Debbie Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debbie Gibson

Your Forever Girl is available on Spotify now.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by jochen
      Losing mysef was such a gem
      It was. One of her best songs ever. In the same league as Janet Jackson's That's The Way Love Goes.

Comment

Yes.
        YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

Debbie Gibson is working on her first Christmas album.
          She tweeted she has written three new original songs and is recording more.

Comment

Good girl
            YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

[youtube:kd5upyqk]BHFgraO6I64[/youtube:kd5upyqk]

Amazing how they turned it into a rock song.

Comment

New single by New Kids On The Block with Debbie Gibson as a feature in the video. (It's not her voice unfortunately.)

Comment

I love her first 2 albums, still hear some songs from time to time. Tiffany was also big at the time, but I was team Gibson.
                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                    I love her first 2 albums, still hear some songs from time to time. Tiffany was also big at the time, but I was team Gibson.
                    I bought Madonna's first two albums on CD in the summer of 1986. In 1987 Who's That Girl and You Can Dance followed. I had to play them on my brother's CD-player as I didn't get my own till my birthday in May 1988. My first non-Madonna CD was Tiffany's debut. Probably followed by Debbie Gibson's Out Of The Blue. But I've never enjoyed Tiffany's albums (I have the first two on CD) as much as Debbie's. For my Debbie was the new Madonna: brilliant in writing great pop songs.
                    Debbie's later albums are just as good as her first two. [MENTION=34987]AlphaMale[/MENTION], just listen to Losin' Myself or Naturally.

Comment

To m Debbie Gibson was the "new Madonna" too
                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Such a brilliant song. Her best in years IMO.

Who wouldn't want to play this on a night out? Gets you in the mood right away.

Can't wait for the new album.

Comment

Comment

OUT OF THE BLUE

Out of the Blue:
                            Such a wonderful opening track. Was a big hit in the USA. I love it so much. One of my all time favorite Debbie songs. Always brings a smile to my face. Great pop song.

Staying Together:
                            Great intro. Fifth single of the album. Although I like it and think every song is good (no fillers), I do think she should have gone for a different last single to close this era. It was a moderate hit in the UK though.

Only In My Dreams:
                            The song that started it all. Although big in the USA and released twice in my country, it didn't do well here. Still, it is a classic today. Great song and looking back, it did deserve to start off her carreer.

Foolish Beat:
                            LOVE LOVE LOVE this song sooooo much! So deserving to be a record breaking #1 hit. Although I love her pop up-tempo bops, her ballads are out of this world too. So much drama in this song, the sax solo, just everything is perfect. I never get bored of this song.

Red Hot:
                            Now this would have been a great fifth single IMO. Such a catchy track. Love it.

Wake Up To Love:
                            Although I do love this one, I think it may be may least favorite song on the album.

Shake Your Love:
                            This is the song that was her first Top 40 hit here in the Netherlands. It caught my sister's attention and she told me I should listen to it as it screamed my name. :-) So I did, and that's what started it all for me. Still a great song. Love the the break and the bridge, they really add something to the song. The video could have been better though. Especially knowing Paula Abdul did the choreography.

Fallen Angel:
                            LOVE this one. This is just pop perfection. Love the changes this song goes through. And every change is wonderful. It continues to stay intresting till the last second. I love that in a song.

Play The Field:
                            Wonderfully written. The arrangement is done brilliantly. This album shines in great arrangements though. It's like every line is very well thought of how to change it up, add a backing vocal, a sax solo... Just great.

Between The Lines:
                            Beautiful ballad to close the album. Like Fallen Angel it keeps getting better all way through till the very last end. A perfect closing song to a pop perfect album.

I'd love to see an Out Of The Blue review of you too:
                            [MENTION=32666]AndiIversen[/MENTION], [MENTION=34987]AlphaMale[/MENTION], [MENTION=35799]Madgefan[/MENTION], [MENTION=50446]Ohanna[/MENTION], [MENTION=5036]thebigham[/MENTION], [MENTION=26522]GetBack[/MENTION], [MENTION=31401]MsWeiss[/MENTION], [MENTION=42333]AlmondBreeze[/MENTION], [MENTION=32167]Controlfreak[/MENTION], [MENTION=28415]dhenapie[/MENTION], [MENTION=38685]red3269[/MENTION]

(We'll do an Electric Youth review soon, okay?)

Comment

Great review RayRay .. makes me feel 16 again It was an album I played over and over back then. Very innocent pop compared to Madonna who was/is my main musical love. But something really catchy and infectious about the tracks on that album. As I mentioned, you've had me getting out my Debbie Gibson albums, so it's been nice to revisit some of those great pop songs again. 'Out of the Blue' is a perfect pop song, you can't help but feel happy listening to it My other main picks would be Foolish Beat', 'Shake Your Love', 'Between The lines' ... and particularly 'Fallen Angel'. It's amazing how music can take away the years and you're right back there again.
                              It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                              But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

OUT OF THE BLUE

Out of the Blue:
                                Starts very cute and tender, you know what you'll get but it gets better, good lyrics and out comes a strong hook, very catchy. Also there's some electric guitars!

Staying Together:
                                This is very Weird Science at the beginning, but it's all good, later on the trumpets give it a somewhat more grown up feel, still catchy as hell.

Only In My Dreams:
                                Huge in America, cute AF, I remember going to the mall with my sis and she was all I just love this! and I was like -girls- then i found myself humming to it while browsing at JCPenney

Foolish Beat:
                                Teen pop going sophisti-Pop! again, so easy to sing along to -when no one was around of course hahaha- guilty pleasure

Red Hot:
                                I thought it was a single? I heard it a lot on dance floors (album cut as it was played way back when with some tracks). Also, I happened to travel to Japan for a few days that year and I swear I heard this one freakin everywhere over there -why?

Wake Up To Love:
                                Now this here thing tried to be OIMD part II but fell short. Still cute, a bit lazy

Shake Your Love:
                                Again another too girly song for me, but I just couldn't shake it -see what I did there. Massive hit everywhere it seemed

Fallen Angel:
                                The beginning of the song felt like it drew some big inspiration from Cyndi Lauper's Change of Heart. not a bad thing btw- very nice... I completely forgot about this one! took me back

Play The Field:
                                This I felt was the most Euro-sounding of the set back then, which was nice and different, the lyrics felt silly for me though pushin comes to shovin ya gotta look around , loved that the electric guitars came back too , did she sing literally all of her backing vocals? she did everything on this album!

Between The Lines:
                                Back to quietness and lovey dovey-ness with -again- very berry (sweet like this -think Strawberry Shortcake the tv show lol) catchy lyrics.... would this have been perfect for a tv show or what? well it should've been ! oh so she didn't sing it all almost at the end there , well you gotta give it to her, just a very good Pop album, short and sweet too.

all done! the album went by very quickly!
                                Last edited by AndiIversen; Fri July 19th, 2019, 06:33.

Comment

Thanks for your reviews. Loved reading them!

Comment

I love Debbie...
                                    jio CHARTS NOW:25/5/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10400726

Comment

Originally posted by jio View Post
                                      I love Debbie...
                                      Great! Feel free to write your Out of the Blue review. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                        Thanks for your reviews. Loved reading them!

Comment

I'm getting curious about this album with these reviews!
                                          "Lift up your head
                                          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                            I'm getting curious about this album with these reviews!
                                            You should really listen to it. I don't know whether you like it. It's very 80s pop. Like Madonna's True Blue. Easy on the ear. If you do give it a try, I'd really like to hear what you think of it. The hits should be welcomed at Q-Music's Foute Uur. Don't think I've heard her on Dutch radio in years though.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                              You should really listen to it. I don't know whether you like it. It's very 80s pop. Like Madonna's True Blue. Easy on the ear. If you do give it a try, I'd really like to hear what you think of it. The hits should be welcomed at Q-Music's Foute Uur. Don't think I've heard her on Dutch radio in years though.
                                              I'm definitely going to listen to the album and give a review here. I do actually love a nice pop moment these days!
                                              Excited to discover the album
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

I’m obsessed with Only in my Dreams since I saw it on Pose.
                                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyahman View Post
                                                  I’m obsessed with Only in my Dreams since I saw it on Pose.
                                                  If you love Only In My Dreams, you will love the whole Out Of The Blue album.

Comment

I dare [MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION] to listen to the Out Of The Blue album with an open mind as Debbie Gibson was the young Madonna of her time. Review?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X