Fleetwood Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwood Mac

Does anyone Know if Fleetwood Mac are getting together to do a Tour ?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... y-20121212

Fleetwood Mac couldn't quite come together on a new album, so the band is going with a tried-and-true classic instead: they're planning to mark the 35th anniversary of Rumours with deluxe and expanded editions that are due early next year.

The new three-disc expanded edition will include the original album, a dozen unreleased live recordings from the group's 1977 world tour and a disc of unreleased takes from recording sessions for Rumours. The deluxe version includes everything in the expanded edition, along with an additional disc of outtakes, a DVD of the 1977 documentary The Rosebud Film and a copy of the album on vinyl. The expanded edition will cost $24.98, and the deluxe edition will sell for $99.98.

Rumours has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide since its release in 1977. The new versions are due January 29th on Rhino, and will accompany Fleetwood Mac's first tour since 2009, which kicks off April 4th in Columbus, Ohio.
    >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

So new album afterall. :(

Comment

I'm having a 'Landslide' day..
        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Bummer there's no new album. I loved "Say You Will" and both Stevie and Lindsey's latest albums were quite strong. Touring the oldies for $$$$ is boring. I'd rather hear new music.
          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Love these guys! Need new music from them though - they have their classics, but I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of their albums haven't aged very well (still love listening to them though!)

Comment

I'm seeing them at Madison Square Garden in April.
              I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

I am really only familiar with Rumours and Tango in the Night out of their studio albums.

Christine McVie was my favourite and Fleetwood Mac not good without her. Infact it is so long since they all were really good - a new album or tour would be sad.

Lindsay Buckingham was good too. I never really liked Stevie Nicks - her voice to me is harsh and ugly.

Comment

Christine had a much more "warm" voice to her, but I always loved Stevie's lyrics better. IMO she as a solo artist was almost as good as she was with FM.

Comment

Hi, so I'm kinda in the process of going through Fleetwood Mac's albums one by one and I was wondering if 'Behind the Mask' and 'Time' are even worth checking out? From what I've read, they're not that popular with anyone.
                    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by mrlemonade
                      I was wondering if 'Behind the Mask' and 'Time' are even worth checking out? From what I've read, they're not that popular with anyone.
                      You'll miss some beauties thinking like that, just have a listen through, even if it's just the once.
                      My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Well I planned to give them a chance eventually, but just wanted to know if their unpopularity was ''The Red Shoes/Volta unpopularity'' meaning underrated, but cool album or more like something really bad So I know whether to try them now or leave them for after I've listened through everything else
                        last.fm

Comment

Very sad news regarding John McVie. I'm guessing that's why Christine McVie was in Amsterdam at the weekend with the band. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Comment

Hi, so I'm kinda in the process of going through Fleetwood Mac's albums one by one and I was wondering if 'Behind the Mask' and 'Time' are even worth checking out? From what I've read, they're not that popular with anyone.
                            Behind the Mask has a few good songs on it - Freedom, Love Is Dangerous, In the Back of My Mind, When It Comes to Love. I don't own Time. I highly recommend, if you haven't already, checking out the song Heart of Stone, a great Christine McVie song that's hidden away on The Chain box set.

Comment

^
                              Will do! I checked out Behind the Mask and it's not bad at all (highlight is definitely "The Second Time")! I even prefer it over Rumours, which I really can't get that into. I don't understand its popularity, IMO Tusk, Mirage and Tango in the Night are better. It was thanks to Tango that I got interested in FM.

I'm not sure about Time, as I seem to mostly like tracks with Stevie as the vocalist, and without her, I doubt I'll like it. I will give it a try sooner or later, though
                              last.fm

Comment

^
                                Will do! I checked out Behind the Mask and it's not bad at all (highlight is definitely "The Second Time")! I even prefer it over Rumours, which I really can't get that into. I don't understand its popularity, IMO Tusk, Mirage and Tango in the Night are better. It was thanks to Tango that I got interested in FM.

I'm not sure about Time, as I seem to mostly like tracks with Stevie as the vocalist, and without her, I doubt I'll like it. I will give it a try sooner or later, though
                                Tango in the Night is one of the best albums of the '80s. I know it gets a lot of criticism for being a lot poppier than their other albums but that was the fashion back in the '80s, bringing the synthesizers and drum machines to the forefront and experimenting with new music technology. Christine and Lindsey completely own that record, producing some of the best songs of their careers - Isn't It Midnight, Little Lies, Everywhere, Family Man, Caroline, Big Love, Tango in the Night. Stevie, while having the great Seven Wonders, slipped with her other two compositions, especially the awful When I See You Again.

As for the popularity of Rumours, a lot of it was due to it being released at just the right time. FM radio was taking off in the US in a big way and Fleetwood Mac and their rich California rock sound fitted in perfectly. It really does capture its era. What I really like is the darkness that lies under many of the songs. Everything the band was going through, all the turmoil, the anger, the jealousy, the sadness, etc. is on the record for everyone to listen to, plus the harmonies, the songwriting, the musicianship and the production are fantastic and timeless. Saying that, I do think it's a shame that the album has overshadowed a lot of their other work. I go through phases with it, sometimes I'll listen to it quite a lot and other times I won't bother or will only listen to a few songs. Tusk is definitely my favourite FM album. Stevie has never topped the five songs she wrote for that album. Mirage is a great album, though it was a blatant attempt at trying to get back into the groove of Rumours after the disappointing sales of Tusk. I personally find most of Behind the Mask bland and forgettable; I would even argue that many of the songs sound more dated than those on Tango. Time seems to have its own little following. I've streamed the songs online and they have zero appeal to me, though Bekka Bramlett is a pretty decent singer.

Have you checked out the Bob Welch era of the band?

Comment

Good discussion. I agree with NightMoves, I think Rumours was a right album at the right time. FM were already starting to take off in popularity in America with the 1975 album and it just clicked at the right time, kinda like Adele's 21 as a more recent album.

All of the albums with Buckingham/Nicks are great. I wasn't too crazy on the recent EP though as to me it felt more like a Lindsey Buckingham EP with Stevie Nicks singing backup on it. Her track on the Dave Grohl "Sound City" album earlier this year was better than any of the FM tracks on the EP.

Comment

Originally posted by NightMoves
                                    ^
                                    Tusk is definitely my favourite FM album. Stevie has never topped the five songs she wrote for that album.
                                    Completely agree, I can't stop listening to Sara, Storms and Beautiful Child, they're one of the most beautiful songs from FM I have heard.

And you should try The Second Time from Behind the Mask, one of the best Stevie songs and unfortunately unnoticed along with the rest of the album. That song needs to be ''revived'' somehow. I hope it'll get played eventually in American Horror Story

I haven't checked out anything prior to their '75 self-titled album, but I will eventually. I have I feeling I won't like it that much 'cause I'm not into the blues/rock stuff. I'll definitely give it a chance, though.
                                    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                                      Good discussion. I agree with NightMoves, I think Rumours was a right album at the right time. FM were already starting to take off in popularity in America with the 1975 album and it just clicked at the right time, kinda like Adele's 21 as a more recent album.

All of the albums with Buckingham/Nicks are great. I wasn't too crazy on the recent EP though as to me it felt more like a Lindsey Buckingham EP with Stevie Nicks singing backup on it. Her track on the Dave Grohl "Sound City" album earlier this year was better than any of the FM tracks on the EP.

I have to admit that I haven't downloaded the FM EP yet. I agree with it sounding more like a Lindsey Buckingham EP with Stevie Nicks singing backup on it rather than a collective FM recording. Stevie could have easily brought a few more songs to the table and sung lead on them to balance things out. I honestly don't think she has any interest in recording another Fleetwood Mac album unless Christine is involved. I would love one last FM album featurning all five members from the Rumours line-up (as long as John gets better) and a big world tour.

Comment

^
                                        Tusk is definitely my favourite FM album. Stevie has never topped the five songs she wrote for that album.
                                        Completely agree, I can't stop listening to Sara, Storms and Beautiful Child, they're one of the most beautiful songs from FM I have heard.

And you should try The Second Time from Behind the Mask, one of the best Stevie songs and unfortunately unnoticed along with the rest of the album. That song needs to be ''revived'' somehow. I hope it'll get played eventually in American Horror Story

I haven't checked out anything prior to their '75 self-titled album, but I will eventually. I have I feeling I won't like it that much 'cause I'm not into the blues/rock stuff. I'll definitely give it a chance, though.
                                        Sara is my favourite Fleetwood Mac song, I've listened to it hundreds of times and I will never grow tired of it. It's great that the band have delved into tracks like Beautiful Child, Storms and Sisters of the Moon for their last three tours. I'll definitely give The Second Time another listen . The Bob Welch era of the band is sadly underrated and often skimmed over in documentaries about the band. A lot of Bob Welch's songs have the same haunting, atmospheric quality that Stevie's do. I definitely recommend checking out the songs Hypnotized, Emerald Eyes, Bermuda Triangle, Safe Harbour, Born Enchanter, Sentimental Lady, Night Watch and Future Games.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails

I have to admit that I haven't downloaded the FM EP yet. I agree with it sounding more like a Lindsey Buckingham EP with Stevie Nicks singing backup on it rather than a collective FM recording. Stevie could have easily brought a few more songs to the table and sung lead on them to balance things out. I honestly don't think she has any interest in recording another Fleetwood Mac album unless Christine is involved. I would love one last FM album featurning all five members from the Rumours line-up (as long as John gets better) and a big world tour.
                                          True. I hope we get another solo Stevie album at least. In Your Dreams was one of my top albums of 2011.

Comment

Read the sad news about John McVie earlier, and since then I've been watching a tonne of live performances from these guys - so many good performances, particularly the Rhiannon live performances with Stevie Nicks' incredible vocals.

Comment

The Deep Dish feat. Stevie Nicks version of Dreams is so fuc*ing good! I even like it more than the original! The beats, the music video, Stevie's voice... perfection really. And the haunting lyrics of the song are highlighted more in this version imo, especially if you watch the video while listening to it
                                              last.fm

Comment

looks like we might be getting a Fleetwood Mac attack in 2014. John McVie's cancer treatment is almost finished and his health is improving and.... Christine McVie is returning!!!!!!

Comment

Will they be working on new music or more touring?
                                                  Queen of country music...Timmy McGraw

Comment

Working...
                                                  X