Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janelle MonŠe

Surprised there's no topic already.

In my opinion she is the most exciting female in music right now.

Any ideas if she's started recording a follow up to Archandroid yet?

Archandroid is a fantastic neo-soul album! Her debut is also great, she is refreshing.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

I just recently discovered Cold War by her and it's a wonderful song!

Too lazy to check her other (probably great) work :-?
      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

^ Let's assist in your laziness, here's some I love from her last album:

o Oh, Maker
        o Come Alive (The War of the Roses)
        o Wondaland
        o Mushrooms & Roses

Just a few I really like.
        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Wow, if your only heard Cold War, you're really missing out. That song is just the tip of the iceberg.

Archandroid was a super slick pece of neo-soul, she accomplished with the sound of that album something that hadn't been done for a long time.

I'd say the Metropolis EP was just as good, if not better.

I neeeeed a new album now.

It doesn't seem like she's even recording. Nothing on google news

Comment

^ I love all those, but my favourite has to be "Make The Bus" with of Montreal
            "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
              ^ Let's assist in your laziness, here's some I love from her last album:

o Oh, Maker
              o Come Alive (The War of the Roses)
              o Wondaland
              o Mushrooms & Roses

Just a few I really like.
              Add 57821, Many Moons and Violet stars to that list and it's spot on

Comment

Originally posted by hugom2c
                ^ I love all those, but my favourite has to be "Make The Bus" with of Montreal
                Great tune, it reminds me of classic Prince. It wouldn't be out of place on "Sign o' the Times"

Comment

Sir Greendown and Oh Maker are my favourite from her album.

Comment

"I'm locked inside, a land called foolish pride..."

I love Janelle, she's the only act to come out of my hometown of Kansas City, Ks and make it. My sister graduated high school with her.

Can't wait for her second album.

Comment

I just can't get Violet Stars out of my hed.

It's become the themetune to my life. Like in Allie Mcbeal, when she walks around with a "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green in her head, everywhere she goes!

Janelle's songs are certainly well formulated.

Is it true she doesn't write any of the lyrics? That really disappointed me when I found out

Comment

Cold War is probably an all-time favourite song.

This performance is beautiful!

Have you guys heard her collabo with Estelle? It's pretty decent!

Here's a recent interview (15th May), talking about concerts in Australia and Prince rumors: TheBrag.com

Comment

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn
                          Is it true she doesn't write any of the lyrics? That really disappointed me when I found out
                          Hmmm I don't think so. According to the Archandroid's page on Wiki, she's credited in most of the tracks, as Robinson.

Comment

Archandroid is due to get an instrumental release, and I heard she's trying out 2 new albums this year, though maybe one is the aforementioned instrumental.

Comment

Janelle performed two new songs in Toronto, last week.

Dorothy Dandridge Eyes (it could've been part of my current Survivor ) and Electric Lady.

Loved both! Looking forward to the studio versions

Comment

Absolutely awesome to ear her voice on something new after I've exhausted her tiny back catalogue now.
                                I'm over the moon!!

Really like Dadridge eyes, I think Electric Lady will be a grower, but her voice sounds awesome on there.

I really hope the next album is another concept album. Nobody has done concept albums so well in years

Love me some Janelle!

Comment

She has been named the newest face of CoverGirl.

Comment

Been seeing her Sonos advert quite a lot on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                      Been seeing her Sonos advert quite a lot on TV!
                                      I know it's lovely she's getting some shine. She is absolutely beautiful.
                                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Her new album "The electric lady" is out in the streets already!

This is her performance on Letterman (song: Dance apocalyptic)
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=d_0gMYq6Odw

She is so wonderful!

Comment

By far one of the best performers out now days... love her style. Plus QUEEN is a classic.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

Janelle behind the scenes of the PRIMETIME music video....

http://www.etonline.com/music/139287...uel/index.html

WaitYourTurn, could you fix her last name on the thread title?

Comment

Fixed.. Not sure what happened there!

Comment

Been a fan of hers for a couple of years, and I finally got to see her live last night in Philly. We got there 8 hours before the show began, and there was only one person in front of us. I got some AMAZING pics and vids that I'll post soon. The coolest vid I don't have, though. My friend does, since I ran out of storage on my phone. Basically, she came down into the crowd, RIGHT where I was standing. She's flawless. Just so beautiful and so talented. After Beyonce, she's my absolute favorite in the game today. Last night was one of the most memorable nights of my life.
                                                Beysus is back!

Comment

She released a cover of Robert Palmer's song Simply Irresistible. Sounds really good.

http://pitchfork.com/news/54180-listen- ... esistible/
                                                  >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                                  X