Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monica

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monica

    Ok I have checked all 14 pages of this forum and I didn't see one for her! She deserves one! She can't be that irrelevant!

    *prays it doesn't get locked*

  • #2
    I hope her next album is more experimental and fresh.


    I love Monica though, one of the best voices in music today.
    Originally posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

    Comment


    • #3
      Her last album was a good one, with an amazing 1st single.....

      Comment


      • #4
        I love 'Anything (To Find You)' but the rest of the album was boring. The duet with Brandy is okay, but underwhelming.

        I don't want to say she deserved to flop, but hopefully she will try harder next time.

        I can just imagine the new album being called 'Lesson Learned'.

        Comment


        • #5
          She really needs a new sound and theme for herself! I can't stand that she will be working with Rico again. He really didn't do anything special for her. I find it somewhat impressive that new life managed to push 165K with no hit at all!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's actually over 175K

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by biscuits
              It's actually over 175K
              EVEN BETTER!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by biscuits
                I love 'Anything (To Find You)' but the rest of the album was boring. The duet with Brandy is okay, but underwhelming.

                I don't want to say she deserved to flop, but hopefully she will try harder next time.

                I can just imagine the new album being called 'Lesson Learned'.
                Lol wasn't that her Still Standing album original title?


                I would love for her to work more with Polow Da Don, Without You was wonderful. I also love all of her stuff with Missy Elliot.
                Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                - Ugh, those feels again

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                  Originally posted by biscuits
                  I love 'Anything (To Find You)' but the rest of the album was boring. The duet with Brandy is okay, but underwhelming.

                  I don't want to say she deserved to flop, but hopefully she will try harder next time.

                  I can just imagine the new album being called 'Lesson Learned'.
                  Lol wasn't that her Still Standing album original title?


                  I would love for her to work more with Polow Da Don, Without You was wonderful. I also love all of her stuff with Missy Elliot.
                  +1 this! I agree with that!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh my god! I want a new theme from her! I have a feeling that her new album will be called ''The Next Chapter'' or ''Beginnings''.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GetBack
                      Oh my god! I want a new theme from her! I have a feeling that her new album will be called ''The Next Chapter'' or ''Beginnings''.
                      Oh God no! She might as well release another ETTBD pt.2 the beat drops again ft. Khia

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I love her. Still Standing is one of my favorite songs ever
                        Haven't been early since '88

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would love for Monica to work with Diane Warren!

                          Still standing is a great album! One in a lifetime should have gotten a proper release! Still standing also should've been sent to radio. Urban would've eaten that song up! So many potentials on that album but opportunities were wasted!

                          1. The boy is mine
                          2. Still standing
                          3. Miss Thang
                          4. The makings of me
                          5. After the storm
                          6. New life

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My Monica album order.

                            1. After The Storm/All Eyez On Me
                            2. Still Standing
                            3. The Makings Of Me (almost tied with Still Standing...only if it didn't have that horrid first single)
                            4. The Boy Is Mine
                            5. New Life
                            6. Miss Thing
                            Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                            - Ugh, those feels again

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                              My Monica album order.

                              1. After The Storm/All Eyez On Me
                              2. Still Standing
                              3. The Makings Of Me (almost tied with Still Standing...only if it didn't have that horrid first single)
                              4. The Boy Is Mine
                              5. New Life
                              6. Miss Thing
                              Ms. Thang is your least favorite?!
                              "The Art of Letting Go" 11/11!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I pretend like Everytime The Beat Drops never happened!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  "Sideline Ho" is amazing!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Sideline Ho, HEll No (Leave Home), Why Her! Those were amazing!

                                    I love me some Monica! I always appeciates the music she gives us!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Does anyone here love the album All Eyez on Me? I really love the singles, even "Just Another Girl" was my jam!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by GetBack
                                        Does anyone here love the album All Eyez on Me? I really love the singles, even "Just Another Girl" was my jam!
                                        *raises hand* me!

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by MCdoitbig
                                          Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                          My Monica album order.

                                          1. After The Storm/All Eyez On Me
                                          2. Still Standing
                                          3. The Makings Of Me (almost tied with Still Standing...only if it didn't have that horrid first single)
                                          4. The Boy Is Mine
                                          5. New Life
                                          6. Miss Thing
                                          Ms. Thang is your least favorite?!
                                          Yes...I mean it's good for nostalgic reasons, but I thought the album was mediocre. Which most albums were for 90's young teens.

                                          I think the only one 90's act teen album I half way enjoyed was Aaliyah's Age Ain't Nothing But A Number.
                                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                                          - Ugh, those feels again

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            I wonder why they won't certify after the storm platinum??? The sales are over 1 million!

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              I have been listening to Monica's previous work from the 90's and I love all the tracks that have that r&b/AC appeal (for You I will and I'll be right here waiting for you) I wish she would do those type of songs again!

                                              Also I love the sample taken from shape of my heart in take him back!

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                I miss those 1990s AC songs from her too! Those songs made me love her so much! Anyway, I hope the rumor about the new album next year is true, I am so excited for Monica.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by GetBack
                                                  I miss those 1990s AC songs from her too! Those songs made me love her so much! Anyway, I hope the rumor about the new album next year is true, I am so excited for Monica.
                                                  She confirmed it herself she tweeted a picture with her and her label heads! She already announced the producers!

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X