Deborah Cox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deborah Cox

Anyone know if she is releasing anything else here in the u.k?

Her last album The Morning After was brilliant and her past albums have been rather good too.
    The remix album was a little disappointing though

I heard she released a track called Something Happened On The Way To Heaven. Did it reach #1 in on the dance chart in the U.S? :-?
    *Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*

I believe Deborah has been dropped from J Records. I don't ahve the remixes album, but I do have her three main ones and they're all great. She recorded a cover of the Phil Collins hit "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" for the "Urban Renewal" album, also featuring "Another Day In Paradise" by Brandy & Ray-J and "In The Air Tonite" by Lil' Kim. I dunno if Deborah's cover got a US release, but I'm sure there's someone else on here who can help you out with that. We'll soon have McDreams on here to say the remixes album was the best thing ever, LOL!
    I'm giving you the RED LIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnamon
      I believe Deborah has been dropped from J Records.
      I've just read this on RnB dirt, here is the article

Deborah Cox and J Records have mutually decided to part ways, according to the singer's official site. "I've enjoyed working with Clive over the years. I've learned alot and we've had great success together." Deborah feels that change is good and looks forward to moving on.

Also, I never knew she gave birth to a baby boy in July 2003

Comment

Deborah's One Wish album is one of my alltime favourites! And The Morning After was great too!
        1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

I always feel so bad for Scarboro's number one Diva. All of her albums are really good, but she's cursed in the same way as Tamia - no one buys her shit!
          What is it with the lack of respect Canadian talents gets? Truly heartbreaking. Take Tamia and Deborah, leave Avril and Celine.
          What is the difference between being married and in love and being single and in a back seat? Hmmm?

Comment

I'll always remember walking into a Blockbuster in Fort Lauderdale, as you do, all nonchalant, and seeing the "Nobody's Supposed To Be Here" CD single on a little display upon the counter. At this point, I wasn't quite as good at knowing about when new music was coming out, probably 'cause we didn't have the internet yet, so it was a good surprise to find a brand new Deborah release. Naturally, I grabbed a copy and bought it for a cool $1.99 + tax! I proceeded to play it non-stop all the time I was over there. I used to LOVE going into American music stores, and it took my parents ages to rip me out of each one! I think "Nobody's Supposed To Be Here" is still my favourite song from Deborah, and the single also had the dance mix on it that later took our clubs by storm.

Anyway, yeah, I've known for a while that Deborah and J Records have parted ways, but I seriously doubt that we've seen the last of her.
            I'm giving you the RED LIGHT!

Comment

I certainally agree, we haven't heard the last from this lady.

Blockbuster sell music??

Comment

Yeah "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven" was recorded for Urban Renewall, but a remix of this song is on her remix album. Her remix album reached #4 on the top electronic albums !!! That's really good ! The first single taken from it, "Play Your Part (Remix)" was #1 on the Hot Dance Charts. The 2nd single from the album "Somrthing Happened On The Way To Heaven (Remix)" was #2 (i'm sure) but maybe #1 (I don't know)
                Brandy|Tha'Rayne|Yummy|Blaque|Monica|702|Canela|Xscape|Nicole|Whitney|Rhona|Mariah|Tamar|Tamia|Debelah|Lil'Mo|Shanice|Shola|Tracie...

Comment

I liked the orginal version of Play Your Part

Something Happened On The Way To Heaven was #1 for 16 weeks I think.
                  I just wasn't sure what chart it was

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie_2nite
                    I liked the orginal version of Play Your Part

Something Happened On The Way To Heaven was #1 for 16 weeks I think.
                    I just wasn't sure what chart it was
                    wow that's great !!!! She is better successfull with her dance tracks... yeah the R&B original version of "Play Your Part" is fantastic !!!!
                    Brandy|Tha'Rayne|Yummy|Blaque|Monica|702|Canela|Xscape|Nicole|Whitney|Rhona|Mariah|Tamar|Tamia|Debelah|Lil'Mo|Shanice|Shola|Tracie...

Comment

she's doing broadway soon. Aida, in the tradition of Heather headley, Toni B. and Michelle williams.

Comment

best song: up n down, with jadakiss, from the morning after

best remix: nobody's supposed to be here, it was hex hector who did the remix, right? it was phat as whitney's Thunderpuss of it's not right

Comment

I love Up & Down but I prefer Up & Down (In & Out) "You know I'm in a sexy mood"

I think the best remix has to be Things Just Aint The Same

Comment

I always hear her on dance music stations. They remix her songs to dance all the time.
                            Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                            2. Ugly Betty
                            3. Six Degrees

Comment

Deborah Cox

Deborah recently released a new dance single titled "Higher" (featuring Paige) and begins the Broadway run of "Jekyll and Hyde" on April 5th in New York. The J & H Concept Album is also out. She sounds amazing on "A New Life," "Someone Like You," "No One Knows Who I Am," "Dangerous Game," "In His Eyes," "Bring On The Men" and "Girls of the Night."

Comment

Revisited "The Morning After." I love this album. "Hurt So Much" should have been a single.

Comment

I used to have all her albums! I'm busy searching it, I might as well download it again!

Comment

She has a great voice and a couple of nice songs, but she doesn't have "it" to be more than just another R&B singer.

I love the "One Wish" album though

Comment

I absolutely loooved "beautiful u r" back in the day!
                                      I need to listen to it again!

Comment

See Deborah Cox Step Into Whitney Houston's Iconic Role in 'The Bodyguard'

"The Bodyguard" was the late singer Whitney Houston's first film. Now, a new singer is taking on the role of Rachel Marron in a stage version of the 1992 blockbuster.

Deborah Cox is set to go on a national tour of "The Bodyguard: The Musical," performing Houston's version of the Grammy Award-winning hit "I Will Always Love You," along with other songs from the movie's soundtrack.

Houston died in 2012.

In the first photo released from the musical, Cox, 42, wears a navy blue, trumpet evening gown by costume designer Tim Hatley.

It's perfect for her role as pop singer Marron, who -- in the film -- hires Frank Farmer, a Secret Service agent, after she receives death threats.

The musical will hit 20 cities in the U.S., starting Nov. 25 at Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, New Jersey.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/deb ... d=41203061
                                        Whitney Houston

Comment

Deborah Cox talks about Whitney Houston and taking over the lead role in “The Bodyguard”

Based on the smash hit film, the award-winning musical will star Grammy® Award-nominee and R&B superstar DEBORAH COX! Former Secret Service agent turned bodyguard, Frank Farmer, is hired to protect superstar Rachel Marron from an unknown stalker. Each expects to be in charge; what they don’t expect is to fall in love.

A breathtakingly romantic thriller, The Bodyguard features a host of irresistible classics including Queen of the Night, So Emotional, One Moment in Time, Saving All My Love, Run to You, I Have Nothing, I Wanna Dance with Somebody and one of the biggest selling songs of all time – I Will Always Love You. Based on Lawrence Kasdan’s Oscar-nominated Warner Bros. film and adapted by Academy Award-winner (Birdman) Alexander Dinelaris, The Bodyguard had its world premiere in London’s West End where it was nominated for four Laurence Olivier Awards including Best New Musical and won Best New Musical at the Whatsonstage Awards.
                                          The video is here
                                          Whitney Houston

Comment

[youtube:2i2i55s9]OSHQIcRfQ18[/youtube:2i2i55s9]
                                            Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Nippian93
                                              [youtube:19h8dn57]OSHQIcRfQ18[/youtube:19h8dn57]
                                              Wow!! I can see why Clive took on Deborah in anticipation that she would be the voice of the 90's ala the new Whitney.
                                              She's killing the game with thkse vocals. I will definitely lookout for an album
                                              Thanks for sharing.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

When is her album coming out :x
                                                Floped and localed

Comment

[youtube:1iztm3dg]nxmOa6GO974[/youtube:1iztm3dg]
                                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

Working...
                                                  X