No announcement yet.

Spice Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years ago today the Spice Girls performed their last performance as an active band:

It was their last public appearance as a band, and they announced a hiatus just two months later. It would be 7 years before they performed live together again.

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

That's what I've always heard as well.
      ‘I won’t tell no lie’ ... no?
      Last edited by nekoocz; Mon November 16, 2020, 17:57.
      nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• ^
        Yes!

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
        20 years ago today the Spice Girls performed their last performance as an active band:

It was their last public appearance as a band, and they announced a hiatus just two months later. It would be 7 years before they performed live together again.
        Up to this day this performance still "hurts" to me...
        Melanie C was in such a bad position, mentally and physically... Lost in the choreo, her attitude... She simply didn't want to be there.

But not only her, the full performance was so weak...
        I can't believe they thought a lip-synched performance of just them 4 doing their choreo in such a huge stage would be enough compared to the shows of the other performers that night... Something like the Brits 00 performance, just a few months before, would have been amazing.
        Just them 5 was enough to fill a huge stage back in the day, no need for dancers or any big props... but that was when their iconic attitude was there. And that performance lacked all the Spice Girls meant.

Comment

• I think they were basically attempting to recreate the music video on the cheap. It may not exactly sound like that today but "Holler", despite being good, felt so un-Spice Girls when it was released (it was basically a song more appropriate to any of the female R&B groups of the time than to Spice Girls) and the girls seemed so genuinely uninterested in their third album (especially in comparison to the excitement all of them minus Victoria showed for their solo projects) that it was obvious that the reunion would be short-lived.
          jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
            ^
            Yes!

Up to this day this performance still "hurts" to me...
            Melanie C was in such a bad position, mentally and physically... Lost in the choreo, her attitude... She simply didn't want to be there.

But not only her, the full performance was so weak...
            I can't believe they thought a lip-synched performance of just them 4 doing their choreo in such a huge stage would be enough
            Melanie C wasn’t in a good place in any of the Forever promo. However I remember reading an interview with Melanie where basically she admitted they were supposed to sing live but their team brought the wrong backing tape.
            Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I actually love that performance at the EMAs. I dont know why but i think it looks cool.

Comment

Working...
              X