dance, but at the same time, ALWAYS, melancholic.
                                            Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Second best makes me always feel guilty as well. Dance and sadness, the rhythm of our lives.. I'm tired now worked all night.. good night.
                                              last.fm

Comment

since we're talking about memories, i think if my mind is not playing games that i first heard -in the US- West end Girls in an episode of Moonlighting back in the mid 80s, i loved that show and it was a great moment! I remember thinking ohhh the Pets made it in America, i mean it was the hottest show then! later on it became #1 on Billboard! Good times

Comment

^ That must have been amazing times. I was about 6yrs back then and did not have the means to watch American TV and did not know the Pets at all.
                                                  last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen
                                                    since we're talking about memories, i think if my mind is not playing games that i first heard -in the US- West end Girls in an episode of Moonlighting back in the mid 80s, i loved that show and it was a great moment! I remember thinking ohhh the Pets made it in America, i mean it was the hottest show then! later on it became #1 on Billboard! Good times
                                                    True. But it sucked for PSB in the 90s if you were young enough that you still relied on MTV. I heard nothing after Domino Dancing until 1999 when I'd gotten the net and was able to more freely explore music and "Nightlife" came out.
                                                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X