Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mutya Keisha Siobhan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Catfights and Spotlights is actually my favourite Sugababes album as a whole

    Comment


    • Catfights & Spotlights is probably their most cohesive and mature album yet.
      It contains some brilliant songs. Their single choices were very questionable.

      Btw, should this and the Sugababes threads get merged?
      I mean they are the Sugababes again now, right?
      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

      Comment


      • A part of me really, REALLY wants Summer of 99 to be their first song but wasn’t it said that they won’t be able to release anything that was made under the MKS name?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Noahh View Post
          Catfights & Spotlights is probably their most cohesive and mature album yet.
          It contains some brilliant songs. Their single choices were very questionable.
          True! I also love Catfights and Spotlights.

          I also think that Angels with dirty faces (album) was very mature for their time. Lyrically it’s very now actually.

          Comment


          • Catfights is definitely top 2 for me. I loved No Can Do as a single.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
              Heidi and Siobhan are nothing more than acquaintances, Mutya never liked her and I doubt Keisha would want to be in a band with someone who followed Amelle's lead and went behind her back to get management to kick her out of the Sugababes in the middle of an album campaign.
              This is not even true. It was just what media was trying to force back in the day. Mutya herself confirmed after she left band that she was closer with Heidi while in the band. Tension existed between Mutya and Keisha.

              Heidi never turned her back on anyone, nor Amelle, they were under a contract with shitty label. You're forgetting Amelle and Heidi were the one who left the band (because they weren't allowed to take a promised break after keisha forced them into doing Change which was not supposed to happen, then Klas asked them to work on Catfights, and when it flopped label rushed Sweet 7 to get them back in charts), and label said that they are all exchangeable . Both Heidi and Amelle implied during S7 interviews that they decided to comeback as a respect to fans because if they did not came back label would've just hired 3 new girls for the rest of the campaign, like they already did (and shot About a Girl video behind their back while Heidi and Amelle were quitting the band)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                I agree about Catfights and Spotlights. I hate that they led with Girls but I enjoyed the album tremendously.
                I never understood hate for Girls, but then someone said to me that it was used as jingle a year before in UK and everyone started hating that sample by the time they released Girls

                Comment


                • I would rank their albums like this:

                  1. Angels
                  2. Three
                  3. Catfights
                  4. One Touch
                  5. Swee 7
                  tied last Taller/Change

                  Comment


                  • For me
                    01. Catfights
                    02. Angels
                    03. Three
                    04. One Touch
                    05. Taller
                    06. Change = Sweet 7

                    Comment


                    • I felt like to the end of the Babes they were so obsessed with getting hits that the music suffered. They were aiming for hits with that awful last album. It definitely ranks at the bottom for me.

                      Comment


                      • oh ranks!

                        01. Three
                        02. Catfights
                        03. Angels
                        04. Taller
                        05. One Touch
                        06. Change
                        07. Sweet 7

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                          I felt like to the end of the Babes they were so obsessed with getting hits that the music suffered. They were aiming for hits with that awful last album. It definitely ranks at the bottom for me.
                          Their label def. were obsessed with money of all things. I mean if you want to go as far as replace the complete set of girls, then you are just there for the quicks hits and bucks and not there for the craft.

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, that last album was awful. I'm upset all over again. I hated paste job of Jade's vocals over the tracks. It was especially unbearable on Wait For You.

                            Comment


                            • I know I'm basically alone in this. But I love sweet 7.aboit a girl is probably my all time fav Sugababes song
                              Love you like a love song!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post
                                Their label def. were obsessed with money of all things. I mean if you want to go as far as replace the complete set of girls, then you are just there for the quicks hits and bucks and not there for the craft.
                                And poor Amelle and Heidi had to go through all the backlash when they only returned so label wouldn't hire 3 new girls... What's even worse is that both Keisha and Mutya knew their contracts since they signed it, and they threw them under a bus... That's why I have hard time supporting MKS.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                  I know I'm basically alone in this. But I love sweet 7.aboit a girl is probably my all time fav Sugababes song
                                  I loved it too, I don't listen to it anymore but that's because it's their last so it makes me sad, and it seems like yesterday I was waiting for the album.. Oh wait I just realized, it's exactly a DECADE since drama started.

                                  Comment


                                  • 01. Taller in more ways
                                    02. Angels with dirty faces
                                    03. Three
                                    04. Sweet 7
                                    05. Change
                                    06. Catfights and spotlights
                                    07. One Touch

                                    something like this

                                    I really like Sweet 7, and About a girl is great.
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                      And poor Amelle and Heidi had to go through all the backlash when they only returned so label wouldn't hire 3 new girls... What's even worse is that both Keisha and Mutya knew their contracts since they signed it, and they threw them under a bus... That's why I have hard time supporting MKS.
                                      I am not gonna judge any of them in this situation. The stories aren't black or white. A lot of emotions played a role and other stuff. Same happened with The Pussycat Dolls, I mean in that case Nicole got thrown under the bus for doing what she was signed to do, while the others were seen as victims. At the end of the day it was a mess. I just gonna focus on the music, and I love what I hear from MKS. Even though I still would have loved to hear a proper 4.0. album, I am also glad to see Keisha and Mutya (and Siobhan) back together.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                        I know I'm basically alone in this. But I love sweet 7.aboit a girl is probably my all time fav Sugababes song
                                        Ok. I just listened to About A Girl for the first time in years and it's a slight bop BUT I hated that at EVERY performance they would mention it was produced by "Redone, Lady Gaga's producer." ughhh

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                          I know I'm basically alone in this. But I love sweet 7.aboit a girl is probably my all time fav Sugababes song
                                          I don't hate Sweet 7 and Change actually was once my favourite album by them, but they aged the worst for me, still include the bops and some great songs though

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                            Ok. I just listened to About A Girl for the first time in years and it's a slight bop BUT I hated that at EVERY performance they would mention it was produced by "Redone, Lady Gaga's producer." ughhh
                                            They released it during Lady Gaga's peak, I think everyone would've bragged about it

                                            Keisha saying in interviews that Rihanna was 4th Sugababe was more annoying

                                            Comment


                                            • About A Girl was an absolute banger. Not a very ‘Sugababes’ song but great nonetheless.
                                              THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

                                              Comment


                                              • About A Girl is easily one of their best songs. I also love Thank You For the Heartbreak and Give It To Me Now. But yeah, that whole era is tainted for me

                                                Comment


                                                • About A Girl is definitely catchy! Unpopular opinion but I liked Wear A Kiss when it was released. Wait For You was my favorite at the time. I liked Get Sexy but I absolutely despise it now. It's their worst lead single.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                    About A Girl is definitely catchy! Unpopular opinion but I liked Wear A Kiss when it was released. Wait For You was my favorite at the time. I liked Get Sexy but I absolutely despise it now. It's their worst lead single.
                                                    Wear My Kiss is my fav. from Sweet 7 actually, I only like the Wait For You version with Keisha

                                                    Comment


                                                    • I love wear my kiss. The video let it down. I also loved Get sexy
                                                      Love you like a love song!

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Wear My Kiss video was ran over by time even back then. I don't even want to watch it to see how even more outdated those effects are.

                                                        I was never a fan About a Girl. It had 0 Sugababes spice to it.
                                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                        .

                                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Wear my kiss is a great song, but sadly not the video.
                                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Shes a Mess is such a bop

                                                            Comment

                                                            Working...
                                                            X