Fleetwood Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlemonade
    The Deep Dish feat. Stevie Nicks version of Dreams is so fuc*ing good! I even like it more than the original! The beats, the music video, Stevie's voice... perfection really. And the haunting lyrics of the song are highlighted more in this version imo, especially if you watch the video while listening to it
    I despise that remix. I can't believe Stevie Nicks even allowed it to be included on Crystal Visions.

Comment

Originally posted by NightMoves
      The Deep Dish feat. Stevie Nicks version of Dreams is so fuc*ing good! I even like it more than the original! The beats, the music video, Stevie's voice... perfection really. And the haunting lyrics of the song are highlighted more in this version imo, especially if you watch the video while listening to it
      I despise that remix. I can't believe Stevie Nicks even allowed it to be included on Crystal Visions.
      I agree with mrlemonade, I love it as well. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of such dance remixes but this one is great.
      My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by TheResonantIpod
        Will they be working on new music or more touring?
        The article said that McVie has been writing new songs and sending them to Buckingham. This years' EP was meant to just be a teaser for a forthcoming full-length album. With McVie back in the fold, hopefully we'll get that album sometime in 2014.
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

If they release an album in 2014, and with the good ol' Buckingham-Nicks-McVie combination, 2014 could easily be my favourite album year
          last.fm

Comment

I'm getting into them little by little. I loved "Fleetwood Mac" and obviously "Rumours", it took me quite some time to get into "Tusk" but now I love it too, in fact it's shaping up to be my favorite album from them slowly slowly. I like the Stevie Nicks tracks the most but Christine has a beautiful voice too. The Buckingham tracks, well they are nice on the albums but I don't think I would be that interested in his solo albums tbh
            jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

If Christine is working on album material, it gives me hope that it will be good. An entire Buckingham-Nicks album is never great and neither was the EP. Buckingham is hit and miss for me. His tracks on Tango In The Night bring it down.

Comment

Tbh, I rarely like his songs. Stevie's are the ones I like most, practically all of them (except the cheesy When I See You Again on Tango), and I like the occasional McVie song, but Buckingham not so much.

Is something wrong with me because of the fact that I still haven't gotten into FM and Rumours, but really like Tusk, Mirage, Tango, and even Behind the Mask?
                last.fm

Comment

Mirage is a weird one. It desperately needs remastering.

Comment

Tbh, I rarely like his songs. Stevie's are the ones I like most, practically all of them (except the cheesy When I See You Again on Tango), and I like the occasional McVie song, but Buckingham not so much.

Is something wrong with me because of the fact that I still haven't gotten into FM and Rumours, but really like Tusk, Mirage, Tango, and even Behind the Mask?
                    I liked his songs on "Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumours". On "Tusk" I don't like them much by themselves but I think it's his songs that actually make the album. I mean they are pleasant enough as album tracks plus they make the girls' songs shine in a way. I mean take them out and you would have an album full of ballads left and that wouldn't sound that interesting. They kind of provide the edge to the album and that's great. And of course the title track is a great song as is "The Ledge" and "That's Enough For Me". Sorry I keep talking about those first three albums but that's where I am at so far. When I will get to the rest of them I'll let you know
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

Yep, I agree with you, his songs are equally important, just a matter of preference!

I think Behind the Mask is underrated. People say it sounds uninspired, which is probably true, but that would also make Mirage uninspired as well, since the two sound a lot alike. Sure, it doesn't have its Gypsy, but The Second Time is pretty close imo, such a gorgeous and underrated Stevie gem.
                      last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                        I'm getting into them little by little. I loved "Fleetwood Mac" and obviously "Rumours", it took me quite some time to get into "Tusk" but now I love it too, in fact it's shaping up to be my favorite album from them slowly slowly. I like the Stevie Nicks tracks the most but Christine has a beautiful voice too. The Buckingham tracks, well they are nice on the albums but I don't think I would be that interested in his solo albums tbh
                        It took me a while to get into Tusk, it was only with repeated listens that I started to enjoy a lot of Lindsey Buckingham's tracks. Stevie Nicks has never topped the songs she recorded on that album. Brown Eyes and Honey Hi are two of Christine McVie's best songs.

Originally posted by Brad
                        If Christine is working on album material, it gives me hope that it will be good. An entire Buckingham-Nicks album is never great and neither was the EP. Buckingham is hit and miss for me. His tracks on Tango In The Night bring it down.
                        Say You Will could have been a really strong 12 track album had the band cut six tracks, thankfully they vetoed the idea of making it a double, it's bloated as it is with 18 tracks. I've always wished that the Trouble In Shangri-La outtake version of Thrown Down had made Say You Will, the rerecorded version lacks some of the magic of the earlier 2001 version. I would love one last Fleetwood Mac album with Christine.

In my opinion, Lindsey Buckingham's tracks on Tango in the Night are amongst the best he's ever recorded with the band. I sometimes think about how epic the tour for the album would have been had he not left the band. He needs to perform the title track on his next solo tour or Fleetwood Mac's. The best song of the album is Christine McVie's Isn't It Midnight, the guitar solo at the end is epic. Other than Seven Wonders, Stevie's other two contributions, especially When I See You Again, are pretty forgettable. Hopefully we'll get a deluxe version with all the 12" remixes.

Originally posted by Brad
                        Mirage is a weird one. It desperately needs remastering.
                        Mirage is an album that, despite it being a #1 in the US, always seems to get skipped over in documentaries about the band. It's a shame that Stevie's "angry" version of Smile At You wasn't included on the album, it's so much better than Straight Back.

Comment

In my opinion, Lindsey Buckingham's tracks on Tango in the Night are amongst the best he's ever recorded with the band.
                          Yeah, people seem to love them or hate them. I think they were repetitive and his voice didn't suit the more pop sound. Christine is the one who shines most on that album with Everywhere, Little Lies, and Isn't It Midnight being the highlights. The tracks Christine and Buckingham worked together on are also pretty good.

It's a shame that Stevie's "angry" version of Smile At You wasn't included on the album, it's so much better than Straight Back.
                          Yes, Straight Back is one of her worst songs.

Comment

I hope the new album will be better than last year's EP. That felt more like a Lindsey Buckingham solo album that just had the Fleetwood members as guests. Stevie was almost nowhere to be found except for the one duet track with Lindsey. I did like Say You Will, but that album felt more 50/50. I also didn't care too much for the production on the EP, it was mastered way too loud.

Comment

I can't wait to get this, but I'm a little gutted the DVD isn't the Tusk documentary and tour.

An expanded reissue of Fleetwood Mac‘s underrated 1979 double album Tusk is on the way. Available in a variety of formats on Dec. 4, the set promises to shed to new light on the group’s most ambitious project.

Tusk ended up selling more than four million copies, reaching No. 1 on the U.K. album charts behind favorites like “Sara,” the title track and “Think About Me.” Still, in following the blockbuster Rumours, that was considered a disappointment in some circles. The Grammy-nominated album’s more experimental touches also confused a faction of newer fans.

It’s all explored across a forthcoming 5CD/1DVD/2 LP deluxe edition of Tusk, which will also be available in a 3CD expanded edition, and a 1CD remaster.

The deluxe version includes the original remastered music, an alternate version of the complete album substituting session outtakes – most of which are previously unheard – as well as singles, demos and remixes. Highlights include an early version of “That’s Enough for Me,” which was then titled “Out on the Road.” Two additional discs focus on performances from Fleetwood Mac’s 1979 dates in support of Tusk, recorded in London, St. Louis and Tuscon. This edition is completed with a 5.1 surround mix on DVD-audio, a two-disc vinyl set, and an elegant booklet with expanded liner notes and new interviews.

The expanded edition includes the remastered original album, the alternate edition of sessions outtakes, as well as the singles, demos and remixes. Meanwhile, the reunited Tusk-era lineup continues a hugely successful world tour. Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie and Stevie Nicks recently sold out six shows at the O2 Arena in London.

Read More: Fleetwood Mac's Underrated 'Tusk' Will be Explored in Expanded Reissue | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwoo ... ck=tsmclip
                              http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...-tusk-reissue/

Comment

Too bad they didn't decide to put the Tusk documentary on DVD, it hasn't been available on video since the early 80s.

You can catch it on YouTube though at least, but it would be nice to have it officially released again.

Stoked for the Tusk reissue, that is one of my fave albums of theirs and one that never gets the sort of love Rumours gets.

Comment

I need a new tour :(
                                  ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

I really like their songs.

Little Lies
                                    Dreams
                                    Rhiannon
                                    Gypsy

It brings so much nostalgia for me.
                                    Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

Re: Fleetwood Mac

Got floor seats to their Oct 10th show.. so excited! Never seen them, though I did see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie last fall when they toured behind their record. But sadly Lindsey's no longer in the band, though I'm glad I've gotten to see him anyways

Comment

What a brilliant band! In all their incarnations, they've had amazing songs and I am miffed to take them seriously this late into their career. And even that's thanks to Stevie Nicks' appearance on American Horror Story! Currently obsessed with "Tusk".
                                        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Fleetwood Mac have announced a new limited-edition vinyl box set collecting the band’s five albums released between 1975 and 1987. Due out on November 29th and limited to 2,000 copies, the collection includes Fleetwood Mac on white vinyl; Rumours on clear vinyl; Tusk on a silver vinyl 2-LP set; Mirage on violet vinyl; and Tango In The Night on green vinyl. Pre-orders are now ongoing.

Source
                                          >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Fleetwood Mac / 1969 to 1974

8CD box set with bonus tracks • 4LP vinyl package

Rhino will soon issue Fleetwood Mac 1969 to 1974 a new 8CD box set that covers a five-year timeframe and several different band line-ups of the band, from founding members Fleetwood, Green, McVie and Spencer; to later additions like Danny Kirwan, Christine McVie, Dave Walker, Bob Welch, and Bob Weston.

This CD collection includes seven remastered studio albums: Then Play On (1969), Kiln House (1970), Future Games (1971), Bare Trees (1972), Penguin (1973), Mystery To Me (1973), and Heroes Are Hard To Find (1974). Six of the seven include bonus tracks, with single versions, non-album tracks and some alternates.

The bonus eighth CD is an unreleased recording of the band’s 15 December 1974 concert at The Record Plant in Sausalito, California. The performance captures the band – Fleetwood, Welch and the McVies – on tour supporting their latest album, Heroes Are Hard To Find (the show was simulcast on the KSAN-FMl radio station in San Francisco).

Packaging-wise, this is a clam shell box with a 12-page booklet.

At the same time a vinyl box will be issued. Fleetwood Mac 1973 to 1974 is a late follow-up to the 1969-1972 vinyl box from 2013. This features Penguin (1973), Mystery To Me (1973), and Heroes Are Hard To Find (1974) and the live album from December 1974. Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering has cut the lacquers for all the albums from the original analog masters, which are pressed on 140-gram vinyl and presented in replica sleeves made to look like the original pressings.

This vinyl set comes with a bonus seven-inch single featuring ‘For Your Love’ (Mono Promo Edit) on one side, and the previously unreleased ‘Good Things (Come To Those Who Wait)’ on the flipside. Both of those are bonus tracks on the Mystery to Me CD in the new box set.

Both the 8CD box and the 4LP vinyl set are available to pre-order via the SDE shop using this link or the buttons below. They are released on 4 September 2020, via Rhino.
                                            >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

RIP Peter Green

Last edited by Ohanna; Sat July 25, 2020, 23:52.
                                              You Love The 90's Dance Era?
                                              http://www.1.fm/station/partyzone90s

Comment

those box sets look great!
                                                Me wanna

Comment

Working...
                                                X