No announcement yet.

George Michael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So today I was watching a lot of George Michael Interviews and reading old interviews about his career in the US back in the 90s. His solo albums from Faith - Patience were a success across EU but the last two Older and Patience weren't in the USA.

George said he left the US around 1991 because of fame and then took Sony to court etc etc we all know the typical story.

So my questions to his American fans if there are any on this website. How much did his popularity decline in the US after LWP Vol 1 just out of curiosity ?

EU fans can answer and offer their prescriptive if they want
    Last edited by JayCrawford1964; Thu May 13, 2021, 22:09.

Comment

• i gave Older another try today... It still sucks IMO, too much filler, sounds like he's high, the majority of the songs, weak vocal performances, production is too samey. The only good songs IMO are Jesus To A Child, Older, Fast Love and You Have Been Loved.

The damage was done by then. 1984-1992 was George in his prime

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCrawford1964 View Post
        So my questions to his American fans if there are any on this website. How much did his popularity decline in the US after LWP Vol 1 just out of curiosity ?
        I think Older had some success. I believe it was the bathroom incident that really hurt his career here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I think Older had some success. I believe it was the bathroom incident that really hurt his career here.
          Apparently Older failed in the US, from my experience his US fans have told me they never heard of the album until that compilation album or years somehow.

Comment

• His Instagram has teased something Older-related coming later in the year and many are speculating a 25 year anniversary vinyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
              His Instagram has teased something Older-related coming later in the year and many are speculating a 25 year anniversary vinyl.
              I wouldn't get too excited... I have a feeling they might announce something completely different which isn't Older related. Cant trust these estates now lol

Comment

Apparently Older failed in the US, from my experience his US fans have told me they never heard of the album until that compilation album or years somehow.
                idk looking at wiki, in the US, it was a top ten platinum album that yielded two top ten gold-certified singles, so it's not like it flopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  He is one of the greatest artists of all-time, and one of my favourite singers ever.

This remix of Spinning The Wheel is pure bliss...

[youtube:2lral72z]g5vhT_JVvCE[/youtube:2lral72z]

His string of hits from 1984 through until probably 2004-ish is the most impressive streak of hits in UK chart history IMO.

The last 10 years have been criminally quiet, primarily due to the issues he's experiencing in his personal life. But if he can ever get close to THIS level of epicness, I'll be ecstatic! [can't believe that's 10 years old]
                  I agree with this, his UK chart reign from 84 - 04 was amazing, in fact across EU to be honest

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                    [youtube:2ya955o0]D9cmPhRnIyY[/youtube:2ya955o0]

Funny how his singles were more successful in the US than in the UK from 1987 to 1990 but from the mid-90s onwards it was the other way around.
                    according to George, his radioplay stopped after he took on Sony... So it'd make sense to be honest why from 1996-04 he was gaining hits in the EU scene more than the US

Comment

• Radio 2 have been counting down his best songs since 1pm with contributions from celebrity fans and friends, I’m going to listen back another time in full as I’ve only just tuned in.

One More Try followed by You Have Been Loved, two beautiful songs. He really was special and made his debut in the UK charts 40 years ago this year.

Comment

• Anything from 1984-1992 he could do no wrong. Later? Meh with a few songs

Comment

• inbox fitness coupon
                          Savingcentstogether is giving the most arranged coupons and promotion arrangements of inbox wellness coupons. To coupons for rec center participations or limits on close to home instructional meetings. The expression "inbox fitness coupon" is commonly utilized concerning an email (or comparative electronic) commercial for such administrations, albeit the overall thought of a coupon could be applied to print media also.

Comment

• Daily Mail UK

Three unheard George Michael tracks to be released - six years after iconic singer's death... as star's songwriting partner rules out possible hologram tour

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-released.html

Comment

i gave Older another try today... It still sucks IMO, too much filler, sounds like he's high, the majority of the songs, weak vocal performances, production is too samey. The only good songs IMO are Jesus To A Child, Older, Fast Love and You Have Been Loved.

The damage was done by then. 1984-1992 was George in his prime
                              naw. I was read review about album in newspaper. they wrote it is "nearly perfect"

Comment

• Older is a gem of an album. Love it. Patience is amazing too tbh. Pun intended lol

Fast love remains my favorite GM song
                                Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

• Just played Older to celebrate his birthday today
                                  What a great album,we miss him so.

Comment

• George Michael Official

@GeorgeMOfficial
                                    ·
                                    2 Std.
                                    Today we celebrate and remember George on his birthday Please share in the comments your favourite memories of George and what his music means to you.
                                    @rankinphoto

Comment

• The George Michael Collector
                                      @AllAccessGeorge
                                      ·
                                      27. Aug.
                                      Celebrating 34years ago today On August 27, 1988, "Monkey" by George Michael hits the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for 2 weeks. #georgemichael #monkey

Comment

• Comment

• ALBUMISM
                                          @Albumism
                                          ·
                                          4 Std.
                                          TODAY IN ALBUM HISTORY: #GeorgeMichael's 'Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1' hit #1 on the UK albums chart 32 years ago on September 15, 1990 | LISTEN to the album + revisit our tribute: https://album.ink/GMichaelLWP

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Older - new edition
                                                  was released today.
                                                  My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    Older - new edition
                                                    was released today.
                                                    I saw 2 releases today: Older (Expanded edition) and Older+Upper

Comment

Working...
                                                    X