Pet Shop Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fascinated by this dub:

What Have I Done to Deserve This? (Dub Mix)

Totally 80s.

last.fm
    Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Ouverture to Performance (Orchestral)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSVcV94CBnI

How many songs do you recognize?
      last.fm

Comment

last.fm

Comment

That orchestral overture sounded so much like Zelda music! They should do some video game music!

1. It's A Sin
          2. Being Boring
          3. I missed something here, but I recognized it so well!?
          4. Suburbia
          5. ???
          6. What Have I Done To Deserve This?
          7. ???
          8. Ohhhhh I know this!!!!!!!!??????
          9. Being Boring again?
          10. I Suck
          Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
          and you are no exception

Comment

Ok, now let me have a go.
            last.fm

Comment

1. 0:22-0:56 It's A Sin = confirmed
              2. 0:57-1:30 Being Boring = confirmed
              3. 1:31-2:02 I missed something here, but I recognized it so well!? = what was that??
              4. 2:03-2:49 So Hard the first part is barely recognizable because they turned it into a waltz
              6. 2:50-3:01 Jealousy
              6. 3:02-3:18 Suburbia = confirmed
              5. 3:19-3:47 ??? = ??? maybe Domino Dancing, but that would be kinda weird.
              6. 3:48-4:32 I'm not even sure if these are two separate songs.
              6. 4:33-4:48 What Have I Done To Deserve This? = confirmed
              7. 4:49-5:04 ???
              8. 5:05-end Ohhhhh I know this!!!!!!!!?????? Being Boring again? = I did not recognize a thing.

I Suck = me too, I'll be back at this!!
              last.fm

Comment

I give up!!!
                last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by chun1702
                  6. 3:48-4:32 I'm not even sure if these are two separate songs.
                  isn't that "How can you expect to be taken seriously" ?

Comment

Yes!! I never would have guessed that one.
                    last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by chun1702
                      Ouverture to Performance (Orchestral)

We still have some gaps.

1. 0:22-0:56 It's A Sin
                      2. 0:57-1:30 Being Boring
                      3. 1:31-2:02 ???
                      4. 2:03-2:49 So Hard
                      6. 3:02-3:18 Suburbia
                      5. 3:19-3:47 ???
                      6. 3:48-4:32 How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?
                      6. 4:33-4:48 What Have I Done To Deserve This?
                      7. 4:49-5:04 ???
                      8. 5:05-end ???
                      last.fm

Comment

• I tried the Overture video to see if I could answer, I have no idea either, I feel like a flop PSB fan
                        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Thanks for trying, I'm a flop fan as well
                          last.fm

Comment

• the number 3 should be Opportunities ???

Comment

• and the number 7 should be West end girls ...??

Comment

• Yeah! Those jazzy versions.. I can't handle them
                                last.fm

Comment

• you put the rest of us to shame Tir

Comment

• I have discovered "Jealousy" and last night was such a memorable night.

I just woke up at my classmates place, we had a party last night, everybody else is still sleeping, two of them on the floor, one sleeping beside me, two in the couch.. It was such a spontantenous and carefree night - in the spirit of PSB (eventually)!

At first I was having these horrible thoughts: "what on earth am I doing here, leave Daniel, go away, these people mean nothing to you"... why did have these thoughts? Because we ate pizza and listened to music... until they all wanted to watch f*****g X-Factor... Swedish version! Disgusting. Completely. I can't distinguish it.

However... since i couldn't leave i realized: "you have to get everybody drunk", mission completed! We listened to music, and had some real fun.

UNTIL.... around 02:30... when I took over as the DJ:

1. Give It A Go
                                    2. Being Boring
                                    3. Always On My Mind
                                    4. What Have I Done To Deserve This?
                                    5. Being Boring
                                    6. Being Boring
                                    7. Being Boring
                                    8. Being Boring
                                    9. Jealousy (it came on the shuffle - thank God)
                                    10. Being Boring
                                    11. Always On My Mind
                                    12. Always On My Mind
                                    13. Suburbia
                                    14. Being Boring
                                    15. Being Boring
                                    16. Being Boring
                                    17. Always On My Mind
                                    18. Being Boring
                                    19. Jealousy
                                    20. Jealousy

THE PET SHOP BOYS EFFECT:

First. I couldn't resist but crying.. rivers.. with the combination of Give iT A Go (my personal discover, my first personal meeting with Pet Shop Boys) with Being Boring (a song which I relate so much with my childhood, with my brothers and sisters). I just couldn't resist it. It was such a happy feeling. I have grown older... that nostalgia combined with my life now melted together into one. And we all sat down in a sort of ring, and they listened to me and i told them about Pet Shop Boys (NO ONE RECOGNIZED THEIR NAME! ) ... and eventually...

Everybody started crying at Being Boring. I'm not kidding.
                                    This messy student party turned into a cry-fest with that playlist above. And even when I said "Let's do the Gangnam Style instead now"... they didn't want to..

That feeling which I associate so much with PSB. Freedom! Be at ease with yourself. Look out the window - the world is out there: EXPERIENCE!

The Pet Shop Boys effect.

I felt so lucky hearing Being Boring last night. I'm almost in tears while crying this. But they mean so much. I just remember a time when we were all together, at home, my family. I remember how I, as the youngest, looked up to them others and wanted to be like them.

Vi skall aldrig bli tråkiga. Vi skall icke!
                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

• Vindrag, you have so much power, you are the new messias!

Pets will never leave me, so many memories they connect me, make me feel secure. Being Boring, just wow.
                                      last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                                        you put the rest of us to shame Tir
                                        ahah...no need to say that ... I'm just glad that i could help u in some way

Comment

Originally posted by chun1702
                                          Overture to Performance (Orchestral)

Updated thanks to tir69.

1. 0:22-0:56 It's A Sin
                                          2. 0:57-1:30 Being Boring
                                          3. 1:31-2:02 Opportunities
                                          4. 2:03-2:49 So Hard
                                          6. 3:02-3:18 Suburbia
                                          5. 3:19-3:47 ???
                                          6. 3:48-4:32 How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?
                                          6. 4:33-4:48 What Have I Done To Deserve This?
                                          7. 4:49-5:04 West End Girls
                                          8. 5:05-end ???
                                          So, two gaps are left...

Candidates: Love Comes Quickly, Rent, Domino Dancing, Left to My Own Devices, Where the Streets Have No Names, It's Alright, Heart, Paninaro
                                          last.fm

Comment

• Songs in: Overture To Performance
                                            0:00 Niles speak & count, tape start
                                            0:12 Intro
                                            0:20 It's A Sin
                                            0:53 Being Boring
                                            1:31 Opportunities
                                            2:04 So Hard
                                            2:49 Jealousy
                                            3:20 Suburbia
                                            3:47 How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?
                                            4:31 What Have I Done To Deserve This?
                                            5:03 West End Girls
                                            5:35 Being Boring (reprise)
                                            5:50 Suburbia (reprise)
                                            5:58 Outro
                                            6:13 * End Of Track *

Comment

• Thank you tir69! Where did you get that information? Is it not written in the "booklet" of the single DJ Culture remix, is it?
                                              last.fm

Comment

Thank you tir69! Where did you get that information? Is it not written in the "booklet" of the single DJ Culture remix, is it?
                                                I found here

http://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boys-DJ ... ease/51455

Comment

• Ah yes, Discogs is a great website!
                                                  last.fm

Comment

Ah yes, Discogs is a great website!

yep I agree with u , it's a website with a lot of very detailed info

Comment

• Who's talking (the male voice) on their Je T'aime Moi Non Plus cover? Is it Chris? And what are the lyrics, its so hard to understand. I can't find the lyrics to this song on the Boys' official website.

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Pet+Shop+Boy ... i+non+plus

This is even hotter than the original!
                                                      last.fm

Comment

Who's talking (the male voice) on their Je T'aime Moi Non Plus cover? Is it Chris? And what are the lyrics, its so hard to understand. I can't find the lyrics to this song on the Boys' official website.

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Pet+Shop+Boy ... i+non+plus

This is even hotter than the original!
                                                        I found this comment on youtube ( i don't know if its reliable )

"The only reason I am commenting is that as it happens I was the programmer/mixer on that session and helped create the 'robot voice' and did the french/english translation and can say confidently that the inspiration for the voice was not from the Air track(which had not been created)... it is just 'text the to voice speech' in any old simple macintosh so most likely used on many many songs."

Lyrics here
                                                        http://www.songlyrics.com/pet-shop-boys ... us-lyrics/

Comment

• ^ Thank you. The lyrics are not complete, for example they don't include the robot voice at the beginning of the song. I can't find the complete lyrics.

It starts something like

Whitolamewith :-? :-? :-?
                                                          I go and I come ??? :-? :-?
                                                          but maybe you're of ice/advice :-?
                                                          I go I come ?? :-? :-?
                                                          but maybe you're of ice/advice or is it between your ??? :-?
                                                          I'm holding back

My English is too bad to get it right.

Sadly, I can't watch that YouTube video nor can I see the comments posted because both are banned in Germany thanks to our music police GEMA. I would have asked that producer guy directly.
                                                          And if that's the simple macintosh text-to-voice then I want a macintosh!
                                                          last.fm

Comment

• Haha Chun!

Are PSB your #1 favourite act ever?
                                                            Why did you never tell me about Jealousy? :(
                                                            I thought we were friends! :(

I have cried this whole day! Almost. Without alcohol, without drugs... the size of the tears this morning were huge, the snot was everywhere.

The music has reached a higher level. I can't handle it, I can't resist it.

"You didn't phone like you said you would" THE MELODY!

Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

• have you heard Behaviour Dan? Since I notice you mentioned Jealousy.

I notice you're loving Elysium (which sadly I find okay, but it hasn't really done much for me like the classic PSB stuff), but most people have been saying Elysium is a modern day Behaviour. Behaviour is also downbeat like Elysium but I think it may very well be their absolute masterpiece. If you like Elysium, you'll worship Behaviour IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X