No announcement yet.

Spice Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years ago today the Spice Girls performed their last performance as an active band:

It was their last public appearance as a band, and they announced a hiatus just two months later. It would be 7 years before they performed live together again.

I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

That's what I've always heard as well.
      ‘I won’t tell no lie’ ... no?
      Last edited by nekoocz; Mon November 16, 2020, 19:57.
      nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• ^
        Yes!

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        20 years ago today the Spice Girls performed their last performance as an active band:

It was their last public appearance as a band, and they announced a hiatus just two months later. It would be 7 years before they performed live together again.
        Up to this day this performance still "hurts" to me...
        Melanie C was in such a bad position, mentally and physically... Lost in the choreo, her attitude... She simply didn't want to be there.

But not only her, the full performance was so weak...
        I can't believe they thought a lip-synched performance of just them 4 doing their choreo in such a huge stage would be enough compared to the shows of the other performers that night... Something like the Brits 00 performance, just a few months before, would have been amazing.
        Just them 5 was enough to fill a huge stage back in the day, no need for dancers or any big props... but that was when their iconic attitude was there. And that performance lacked all the Spice Girls meant.

Comment

• I think they were basically attempting to recreate the music video on the cheap. It may not exactly sound like that today but "Holler", despite being good, felt so un-Spice Girls when it was released (it was basically a song more appropriate to any of the female R&B groups of the time than to Spice Girls) and the girls seemed so genuinely uninterested in their third album (especially in comparison to the excitement all of them minus Victoria showed for their solo projects) that it was obvious that the reunion would be short-lived.
          jio CHARTS NOW: 4/5/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10617604

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
            ^
            Yes!

Up to this day this performance still "hurts" to me...
            Melanie C was in such a bad position, mentally and physically... Lost in the choreo, her attitude... She simply didn't want to be there.

But not only her, the full performance was so weak...
            I can't believe they thought a lip-synched performance of just them 4 doing their choreo in such a huge stage would be enough
            Melanie C wasn’t in a good place in any of the Forever promo. However I remember reading an interview with Melanie where basically she admitted they were supposed to sing live but their team brought the wrong backing tape.
            I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
            And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• I actually love that performance at the EMAs. I dont know why but i think it looks cool.

Comment

• Most iconic moment in music across the entire 1990s

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Melanie C wasn’t in a good place in any of the Forever promo. However I remember reading an interview with Melanie where basically she admitted they were supposed to sing live but their team brought the wrong backing tape.
                  they could have left the mics on and sing over the track.
                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• What was Mel C going through?

I did notice the weight gain and there was talk of an eating disorder?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                      What was Mel C going through?

I did notice the weight gain and there was talk of an eating disorder?
                      She had depression and suffered from an eating disorder.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• She bounced back though. She’s so incredible.

and northern star is my fav solo album by far. Incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                          She bounced back though. She’s so incredible.

and northern star is my fav solo album by far. Incredible.

She did. I actually think her newest album is better than Northern Star, but The Sea is her best.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• This summer, it’s 25 years since they debuted. They’ve teased a couple of projects are in the works to celebrate - I hope Posh is involved.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

This summer, it’s 25 years since they debuted. They’ve teased a couple of projects are in the works to celebrate - I hope Posh is involved.
                              There was a rumour about re-doing the Wannabe video, which should not be so difficult now when the hotel in St Pancreas Hotel is closed.
                              nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

She did. I actually think her newest album is better than Northern Star, but The Sea is her best.
                                She mentioned she suffered eating disorder at the peak of the spice girls days, I believe she gained weight after seeing help. She is still very skinny of Holler/LLLTW, but not as much in If That Were Me. I believe she said she went to doctor seek help to be surprised that she actually suffers with depression.

I love the fact that she is openly talking about it and spreading awareness.

and regarding the album Norther Star is her best, but the latest is just behind it. I don’t enjoy any other of her albums.
                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoocz View Post

There was a rumour about re-doing the Wannabe video, which should not be so difficult now when the hotel in St Pancreas Hotel is closed.
                                  Mel C denied this - she said for most rumours she could understand how they started, but this one is just so out there she didn’t have a clue where it comes from.

The saddest part is the Spice Girls were booked to headline Glastonbury with Victoria and it was scrapped.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• I'm always here for band comebacks, so whatever it is that they've prepared to happen, I'm ready .
                                    Pro: freedom of speech
                                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• So we are weeks away from Wannabe turning 25! Do we think the girls have stuff planned? Here’s to hoping it isn’t a disaster like their 20th anniversary

Lots of social media posts lately, so I think they’re getting ready to announce some stuff - including a 2022 tour

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• Maybe they'll be announcing that weird animated film thing they were excited about?

If they do go on tour again, I think I'll grab tickets this time as I have a feeling it'll be the last. Everyone I know who went last time had a blast, it just looked like cheesy nostalgic fun and I'm here for that!

Comment

• Geri was in the studio a few weeks ago. I’d love a new Spice Girls song but I’m not convinced that would happen. I’d also love a performance at the Brit Awards next month, but that too is very unlikely too

I do think we might get a re-release of Spice later this year though, with individual covers - they’re quite a popular idea with groups at the moment and I saw this mock-up on Instagram:

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• These would sell like hot cakes.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• That would not be good for my bank account!!!

Comment

• The Sun report...

The SPICE GIRLS made their return to the stage in 2019 and now they are eyeing up a comeback on the big screen too, with a sequel to their 1997 hit movie Spice World.

I am told the group have approached a renowned screenwriter about coming up with a script for a follow-up flick ahead of its 25th anniversary next year.

The project is being plotted by Ginger Spice Geri Horner, who is managing the group. Melanie C, Emma Bunton and Mel B are tentatively on board and hoping the project could tempt back reluctant former bandmate Victoria Beckham.

Posh Spice has insisted she will not be part of their next tour, which they had planned for this year, but they are hoping the script could persuade her to finally return for the movie.

The four bandmates last reunited in 2019, for a 13-date sellout stadium tour across the UK and Ireland.

A film industry source said: “The girls have been talking about how to mark the film’s anniversary and are actively considering making a tongue-in-cheek sequel.

“They have approached a screenwriter who is considering working on the project and making tentative steps forward.

“It is still in the early stages but they are talking to established names in the business, which proves they are taking a big screen comeback seriously.”

Representatives for the group declined to comment.

The original film starred the band as well as Richard E. Grant, Meat Loaf, Sir Elton John and several other stars. It made more than 70million, to become the highest-grossing movie of all time by a musical group, despite being met with negative reviews.

Another film based on the Nineties group was announced by Paramount in 2019, which will feature the voices of all five girls as animated superheroes. It had been scheduled for release in 2020 but progress is believed to have stalled.

The girls reunited with their former manager Simon Fuller for their most recent comeback tour but they have since parted ways again. Sporty Spice Mel C said in December: “Geri is pretty much managing us right now. The thing is, we’re pretty much unmanageable.”

The British group sold more than 90million records worldwide and scored nine UK No1 singles.

Victoria insisted she wanted to focus on her family and fashion business rather than return to the group.

She said: “It took me a lot of courage not to go on tour with the Spice Girls again, but to be the one who says, ‘You know, I’m not doing it because things feel different now than they used to’.

“I’d rather concentrate on my family and my company.”

Given 2022 will also mark ten years since they last performed together at the Olympic Closing Ceremony in London, it’s about time she brought back Posh Spice.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• I have no idea how that would work, but it sounds like such a bad idea it might actually work - for a second time

The group have been actively leaking things to The Sun and giving them exclusives for the last few years, so I’m inclined to think there’s some truth in this.

I guess the plot would have to be ‘getting the band back together for a one off concert’, with Posh convinced to take part right at the last second. It would only work if they played their characters - no one is here for them as they are now. We want Scary, Baby, Ginger, Posh and Sporty.

The Spice Bus also needs upgrading to a Spice Plane - which should be a huge mansion inside, that somehow Posh ends knowing how to fly in heels.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

• I’d only be up for it if posh was there too.

I mean the first one was so bad it’s good. But I feel that’s nostalgia talking more than hahaah

Comment

Working...
                                                    X